Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

This is me before surgery and after. Sooooo glad the double chin is going away!

You look good dori

Well here it is my first swimsuit pic

post-31952-13813812372405_thumb.png

[ATTACH]3949[/ATTACH]

Well here it is my first swimsuit pic

post-204619-13813134141656_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]3949[/ATTACH]

Looking good girl! I like that swimsuit...I would wear that myself and I don't or ever did swimsuits!

post-204619-13813134141127_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]3947[/ATTACH]

post-204619-13813134141383_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]3948[/ATTACH]

I can see a big difference Dorian! Looking good!!!

Awwww, everyone's dogs are so cute! I had a collie named Chloe that was such a big part of my heart. She passed a couple months ago and it's still really hard for me. She had a long, happy spoiled life though. Dogs are the best I like them way more than people most of the time.

Hi everyone, since you're all sharing your stories, thought I'd share mine. I haven't posted much but I also check in almost daily to hear everyone & what they're going through. My name is Lyndsay & I'm 31 from MA! Boston Strong!! I had surgery on 4/1. Surgery went awesome & couldn't have asked for anything better. I was doing great until about week 5 when I had no desire to eat or drink. I felt like what little was going in was making me so nauseous. Had to go for iv fluids a couple of times and now I'm feeling great and back on track. As on this past Sunday I'm down 32.8lbs & so happy I made this choice. I decided to keep the surgery private except for a few select people. I am so blessed the ones I told have been incredibly supportive. I've told a lot more people recently & have had to deal with some flack but I simply tell them this is my life, my body & my choice. You don't like it then don't do it for yourself but please don't tell me how I should live my life. I've struggled with my weight, I feel all my life but more so right after I graduated high school. My grandmother was very sick and our family watched her suffer for a couple yrs prior to passing. Her husband, my grandfather died 14 months later then my uncle, their son 2 1/2 yrs later. I suffered from depression during that time, for obvious reasons but also bc I never dealt w/my mom having breast cancer. I learned to eat my emotions and feelings away. I made a promise to myself when I turned 30 that I would change my life & be happy. Truly and completely happy but I needed to focus on me physically, mentally & emotionally. I'm so grateful for this amazing tool that will help me better my life as well as this amazing group. You're all an inspiration.

For fun, I love to scrapbook! I have some close friends that share that passion which combines two great things in my life. No kids yet but I'm the proud Auntie to some of the most amazing kids that have ever graced this earth. I'm also a "mom" to my little handsome cat Brady. I love getting "to know" all of you. Keep up the great work.

Scrap booking sounds fun! Because of depression I never feel motivated no matter how much I want to be. One of my friends grows her own vegetables to make her own salsa and she makes a lot of handmade things. I'm a good cook but I never feel motivated to do it. I have a lot of pickle recipes and used to make them and give them out to friends. I would like to have a hobby I could include others on, but I can't think of one. Lately my friends have been leaving me out of things and I think it's because I'm married and they are all single...

Scrap booking sounds fun! Because of depression I never feel motivated no matter how much I want to be. One of my friends grows her own vegetables to make her own salsa and she makes a lot of handmade things. I'm a good cook but I never feel motivated to do it. I have a lot of pickle recipes and used to make them and give them out to friends. I would like to have a hobby I could include others on' date=' but I can't think of one. Lately my friends have been leaving me out of things and I think it's because I'm married and they are all single...[/quote']

Scrapbooking is a blast, especially with friends! It took me a while to get out of the funk of depression. I just wanted to be alone & not be around people but I needed to take the steps for me to make a change. So I went to see a dr & opened myself up to others to tell them what I was going thru. I was missing out on so much & that only made things worse! I love to cook too but being single it's hard to cook for one so my friends benefit from it. I would feed a few friends from work almost weekly. There are still days where I have no motivation, sometimes I embrace it & acknowledge I need a chill, quiet day to myself but other times I force myself to get up and do something bc I've just come to the point mentally I don't want to waste my life being alone. If you love to cook, see if there are any classes in your area for cooking and meet some people that way that share an interest. Sorry you're friends have been leaving you out. Where they are single, maybe suggest a girls night out and go dancing or get a pedicure or you could invite them over and cook dinner together.

This is my Molly girl :)

Glad to have a fellow boxer mama on here!

You look amazing!! And your dogs are so cute!

Love all the pics!

Scrapbooking is a blast' date=' especially with friends! It took me a while to get out of the funk of depression. I just wanted to be alone & not be around people but I needed to take the steps for me to make a change. So I went to see a dr & opened myself up to others to tell them what I was going thru. I was missing out on so much & that only made things worse! I love to cook too but being single it's hard to cook for one so my friends benefit from it. I would feed a few friends from work almost weekly. There are still days where I have no motivation, sometimes I embrace it & acknowledge I need a chill, quiet day to myself but other times I force myself to get up and do something bc I've just come to the point mentally I don't want to waste my life being alone. If you love to cook, see if there are any classes in your area for cooking and meet some people that way that share an interest. Sorry you're friends have been leaving you out. Where they are single, maybe suggest a girls night out and go dancing or get a pedicure or you could invite them over and cook dinner together.[/quote']

Yeah. .. the issue is I have never had a lot of friends. I have two close friends I would do everything with, but I also have other friends that have kids and so they never want to do anything. I got hit on at a bar one night and told the guy I was married but said I had a friend that he was her type. I took his number and gave it to her. They have been dating over a year now. He has a very large group of friends that are snobby but are all 29 years old and still living at home. They don't seem to like me but they have something going on every day of the week and they invite my two friends and I'm never invited. The group is all singles so I don't know if that has something to do with it, but the guys in the group won't talk to my husband and the girls don't want to talk to me. Now I can plan something a month ahead and last minute my friends will back out to do something the" group" planned last minute. I'm not sure if I could get my friends back or if I just need to find new friends...

80 lbs gone forever!!!!

I started trying to lose weight pre-surgery on Feb 22nd. I was 391lbs, but never felt that big. Had surgery on 4/15 and have been kinda bummed about only losing 37lbs since surgery but now I realize I am down a total of 80lbs altogether as of 2/22. I can't believe it!! I have noticed that the more I eat, the more I lose. I am branching out and trying new things that are good for me and truly appreciating every bite. This was the best decision I have ever made. I am glad to have this forum to know everyone and see such amazing progress.

Yeah. .. the issue is I have never had a lot of friends. I have two close friends I would do everything with' date=' but I also have other friends that have kids and so they never want to do anything. I got hit on at a bar one night and told the guy I was married but said I had a friend that he was her type. I took his number and gave it to her. They have been dating over a year now. He has a very large group of friends that are snobby but are all 29 years old and still living at home. They don't seem to like me but they have something going on every day of the week and they invite my two friends and I'm never invited. The group is all singles so I don't know if that has something to do with it, but the guys in the group won't talk to my husband and the girls don't want to talk to me. Now I can plan something a month ahead and last minute my friends will back out to do something the" group" planned last minute. I'm not sure if I could get my friends back or if I just need to find new friends...[/quote']

I know what you're going through as far as when it comes to your friends I've gone through the same thing and it's hard when your 32 and a stay at home mom to try and meet new friends when you don't go to work and you don't go to the bars or clubs so I guess you guys are my new friend lol....

I love everybody's doggie pictures so I want to share mine my dog's name is Jax he's 10 months old we've had a rough week with him the last week or so we brought him to get neutered last week at the spca and then on Wednesday he ended up with a bad abcess that ended up opening and they couldn't stitch it today so now he has to have surgery on monday :( we have been to the vet and animal hospital everyday with him since wednesday and he's still in a lot of pain hoping monday he feels better