Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I am 2 months out as well and have noticed the Hair loss. I use Biotin and fish oil to keep my hair healthy. I try not to blow dry or heat Iron my hair because its so fragile. I went from dark drown to a strawberry red and it is damaged. Since its summer i just pull it back.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#

Try some mane &tail Shampoo & conditioner. Find it with pet shampoos, works great.

Glad to hear he is feeling better. You seem to have a lot more patience then most or at least me haha 7 adults and 4 dogs...and u still have the energy for all that laundry AND to mow the lawn lol I am drained from my hubby 2yr old and 1 dog lol

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 312lbs

I DON'T have more patience! ;) Just deal with it cuz its family. I dont work so I have to do something, so I try to stay busy even with the back pain. Since i cant exercise i try to do other things to keep active. Finally got a dryer today, but think ill still hang clothes out. I like the smell. Today my husband brought home 4 big flats of strawberries. He helps his friend mow his acres when he is busy during strawberry season, and we get free berries. I made jam out of most of it and i am beat! To bed early tonight!Tomorrow im gonna start scraping and painting my porches and the wood fence. Want stuff to look nice for daughters graduation party.

Is anybody using birth control? I'm thinking about going back on the pill, but I'm worried about hormonal changes and weight gain. A friend of mine had better luck with the nuva ring. Any advice?

HW 296 - SW 266.3 (4/1/13) - CW 219

Well I took my kids to the pool for my birthday might order them pizza later

Happy birthday, Krystal!

Is anybody using birth control? I'm thinking about going back on the pill' date=' but I'm worried about hormonal changes and weight gain. A friend of mine had better luck with the nuva ring. Any advice?

HW 296 - SW 266.3 (4/1/13) - CW 219[/quote']

I had mirena. Love it. Got enough Vitamins to remember!!

Been a busy few days here. Taking care of my son who is feeling better now' date=' and helping sister in law and niece who have moved in for a few months. We now have a very full house with 7 adults and 4 dogs. There weather was beautiful yesterday so I washed and hung 8 loads of laundry( we were behind cuz dryed broke)and mowed the lawn. I had to sit down and rest about 5 times before lawn was done, but it felt good to get some exercise. I am still at a stall; at 267 for over a week. Even though it is "normal", it gets old. Thought id be so much farther now, but I did lose 40 pre op so that counts. Was hoping for at least 80 in 6 months. Better get going![/quote']

Dori, so glad you started this thread. You are such an inspiration, you keep me going. On days like today, when I feel really down, I look froward to hear what you and the others are doing, and I immediately feel right at home. Thanks a bunch!

I have been worried about the Hair loss as well. The nutritionist suggested Biotin for that' date=' and to decrease the heat use, coloring and perming/relaxing(in my case), and to condition it often. I don't know about different hair types but I think reducing those things may help. I hope someone else will reply, especially if you have black hair, and let me know what you are seeing with your hair and some suggestions. I've never done extensions, but my daughter does and it seems like a good idea.[/quote']

I started taking biotin right before surgery and have tried to remember to take it post op but I've missed some. I actually am trying to stop with my flat Iron addiction and wear it more natural now but the frizz down here with this humidity makes me a sight to behold :) I've never done extensions but I have a friend with really thin hair and she swears by it so I am not counting out doing that if it gets to thin. Right now I'm noticing it more in the front.

This insomnia bs is beating Me up. Two hours of asleep is not cutting it.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 286 RNY 4/11/13<br />

I feel ya! Up at 2:20 this am. It certainly messes with my energy level.

Dori' date=' so glad you started this thread. You are such an inspiration, you keep me going. On days like today, when I feel really down, I look froward to hear what you and the others are doing, and I immediately feel right at home. Thanks a bunch![/quote']

I look forward to checking in as well. Since im not working, this site and my family are my only sources of support. I rely on everyone here to help me thru this! ;)

Im up at 3am myself today. But since my sister in law and niece are in the extra room downstairs, I cant get out of bed to watch tv or clean. So im just surfing the net on my phone. ugh

Well I took my kids to the pool for my birthday might order them pizza later

Happy Happy Birthday Krystal!

I started taking Biotin right before surgery and have tried to remember to take it post op but I've missed some. I actually am trying to stop with my flat Iron addiction and wear it more natural now but the frizz down here with this humidity makes me a sight to behold :) I've never done extensions but I have a friend with really thin hair and she swears by it so I am not counting out doing that if it gets to thin. Right now I'm noticing it more in the front.

I havsnt noticed any loss yet. Gonna start checking tho since my April peeps are noticing it now!

Do u take anything for it?

Do u take anything for it?

I have sleep disorder( sleep maintaince disorder) and have been on trazadone for years...used to work better but not absorbed as well since surgery...sigh. they're trying me on silenor next.