Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My stpmach is making growling noises after the opp. Does anyone else experience the same thing?

Yea i am 5 weeks post op and mine aill gurgle.

My stpmach is making growling noises after the opp. Does anyone else experience the same thing?

Yes that's normal I think it's because there nothing solid in there lol

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Yeah my stomach did the same thing for the first few days. I think it was gas

My pouch doesnt rumble but my remenant stomach does from time to time. I think its mad cause theres no more food in it. Lol

Lol good one :-)

I am about 5 days out now, Feeling good, but worried about the fact that I do not feel full. How would I know if I have too much in my pouch? I am so worried to "leak". I am on Clear Liquids with Protein Shakes 3x a day. Today I felt very sad and angry though, because I couldn't actually eat food. I'm not hungry, but miss the feelings associated with eating. :(

Well my surgery was may 17th doing good walked a mile and a half in the hospital woo hoo. Went for my post op apt they said I lost 12.5 lbs was very happy I am eating soft foods now non fat Greek yogurt by yo plait is 16 grams of Protein. Love it so def helps dont like the shakes would rather make my yogurt into a drink and is less calories.

Mine was may 30th and I'm doing well. No complications and came home next day. Apart from Protein Drinks I'm tolerating cream Soups well. Walking is getting easier. Can even sleep on my side a bit which is helping with the gas.

And speaking of sleeping.... Omg I'm sleeping more hours a day than I'm awake. I know my body needs it but I can't remember sleeping this much in my life.

My surgery was May 28 and I am still drinking and eating clear liquid items. I have my follow up on Friday. I know we have to do the stages but I am kinda of ready to eat regular food. Just to have a taste of a good hamburger or a good chicken salad. I am just waiting until that day.

I wish I was doing as well. Where to start. I am really starting to regret doing this to myself. The pain on my right side is unbearable. If I sit in my big recliner, I am ok. But getting up, walking and trying to sit down is killer. TMI I know, but I cannot wipe myself after I go to the bathroom because the pain is so deep. I can't tell if I am full or hungry. I eat one bite of something then I wait a few minutes. The on,y thing that doesn't make me nausea is chocolate slim fast shakes, which have only 10g of Protein. I am not getting enough fluids in. I used to say no problem with fluids because I absolutely love Water. After surgery, I can't stand the taste. Speaking of taste, I have this awful taste in my mouth that doesn't go away. I am walking about 3/4 mile a day. But it is very slow and I have to hold my right side very tight so I can just breath and walk. I have every kind of Protein Powder you can think of and they all taste nasty to me. I tried making one with Greek yogurt this morning and almost threw up. I meet with my doctor on Thursday. My surgery was last Tuesday. I am allergic to Vicodin and Percocet, so they gave me Tramadol, which is a joke. My dog actually takes a bigger dose then they prescribed for me. I am trying Tylenol tomorrow. Just miserable... I have lost 7 pounds in 5 days, but at what cost?

I wish I was doing as well. Where to start. I am really starting to regret doing this to myself. The pain on my right side is unbearable. If I sit in my big recliner' date=' I am ok. But getting up, walking and trying to sit down is killer. TMI I know, but I cannot wipe myself after I go to the bathroom because the pain is so deep. I can't tell if I am full or hungry. I eat one bite of something then I wait a few minutes. The on,y thing that doesn't make me nausea is chocolate slim fast shakes, which have only 10g of Protein. I am not getting enough fluids in. I used to say no problem with fluids because I absolutely love Water. After surgery, I can't stand the taste. Speaking of taste, I have this awful taste in my mouth that doesn't go away. I am walking about 3/4 mile a day. But it is very slow and I have to hold my right side very tight so I can just breath and walk. I have every kind of protein powder you can think of and they all taste nasty to me. I tried making one with Greek yogurt this morning and almost threw up. I meet with my doctor on Thursday. My surgery was last Tuesday. I am allergic to Vicodin and Percocet, so they gave me Tramadol, which is a joke. My dog actually takes a bigger dose then they prescribed for me. I am trying Tylenol tomorrow. Just miserable... I have lost 7 pounds in 5 days, but at what cost?[/quote']

Oh hunny I am sorry to hear ur finding it so rough x like u the up and down is painful I sleep on the sofa as the bed is too low my left side hurts all the time and I found that putting a small cushion under to support that side helps a lot. I walk slow cant wipe either I think that is all normal as much as it is getting you down. Dry funny taste in mouth is annoying isn't it?! Don't regret this it is the best thing we could of done for ourselves just try to remember we have put out bodies through a seriously traumatic experience they are going to rebel on top of that its life changing for us we have to change everything about how we relate to food etc which will make u feel lower than dog s.... Keep ur chin up and come complain when ever u want let me know how the docs go huge hugs x

20 pounds down since surgery woohoo was 250 now 230 in two weeks

Wow - fantastic!!

I wish I was doing as well. Where to start. I am really starting to regret doing this to myself. The pain on my right side is unbearable. If I sit in my big recliner' date=' I am ok. But getting up, walking and trying to sit down is killer. TMI I know, but I cannot wipe myself after I go to the bathroom because the pain is so deep. I can't tell if I am full or hungry. I eat one bite of something then I wait a few minutes. The on,y thing that doesn't make me nausea is chocolate slim fast shakes, which have only 10g of Protein. I am not getting enough fluids in. I used to say no problem with fluids because I absolutely love Water. After surgery, I can't stand the taste. Speaking of taste, I have this awful taste in my mouth that doesn't go away. I am walking about 3/4 mile a day. But it is very slow and I have to hold my right side very tight so I can just breath and walk. I have every kind of protein powder you can think of and they all taste nasty to me. I tried making one with Greek yogurt this morning and almost threw up. I meet with my doctor on Thursday. My surgery was last Tuesday. I am allergic to Vicodin and Percocet, so they gave me Tramadol, which is a joke. My dog actually takes a bigger dose then they prescribed for me. I am trying Tylenol tomorrow. Just miserable... I have lost 7 pounds in 5 days, but at what cost?[/quote']

My surgery was Thursday. I have left side shoulder pain (either gas or tendonitis, which I am prone to). Try a heating pad or hot water bottle. I'm feeling an achy heaviness just below my breasts when I stand. I have to take walking slow. But they say it gets easier the more you do it.

As for protein I like this: mix one scoop of choc flavor whey protein in 1/2 cup Jello sugar free choc pudding. One scoop is 25gr protein. I can't eat it in one sitting, so I split it for two servings. Maybe you can add a half or full scoop of protein to your slim fast shake for a boost, too. It shouldn't change the taste much. I'm finding that crystal light is too sweet for me now so I'm adding a little diet cranberry juice to my water when I want a little flavor. You could try adding any diet or no sugar added juice to you water.

I hope you feel better. Our bodies have been through a lot. Everyone feels differently and heals at a different rate. Trust your doctor, be patient, rest, and hang in there!

My pouch doesnt rumble but my remenant stomach does from time to time. I think its mad cause theres no more food in it. Lol

LoL had a nice laugh! Thanx

Shame good luck i hope it gets better soon. Will be thinking of you