Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 months post op today!

8 months ago today I had my surgery. I wasn't nervous, scared, or had one doubt. I was nauseous as all hell from not eating and drinking magnesium junk. I kissed my baby and my husband drove me to the hospital. We had a great talk and shared laughs. He was hungry but said he would wait until after I was taken back to eat (whata guy!) I checked in and still not a butterfly in my regular size stomach. I put on my royal gown and got iv and met the crew. My husband never left my side until the end. I remember my surgeon telling me I was his second surgery of the day and he was ready. I don't know why, but that brought comfort:) Then I was out. I woke up in pain but it was quickly managed. I couldn't believe after all the time life of being morbidly obese I was now on the other side.

It's been a crazy journey since. I've lost 140 lbs. I went from size 30 to 20 a 3-4x top to XL top. I feel great and love my chance to be healthy.

Thanks for reading I know this long, but I can't believe how fast 8 months has gone.

First pic was my first day home from hospital and second was yesterday on a mountain hike:) life's good on the top!

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.

post-22598-13813811652305_thumb.jpg

all I can say is WOW! what an amazing journey you have been on!! I had the same experience as you... no problems at all and I can tell you that I feel fantastic too!

You look wonderful!! So happy for you and I pray you continue on this journey and reach your goal!

Just watch you...there is NOTHING you can't do!!

Jenn, Wow you looke great! I have watched your progress pretty much from the time I decided to have this surgery and found the site. So that has been about 8 months. :-) Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you Anniesmom! Prayers is always welcomed and greatly appreciated. God has given more strength than I could have ever asked for. I am overwhelmed today with how much I've changed body and life perspective.

That pic yesterday is one to reflect on. At only 11 lbs shy of 400lbs I was so limited in life in every way!

Thank you worm! That for your unconditional support. Xx. I have needed this site and loved sharing my journey with others. It's not easy but so worth it.

It's crazy how I read these stories and literally start crying because I can feel your happiness and feel so much of myself in everyone's story. Way to go on the awesome job u have done. I can only dream of losing 140 pounds but reading this, I now know it is possible. Thank you for the inspiration and you are gorgeous!!

hw--295<br />sw--278<br />dos-- 12/12/12<br />cw-- 225

Thank you Anniesmom! Prayers is always welcomed and greatly appreciated. God has given more strength than I could have ever asked for. I am overwhelmed today with how much I've changed body and life perspective.

That pic yesterday is one to reflect on. At only 11 lbs shy of 400lbs I was so limited in life in every way!

Thank you worm! That for your unconditional support. Xx. I have needed this site and loved sharing my journey with others. It's not easy but so worth it.

I know what you mean. Everytime I think of how close I came to 400lbs it makes me want to cry! I look at things I just could not physically do because of it, how slow and so had NO energy. Couldnt wait to get home everyday and lay down.

Now it makes me want to cry to think how far I have been able to get away from it..93 lbs and counting!! It is so overwhelming some days to me as well.... can't help but shed tears of joy! I never thought I'd have days I couldnt wait to get to the gym and exercies, and try to find ways to burn up the energy I have! Somedays I just dont know what to do with it all!!!

I feel the same way. I feel like I've become super emotional these past 5ish months its seeing the change and how limited I was. I still have "fat brain" I still see that bigger me and still have this Wow moment when I grab a size 20 or XL cloths and have to see if it even fits.

Congrats on your current weight loss! Everyday is great! It's weird to get excited to go to the gym?!! Lol.

I too have followed you since your surgery. I started this whole process in June and surgery in December. Im a little over 3 months post op and I have lost 69 lbs. I'm amazed and in awe.

You have done such an amazing job. you should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the hard work and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Congratulations to you!!!! I'm so happy for you! You are an inspiration! Like laurelee1980 I can only dream of losing that much...then again, dreams CAN come true...you're proof of that!!!

Thank you all for the incredible support. I don't think I've shared that that left side pic with anyone. I was so horrified and that's not even my highest weight. :| I didn't take a pic on day of surgery, but knew I would regret it if I didn't have a before pic. 3 days post is as "before" as I was willing to capture. Lol

Thank you all again!

Jenn.... Wow!!! Loved getting to know you thru the boards. You look so happy and beautiful... In both pics but in your now pic you look radiant!!!! I'm so proud if you. You are a sweet young woman and have so much to be proud of!!!