Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Guess I'll introduce myself too. My name is Christina, I'm 33 years old, never married, no kids, two cats and 1 boyfriend of 4 months. For the past almost 11 years I've worked as a 911 operator and police/fire/ EMS dispatcher. Currently on the graveyard shift and will be there for about a year (10 months to go!). Had my RNY April 17 and I've "only" lost 33 lbs so far. But I'm still happy about that because I haven't weighed 241 in a loooong time. Had a dinner date with my boo Friday and wore a size 1X dress, which I still almost can't believe. I'm at the point where I can still technically wear my old clothes but I'm starting to look sloppy. Think I might try to go to Old Navy in a bit and see if I can get some XXL bottoms to fit (really need new gym clothes especially), but I'm kinda afraid of being disappointed. Only one way to find out.

Edited to add that my highest weight was 310. Lost about 35 lbslast year and found out that I love strength training when I tried out P90x. I just had a hard time sticking with it because I wasn't adjusting my diet enough. Fell off the wagon and gained about 20 lbs back. Now that I CAN'T eat poorly or else I'll dump hopefully it'll be easier for me to train and make progress. My goal is to be able to run again and actually be in a 5k and eventually a mud run. I feel like I've missed out on so much already that it's time to make up for it and enjoy my body and my life some more.

My apologies if this has been asked already' date=' but does anybody else feel more flabby since surgery? I realize it's the fat breaking down, etc, but it's just such a weird sensation. When I go to the gym and do my exercises in the mirror I can't help but focus on my wiggling parts. Lol.[/quote']

Yes im so jiggly my little ones play with my jiggly tummy and sometimes I catch myself doing it to

Guess I'll introduce myself too. My name is Christina' date=' I'm 33 years old, never married, no kids, two cats and 1 boyfriend of 4 months. For the past almost 11 years I've worked as a 911 operator and police/fire/ EMS dispatcher. Currently on the graveyard shift and will be there for about a year (10 months to go!). Had my RNY April 17 and I've "only" lost 33 lbs so far. But I'm still happy about that because I haven't weighed 241 in a loooong time. Had a dinner date with my boo Friday and wore a size 1X dress, which I still almost can't believe. I'm at the point where I can still technically wear my old clothes but I'm starting to look sloppy. Think I might try to go to Old Navy in a bit and see if I can get some XXL bottoms to fit (really need new gym clothes especially), but I'm kinda afraid of being disappointed. Only one way to find out.[/quote']

My old clothes look sloppy on me to and 33lbs is good I have lost 39lbs but I was sick for awhile I couldnt eat or drink anything so your doing good

I gain a pound this week:( but I think it was all the Fluid the hospital pumped in me

Ok I got to vent the other day when I was sick with tonsilitis and a kidney stone my husband came home late from work or wherever the heck he was he got mad at me because I didnt get up to serve him his food this was around midnight he hasnt talked to me since and then he complains that I leave him leftovers well when he gets home so late what does he expect he can eat what my 7 kids eat im not going to be cooking at midnight I work to he even pays his friends wife to make him lunch to take to work and when I was in the hospital he paid her to wash his clothes while my kids washed there own there are alot of days were he tells me the reason he comes home late is because he doesnt want to deal with us then he leaves at 6 in the morning so he can go weeks without seeing his kids if I didnt have kids I would be gone in a heartbeat when he is with us he drinks at least a 12 pack of beer I hate him for doing this to us he said if I ever left him he would run back to mexico si he wouldnt have to pay child support

My name is Jodi, I'm 35...for another couple weeks. Will be 36 on July 3rd. I'm a teacher, I teach high school art...as of today though I'm on summer vacation. Woot woot! I had my surgery on April 23rd at 314 lbs. I haven't had any sickness or issues with food, but I have stuck to the plan 100%. Hopefully this keeps up, knock on wood. I was down 39 lbs my last doctors apt. Last week. I don't weigh myself at home because the scale stresses me out. Been feeling pretty great lately, getting some energy back. My summer goal is to really step up the exercise. It's been great to read everyone's posts and see how others on this journey are doing. Great getting to know you all.

My name is Jodi' date=' I'm 35...for another couple weeks. Will be 36 on July 3rd. I'm a teacher, I teach high school art...as of today though I'm on summer vacation. Woot woot! I had my surgery on April 23rd at 314 lbs. I haven't had any sickness or issues with food, but I have stuck to the plan 100%. Hopefully this keeps up, knock on wood. I was down 39 lbs my last doctors apt. Last week. I don't weigh myself at home because the scale stresses me out. Been feeling pretty great lately, getting some energy back. My summer goal is to really step up the exercise. It's been great to read everyone's posts and see how others on this journey are doing. Great getting to know you all.[/quote']

Are birthday is a couple of days apart mines july 1st

My name is Amber. I turned 27 in March. My husband and I have been married since 9/11/06. We have 3 children, 1 girl and 2 boys, ages 5, 4, and 2. My husband is active duty Army(he was a police officer until the end of 2009). We are currently stationed up here at Ft. Carson, CO. We are both originally from Palm Bay, FL which is 45 minutes east of Disney! My mother had me at the ripe old age of 13, so needless to say, I never knew my biological father(though, I did reach out to him when I was 20). I grew up barefoot on the Indian River, and while we were poor as dirt, I had a pretty good childhood. My great-grandfather was my hero. I spent most of my youth with him and learned so much about life and values. I haven't always been a such a chunker granted I was "thicker" in high school I was about 165 at 5'8. I have 3 younger siblings, the youngest is only 13 and he is definitely the baby of the family. I am a stay at home mom, though I go to college. We are Disney junkies, even more so as adults then we were as kids. We vacation there as often as humanly possible and nerd it up with matching t-shirts. I can't wait to go back and ride ALL the rides with my kiddos without feeling way oversized. My husband is getting out of the Army very soon and we will be moving to northern Tenn. to be close to family. I am a Steelers fan, and LOVE the UF Gators. I read in my spare time, nothing is better than a good book. I plan on having another baby, hopefully no later than 30, though it may be later since we have to wait so long post-op.

Good to meet you all!

My name is Jodi' date=' I'm 35...for another couple weeks. Will be 36 on July 3rd. I'm a teacher, I teach high school art...as of today though I'm on summer vacation. Woot woot! I had my surgery on April 23rd at 314 lbs. I haven't had any sickness or issues with food, but I have stuck to the plan 100%. Hopefully this keeps up, knock on wood. I was down 39 lbs my last doctors apt. Last week. I don't weigh myself at home because the scale stresses me out. Been feeling pretty great lately, getting some energy back. My summer goal is to really step up the exercise. It's been great to read everyone's posts and see how others on this journey are doing. Great getting to know you all.[/quote']

Welcome! This april group rocks.

My name is Amber. I turned 27 in March. My husband and I have been married since 9/11/06. We have 3 children' date=' 1 girl and 2 boys, ages 5, 4, and 2. My husband is active duty Army(he was a police officer until the end of 2009). We are currently stationed up here at Ft. Carson, CO. We are both originally from Palm Bay, FL which is 45 minutes east of Disney! My mother had me at the ripe old age of 13, so needless to say, I never knew my biological father(though, I did reach out to him when I was 20). I grew up barefoot on the Indian River, and while we were poor as dirt, I had a pretty good childhood. My great-grandfather was my hero. I spent most of my youth with him and learned so much about life and values. I haven't always been a such a chunker granted I was "thicker" in high school I was about 165 at 5'8. I have 3 younger siblings, the youngest is only 13 and he is definitely the baby of the family. I am a stay at home mom, though I go to college. We are Disney junkies, even more so as adults then we were as kids. We vacation there as often as humanly possible and nerd it up with matching t-shirts. I can't wait to go back and ride ALL the rides with my kiddos without feeling way oversized. My husband is getting out of the Army very soon and we will be moving to northern Tenn. to be close to family. I am a Steelers fan, and LOVE the UF Gators. I read in my spare time, nothing is better than a good book. I plan on having another baby, hopefully no later than 30, though it may be later since we have to wait so long post-op.[/quote']

Awww I would love to go to disney

My name is Amber. I turned 27 in March. My husband and I have been married since 9/11/06. We have 3 children' date=' 1 girl and 2 boys, ages 5, 4, and 2. My husband is active duty Army(he was a police officer until the end of 2009). We are currently stationed up here at Ft. Carson, CO. We are both originally from Palm Bay, FL which is 45 minutes east of Disney! My mother had me at the ripe old age of 13, so needless to say, I never knew my biological father(though, I did reach out to him when I was 20). I grew up barefoot on the Indian River, and while we were poor as dirt, I had a pretty good childhood. My great-grandfather was my hero. I spent most of my youth with him and learned so much about life and values. I haven't always been a such a chunker granted I was "thicker" in high school I was about 165 at 5'8. I have 3 younger siblings, the youngest is only 13 and he is definitely the baby of the family. I am a stay at home mom, though I go to college. We are Disney junkies, even more so as adults then we were as kids. We vacation there as often as humanly possible and nerd it up with matching t-shirts. I can't wait to go back and ride ALL the rides with my kiddos without feeling way oversized. My husband is getting out of the Army very soon and we will be moving to northern Tenn. to be close to family. I am a Steelers fan, and LOVE the UF Gators. I read in my spare time, nothing is better than a good book. I plan on having another baby, hopefully no later than 30, though it may be later since we have to wait so long post-op.[/quote']

Welcome to the other side!

Ok I got to vent the other day when I was sick with tonsilitis and a kidney stone my husband came home late from work or wherever the heck he was he got mad at me because I didnt get up to serve him his food this was around midnight he hasnt talked to me since and then he complains that I leave him leftovers well when he gets home so late what does he expect he can eat what my 7 kids eat im not going to be cooking at midnight I work to he even pays his friends wife to make him lunch to take to work and when I was in the hospital he paid her to wash his clothes while my kids washed there own there are alot of days were he tells me the reason he comes home late is because he doesnt want to deal with us then he leaves at 6 in the morning so he can go weeks without seeing his kids if I didnt have kids I would be gone in a heartbeat when he is with us he drinks at least a 12 pack of beer I hate him for doing this to us he said if I ever left him he would run back to mexico si he wouldnt have to pay child support

What a douche bag he is. I have my own douche bag at home.

Luckily my kids are out of the house. I beat no matter what you do it isnt right.

Sorry you have to go through this. I wish i had magic words to fix things.

Sure :) my name is Amanda I'm 32 gonna be 33 on Wednesday. ..I've been married almost 3 yrs (july 31st) and we have a 28 month old daughter she was a surprise we found out about 2 weeks before our wedding lol ..... I have been overweight since about 11 :( my lowest as an adult was 220lbs about 5 yrs ago after having the lapband done then in 2009 my dad passed away from complications from diabetes ...I was always daddys little girl and have taken it pretty bad and gained about 30lbs when he passed away yhe rest came back while pregnant.....I own an income tax business and work from jan-april (hence why I had my surgery april 16th lol) I didn't want to wait any longer than I had to....When its not tax season I'm a stay at home mom :)

I will be 45 on monday!

My dr said 115 to 120

I think that's pretty realistic and would totally love being there. When he asked what was my goal I said 135 so we went there :) he sound he could see me getting to 120-130 but idk I seem to keep sticking in the 180s now