Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg! I washed my hair for the 1st time with Garnier Fall Fight Shampoo(4 days post-op) and my hair was literally falling in clumps even when blow drying.

If this is now, I would hate to see my Hair loss at 3-6 months post op.

When did everyone begin taking Biotin? I could only start today Multivitamins.< /p>

What Shampoo does everyone else use?

Omg! I washed my hair for the 1st time with Garnier Fall Fight Shampoo(4 days post-op) and my hair was literally falling in clumps even when blow drying.

If this is now' date=' I would hate to see my Hair loss at 3-6 months post op.

When did everyone begin taking Biotin? I could only start today Multivitamins.< /p>

What Shampoo does everyone else use?[/quote']

Omg that is what I use.... I wonder if its the shampoo.. I will have to watch my brush.

Omg that is what I use.... I wonder if its the shampoo.. I will have to watch my brush.

I saw it in my tub, brush and shirt!

Omg I'm 6 weeks out. I haven't started lossing hair and I am going to start taking biotain pills bc my hair is finally growing back thicker before I had the surgery. When someone replies please let me know I am going to ask my doctor about this or any way of helping relief of it ,I use Clear Shampoo

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

I saw it in my tub' date=' brush and shirt![/quote']

I go to doctors on monday and I am going to put that on my list to ask.

4 days post op sounds a little too soon to be losing hair due to deficiency. It is likely it is some response to just having a surgery. I am almost 7 weeks out with no issues-yet...I am not taking Biotin yet but am looking at taking it. I get all my Protein in and then some and also take all my Vitamins. Hoping I don't have major issues..

I use that Shampoo as well. I also do egg and mayo conditioners every week. Yes raw eggs and reg mayo. Rinse with cool Water so you don't have a head a scrambled eggs lol

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 SW:338 CW:297

If this is now' date=' I would hate to see my Hair loss at 3-6 months post op.

When did everyone begin taking Biotin? I could only start today multivitamins.

What Shampoo does everyone else use?[/quote']

Good lord i loose enough hair when my thyroid is off. I may go bald after my rny!! Just joking, but i already ordered some Biotin to start taking asap.

Jessie

I started taking Biotin a couple months before my surgery. I know exactly what you mean about the Fall Fight Shampoo and conditioner, I used it twice and both times I lost more hair than with regular shampoo and conditioner. I was only two months post-op the first time and about 2.5 months post-op the second time. I got rid of it and will never use it again.

ok so I have used the garnier Shampoo and conditioner since I was 3 months out. I am now over a year. It isnt the shampoo... or if it is maybe you are having an allergic reaction to an ingredient in it. I am no expert just giving my personal experience. I did start losing hair at month 3 and it did stop around month 6. Make sure you are getting all your Protein in. I take Biotin as well, figure it cant hurt. If you are 4 days out and losing hair it could be a side effect of surgery... maybe the trauma of it? Good luck.

I have not had surgery yet ..expecting to around may-June...I started taking Biotin about a year ago..I am a hairstylist and I can tell u that Pureology Shampoo is the absolute best!! It's on the pricey side..but because u use very little of it it last a long time! You can only get it from your stylist or if u know someone with a license ..may can order online? But it will change the quality of your hair ..money well spent!

There is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent the Hair loss. 4 days out usually is from anesthesia. Taking Biotin only helps with the regrowth. No matter if you get all your Protein or Vitamins in. I started losing at 3 months as well which seems pretty normal 3-4 months post op

I'm at a little over 3 months and I'm losing a bit more than normal. I'm not worried about it, I guess, because its normal and it will grow back. Then again I have my hair thinned every 4-6 weeks because I have so much of it. I've heard Biotene is a good Shampoo too.

Okay went to doctors today. Ask about Hair loss and basically the only way to try to avoid is to make sure to get my Protein and Vitamins. But basically if you going to lose some there no magic pill to stop it. she assured me I wont go bald. I asked her about the supplement and she said I could take it. but really she didnt think it would make a difference. she said it would just be one more thing too take. And my money too spend. She did say hair loss happens between 3 to 6 months if it happens. she said it is usually minimum.