Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's up with bathing suit prices? The last time I bought one (probably 20+ years ago) an expensive suit was about $40. Regular price at Kohl's is closer to $100! That's more than I paid for my Calvin Klein winter coat! When did a little bathing suit start costing so much?!!! :-/

I so agree! The Sam's Club suit was under $30, but is not the most flattering. I have found suits that are more flattering, but have to spend upwards of $100. Just don't know what I want to do!

I'm so happy for you and proud for you! Know what hard work it takes! What an awesome goal reached! You inspire me :)

Thanks Dbanks! I would have not gotten here without the support of you and the great folks on this site. We inspire each other!

Try landsend clearance. They have really well made suits and can be a good buy on sale or clearance. Full price will be 100

I'll check it out! Thanks! :-)

I had my yearly physical with my pcp today. Great news, I am officially going off my blood pressure medicine. He wants me to try stopping the gout medicine too but I told him I'm scared intil I'm maintainingmy weiggt and not losing anymore. We're going to check again in 2 months but it was so good to hear all my labs were perfect except potassium. I had really high c reactive Protein before surgery (close to 20) and I was 3.5 today. Yay!!!

I had my yearly physical with my pcp today. Great news, I am officially going off my blood pressure medicine. He wants me to try stopping the gout medicine too but I told him I'm scared intil I'm maintainingmy weiggt and not losing anymore. We're going to check again in 2 months but it was so good to hear all my labs were perfect except potassium. I had really high c reactive Protein before surgery (close to 20) and I was 3.5 today. Yay!!!

YIPEE!!

It's been forever since I posted. My weight loss has slowed down significantly, but I'm not really exercising the way I should be. Putting together a home gym this weekend. Bought an elliptical to go with our recumbent bike and treadmill. Also bought a TIVO for the basement, so I can work out to a show. Hoping this kick starts things. I am down 99 lbs. as of today, but it was 100 lbs. a week ago. Hate when the scale goes up!! I've always been able to eat more than most people I see post, and so willpower is really coming into play lately. I'm aiming for 800-900 calories a day, but honestly I could probably double that quite easily if I wanted to. I still want to lose almost 30 lbs., so I need to get moving!! I'm in size 12 or 14 at this stage and I'm no longer obese. There's so much to Celebrate, but my journey continues.

post-197307-0-37417900-1393900929_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgesteach

It's been forever since I posted. My weight loss has slowed down significantly, but I'm not really exercising the way I should be. Putting together a home gym this weekend. Bought an elliptical to go with our recumbent bike and treadmill. Also bought a TIVO for the basement, so I can work out to a show. Hoping this kick starts things. I am down 99 lbs. as of today, but it was 100 lbs. a week ago. Hate when the scale goes up!! I've always been able to eat more than most people I see post, and so willpower is really coming into play lately. I'm aiming for 800-900 calories a day, but honestly I could probably double that quite easily if I wanted to. I still want to lose almost 30 lbs., so I need to get moving!! I'm in size 12 or 14 at this stage and I'm no longer obese. There's so much to Celebrate, but my journey continues.

Wow you look great! I'm sure I could eat much more but I got myself on 1200cal. Most the time I'm at 800-900 but there has been a few times I got 1400 cal, That Turkey polish sausage does the demon in me. But for the most part it's way less calories I had before surgery. Keep it up you look marvelous!

Congratulations on all your successes! You look fantastic and I bet you feel even better! This a journey where we need to learn to make permanent changes. The home gym is great! food will always be our challenge, it will take more that a few months to eliminate a lifetime of bad habits. I know that I wake up every day afraid this will be the day everything goes off track and determined to make the choices that will keep me progressing toward my goal. Celebrate!! You deserve it!

You look great! Congratulations!!

What's up with bathing suit prices? The last time I bought one (probably 20+ years ago) an expensive suit was about $40. Regular price at Kohl's is closer to $100! That's more than I paid for my Calvin Klein winter coat! When did a little bathing suit start costing so much?!!! :-/

I found a swimsuit today!!! Under $50 at JCPenney. It's not as slimming as some that cost upwards of $100, but it covers what I need it too and I won't feel bad if I have to toss it by the end of summer. For others that are looking, JCP had a good sale.

I found a swimsuit today!!! Under $50 at JCPenney. It's not as slimming as some that cost upwards of $100, but it covers what I need it too and I won't feel bad if I have to toss it by the end of summer. For others that are looking, JCP had a good sale.

Yay!!! I may have to check them out. I was planning on buying a new one next month because I am going on a Mediterranean cruise in may. I bought a suit from landsend at the end of the season, size 14 but fear it may not work. That, my friends, is a good thing. :)

Gee no swimsuit pictures??.... Lol

Hahaha

I'll have to go tomorrow. Still looking for 'the right one'. :-)

Thanks for the kind words. I think I need to participate on this forum more often. It keeps me on track!!

I bought a swimsuit at Kohls for our upcoming vacation. I don't love it, but it's not too bad. Hoping I'll need a new one by summer!

Thanks again for the encouragement!! I'm a teacher and we have to offer Snacks to our kiddos these next few weeks due to extended days related to all the snow days we've taken. Having a classroom filled with Cheez-Its, Teddy Grahams, Goldfish, and Rice Krispy treats makes it hard to stay on track once the kiddos head home. Three more weeks of this and my classroom can once again be void of junk food!! Can't wait!!

Thanks for the kind words. I think I need to participate on this forum more often. It keeps me on track!! <br><br> I bought a swimsuit at Kohls for our upcoming vacation. I don't love it, but it's not too bad. Hoping I'll need a new one by summer!<br><br> Thanks again for the encouragement!! I'm a teacher and we have to offer Snacks to our kiddos these next few weeks due to extended days related to all the snow days we've taken. Having a classroom filled with Cheez-Its, Teddy Grahams, Goldfish, and Rice Krispy treats makes it hard to stay on track once the kiddos head home. Three more weeks of this and my classroom can once again be void of junk food!! Can't wait!!

Hang in there teach rewards are much better in the later part of the journey