Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

So glad your prayers have been answered! Now you can concentrate on your son and his healing as well as your own. Take the time and be well. Congratulations!!!

Thanks for the support!

We are home. All is well. I am tired and he is in pain and crabby. Gonna let my daughters take care of him tonight. I love him but we need alittle break! ;)

Dori

how's your son?

Dori

how's your son?

We posted at the same time. See above!

We are home. All is well. I am tired and he is in pain and crabby. Gonna let my daughters take care of him tonight. I love him but we need alittle break! ;)

I'm glad your son is home! Maybe both of you can get some rest. At least the pain after surgery is HEALING pain. It's way better than something-is-wrong-but-we-don't-know-what pain. He'll be feeling better quickly. Take care of yourself now. :-)

Hi everyone' date='

I'm Joyce and I am feeling like the old person in this group! You guys are so brave in taking on your lives before you get to the point of no return. That's the way I felt. I am 48 years old and had been comtemplating surgery for the past 4 years before I decided. When I finally decided, my doctor was like, I told you that you will never regret this decision. He said that, and I am taking his word for it! I haven't had any problems, except for an incident where I ate too much and threw up. I have a 25 year old daughter who just moved back home after graduating from college, she 's working and just bought her first car, so she's doing well. I am still trying to adjust to her being back home! She's my support system, though. I have always been heavier than most of my friends and all of my family. I am like some of you as I don't have a lot of photos before surgery, I hid myself very well. The final straw for me was looking at a family photo last Christmas. My entire family, siblings and parents, are all in the photo. I take up a considerable amount of the photo. Every time I look at that photo, I feel so many things. The one thing I felt the most was sadness. I finally diecided to bite the bullet and do it! I have been divorced for over 12 years and not dating because I am a workaholic, I stay away from people as much as possible. I teach students with mild-moderate disabilities, work with a young man who has Autism, and work part-time at Bath and Body works! Needless to say, I have mastered the art of being invisisble. Anyway, I am glad to have all of you and your support, I am so proud of all of you and how well you're doing. Keep up the good work![/quote']

Welcome Joyce! This April group is pretty darn amazing!! Glad to have u here!

Hi my peeps! Well I am glad to get some updates. Today was alot better day..I managed to now my entire yard without dropping even in the nasty heat. Tomorrow I'm ready to get over and ready for the weekend. I had a bit of a victory today..I had to buy some new scrubs and I was able to get into size medium. I've been in xlarge and large for so long I had pulled all large and ended up in medium. The top was a bit tight but the large swallowed me. I was really starting to look like I was wearing tents instead of scrubs. A friend of a friend I have been talking to locally recently has now dropped 100lbs post rny 10mo ago. She really doesn't try much or worry about her diet or Vitamins so..that kinda gave me hope it will work for me..im doing what I was told to do by the dr. I'm really hoping the funky moody part of me is starting to recede..I'm ready to get back to myself and stop the brooding. Still crossing my fingers the stall will end and I'm sure that will help alot to brighten my mood.

Has anyone tried Zumba?

Has anyone tried Zumba?

That's been my go-to exercise! I've done classes, a video, and the wii game. So much fun!

HW 296 - SW 266.3 (4/1/13) - CW 222

I've been doing Zumba class too. Also Zumba core which is really similar but most of the moves focus on your core area. Both tons of fun.

Are any of you in Little Rock Arkansas? I am here for a training the rest of the week.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Beach vacation in 5 weeks.. trying my hardest to get to 200!! Little over 50 pounds to go, is it unattainable?

:D Working my ass off!

I had a horrible night last night I want to leave my husband but I dont know where to start considering I have 7 kids

Oh krystal! I'm so sorry!

Oh krystal! I'm so sorry!