Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

Terry1118. That's a good point. My daughter carried full term twins both over 7 lbs so I can relate, those twinnies took a toll. I'm probably just wishful thinking but hey. Why not?!!!

You never know! You COULD be that person who can do it! :-)

Get a 16... trust me. :)

I just bought size 12s at the end of february. I bought 4 pairs of work pants and in now in a 10 more like an 8. The 12s are going to goodwill this weekend and some I only wore one time.

My 10's are hanging off me. I have some very nice comfortable work slacks in sz10 but I have to keep hitching them up. Also, my medium tops are getting too big. I never DREAMED I'd ever get this small! :-)

Hi everyone, been ages, couldn't get access and then had more surgery in January for twisted bowel. Having surgery in June/July for removal of excess skin and loose fat on my belly. How has everyone been? From the start of my journey I've lost seventy five kilos in total. I've gone up and I've gone down, and now I'm stable most of the time. I'm eating up to a cup of salad or veggies with every meal, and still small amounts of Protein. I've missed everyone and I so hope to catch up with you all once again.

Fitting into a seat on the plane with extra room...I can't remember the last time I flew and the dang arm rests didn't get pushed up due to my hips and thighs. I musta looked like an idiot next to this old lady this morning just smiling away! Lol!

Surgery Jan 20th, leaned forward in the car to pick something of the floor, (it was a shock to me) not been able to do that in 10+ years.

I tried on a pair of size 12 denim shorts and they fit. A little hard to zip but all these thighs and butt fit in them perfectly! Needless to say I brought a blue pair I will be going back this weekend to get them in black! I haven't worn a 12 since high school. Granted not all my clothes are a 12 but it's a fabulous start!

I'm heading to California to visit my son and meet his girl. My husband cannot go as he started a new job and has no vacation time. I've never left New England except when we went to my boy's graduation from boot camp at Parris Island. And I've never been away from my husband EVER, not once in 32 years. And I'm a country mouse. What terrifies me most is collecting my rental car in San Diego and then driving all the way to my hotel in San Clemente. I'm leaving on the 24th. God help me!

I am bound and determined to have fun! It will be a great adventure! :-)

I'm heading to California to visit my son and meet his girl. My husband cannot go as he started a new job and has no vacation time. I've never left New England except when we went to my boy's graduation from boot camp at Parris Island. And I've never been away from my husband EVER, not once in 32 years. And I'm a country mouse. What terrifies me most is collecting my rental car in San Diego and then driving all the way to my hotel in San Clemente. I'm leaving on the 24th. God help me! I am bound and determined to have fun! It will be a great adventure! :-)

You will have so much fun! Use this as time to get to know yourself all over again! Make sure you have a car charger for your cell phone, be aware of your surroundings and most importantly be safe!

I'm heading to California to visit my son and meet his girl. My husband cannot go as he started a new job and has no vacation time. I've never left New England except when we went to my boy's graduation from boot camp at Parris Island. And I've never been away from my husband EVER, not once in 32 years. And I'm a country mouse. What terrifies me most is collecting my rental car in San Diego and then driving all the way to my hotel in San Clemente. I'm leaving on the 24th. God help me!

I am bound and determined to have fun! It will be a great adventure! :-)

You are going to have an amazing adventure! Have fun! Wish I was in Cali!

I love this thread!

I think I've lost a shoe size. I've always worn a 11w or a 12. I've never just been able to buy shoes. I always have to find wide sizes, or some place that carries a 12 and they're aren't many. Today on a whim, I tried on a regular 11 and they actually fit! I wanted to buy every pair in the store, but I stopped myself at 1.

I have a funny story. We had a large amount of laundry to do, so I drug my 13yr old daughter to town to get it all done in one shot. I was wearing my go-to black pants and black v-neck tshirt. It kept slipping off of my shoulder. My daughter says, "mom, i can see your bra strap again...go buy a smaller shirt!" I said, "Ohhh, I should go buy some super cute tshirt and take a pic." She blurted out, "OMG, MOM DO NOT START TAKING AND POSTING SELFIES". The entire place started cracking up! I am fitting in everything better, my car, my chairs. It's a wonderful feeling!

This is inspiring to me as it is not all about the scale victories! I’m 12 weeks out today and haven’t had many Non scale Victories (NSV’s) yet! One big one was last week and I didn’t need a seat belt extension on one leg of the flight! My 5x clothes are starting to get loose on me which is a good thing. I wanted to post here so when I start chalking up all my NSV’s I remember how far I have come. At this time I still use beach towels, wear a size 30 but can get into my 28’s now. I usually sit while I’m in the shower, still don’t sit in a booth and chairs with arms at restaurants make me nervous. I can’t get down the airplane isle without bumping into people on each side. It doesn’t help to turn sideways either as I’m wide both ways. I still pull myself up the banister to get up the stairs. I can’t really shop or go site seeing as I get winded too easily. I have to lean on my shopping cart to get around the store. Okay, this is sounding like a laundry list of why I had the surgery and it is. I’ve noticed all of the posts on here about those that have crossed these hurdles and had major NSV’s! Bring it on!

I recover SO MUCH FASTER from any physical work I have to do. I moved and cleaned all weekend, and I am only tired. Had I tried that 100lbs ago, I would be out for days. It's been like this for a while now, but it still amazes me every time.

Carol P -- you should keep the list and just start checking them off as you achieve your goals! Looks like you're doing great so far -- just keep it up!