Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love there are so many of us tarheels! even tho Im a wolfpack fan. I work in Raleigh at an Endoscopy office as an RN. TracyM I work in Rocky Mt in the ER for 7 years and had initially started with Dr Naziri in 2008 and found out I was pregnant. I have several ex coworkers that had their surgery through him and has done wonderful!. Jaye I am going thru Rex Surgical with Dr Ng. I have heard a lot of wonderful things about Rex. I'm glad your surgery went well and you are on your way. I can't wait to join you all on the losers bench! I am down 31 pounds since starting this journey and am jut starting to notice some changes. Yay! Any of you guys have Cigna insurance?

I live south of Greensboro Nc.....

I have Cigna. My employer had an incentive that if I had my surgery where I work (a hospital), that my co pay was waived. That helped me out a lot. I had met my deductible & apparently exceeded the out of pocket limit so some of my dr bills were covered at 100%. I had my first consult in August & surgery in November so only had to do 3 months of nutr visits. MD visit went well today & I can't to find out my lab results.

I'm on BCBS Blue Assurance program. My insurance from work did not cover any of the surgery so I dropped it and picked up an individual plan.

HW 305 SW 292 CW 282 GW 150

That sounds great! I was initially told 3 MD visits, but in actuality it is 90 days... 4 visits. I will have my 3rd visit May 7 and last visit hopefully June 13. When I first tried to have surgery in 2008 I worked at a hospital and they also offered that, but I found out about 1/2 through I was pregnant with my 3 year old angel. You are an inspiration to me looking at your #s. i am currently 14 pds higher than what you started and hope to lose to 150. You have done awesome!

I'm in Charlotte, NC. Had my surgery March 19th. I'm down 49 lbs.

still have issues with getting ally fluids and Protein in.

My dr was Dr Voellinger with Southeast Bariatrics. Wonderful practice. .

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Greensboro here.

Greensboro here. Surgery on May 20th

I went to a support group meeting tonight and they had Protein tastings. Isopure is NASTY! I found a few I think are tolerable. Any favorite suggestions out there?

I'm in North Raleigh. I had my surgery on April 8th in Wake Med Cary. Dr. Bruce was my surgeon. Good Luck!

I went to a support group meeting tonight and they had Protein tastings. Isopure is NASTY! I found a few I think are tolerable. Any favorite suggestions out there?

So far the "Oh Yeah" Protein drinks are good. I couldn't do the isopure. I even bought one to try and mix with something I liked and still thru it away. Nasty!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I love the muscle milk- I get the pre-made and the powder :-) my favorite pre-surgery was vanilla - post surgery- chocolate lol. I also make a creamsicle one with the vanilla that's really good :-)

HW 305 SW 292 CW 282 GW 150

Hey baby girl, I work in N Raleigh, we do a lot of the preop endoscopies, I may have done yours. :) How are you feeling now? Tbaby and 106fox I have tried both of those and they are good. I really like Pure Protein as of now, I can't stand it to be thick, it will be interesting to see what I like after surgery. Tbaby I just noticed my highest weight and yours are the same. Congrats on getting down to 282! I look at everybodies weights and journies on here and it makes me happy to see all of these people doing something to improve their life!!

Charlotte here!! I had surgery on 10/05/12 and I'm down 90#. I had surgery with Dr. Jon Pirrello from Southeast Bariatrics. I had surgery at Northeast Medical Center in Concord.