Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MEN! GRRRRR (Sorry men)

Loved all your stories. Thank you for making my day and bringing a smile to my face. When I got married 13 years ago (not my first' date=' but my last) I worked full time, took 16 hours of college credits at the age of 58. My husband on the other hand was disabled, not that it was visually noticeable as it wasn't. To make a long story short, his first wife had died and all 34 years they were married, he worked, cleaned the house, mowed 10 acres, etc. etc. etc. First wife read, watched TV, did crafts, went with her sister to different craft shows. Oh, did I add she controlled the money. So when he married me, he resented the fact that he still had to do the house work, etc. Finally, one day I looked at him and told him politely, okay then, I'll quit, you work, or it can be like it was for you before, I'll sit on my a, read, watch TV, do crafts, etc. etc., or you can look at this way, if I were the stay at home person wouldn't you expect a clean home, dinner on the table, laundry done and put away, because I use to do that too and work, but so did my previous husband, but his job was more like 80-90 hrs a wk. Well we came to a mutual understanding and never had an argument again. I helped when I could, we spent time together, he took care of me, and I took care of him (which totally surprised him that I would as he didn't have that before). Well he passed away two years ago, and just before his passing, when his family came to visit him one last time, they took me aside and thanked me. Not for taking care of him which they appreciated, but for the fact they had seen a large change in him from the person he had been the previous 34 years. I made his life better, and in doing so, I made there's also. They now had a brother, an uncle which they didn't seem to have previously. He had become more family oriented and enjoyable to be around. His sister to this day still thanks me for making him a better person and she doesn't want to be called a sister-in-law but sister. That is my love story and I hope someday you will find that man who will give you the same love, respect and support that you deserve. Because there is someone for everyone. For me, mine was laid to rest November 18, 2011. Now, for me I have to pick up my own dirty clothes and wash them. Cook my own meals, clean the house, let the dog out, let the dog in, feed the dog, feed the cat and work. Damn do I miss him. :wub: [/quote']

Awww sorry for your lost. You really had a good man.

Put his things in a trash bag &same with dishes ; pots and pans slso give him paper plates it works I done it yrs ago &my husband has learned marriage is a two way street.

Great idea. If they gonna keep leaving dishes in the sink after I wash them & go to the sleep.

I grew up with 4 brothers. When my mom started to feel unappreciated by my dad and us boys she would go on strike. It absolutely sucked. Dad was in charge of everything and he would assign it all out among all off us. We would do whatever it took to get mom off strike and then try to keep her from doing it again.

My husband had a strong mother and three sisters. He was trained correctly. He cleans the whole house!

My husband had a strong mother and three sisters. He was trained correctly. He cleans the whole house!

Alright!

Oh girl how long you been married? Looks like I'm heading in the same direction. I really love my hubby but I want to be single.

We've been married for 1 year, June 29th..since this post he's been trying to come into my good grace but I'm not buying it, I think he's bipolar.

We've been married for 1 year' date=' June 29th..since this post he's been trying to come into my good grace but I'm not buying it, I think he's bipolar.[/quote']

I think mine is as well. She goes off/on like light switch

I grew up with 4 brothers. When my mom started to feel unappreciated by my dad and us boys she would go on strike. It absolutely sucked. Dad was in charge of everything and he would assign it all out among all off us. We would do whatever it took to get mom off strike and then try to keep her from doing it again.

Hahahahahahaha that was genius of your mom to do that!

Nice wish mine did lol he tries...he did the dishes last night before we left for fireworks....I just had to redo all of them lol

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 310lbs

Oh my... I feel better that I am not alone in my battles :) my hubby is sweet man, he cares about the family, but he has big problem with over-using the Facebook and Internet in general. He can read Wikipedia for hours, leaving our 1.5 year old twins watching TV and fight over toys. He is not working, I make money and he is stay home dad... Or maybe stay home lawn mower... I love him dearly, but I am so exhausted leaving to work at 5.30am before kids wake up, coming home at 4.30, cooking for the family, cleaning little bit.. And before I know it it is time for twins to go to bed. After they are in bed, I take shower and go to bed myself, because I wake up at 4.30, etc... And the story repeats every day... And he is homegrown computer programmer so he works on his software hobby all the time... I tried to tell him that it is not normal that sitting at the computer is last thing I see him doing at night and the first thing I see him doing in the morning... Kids are fed and diapers are changed, bit he never plays with them, talks or reads to them... I feel like the computer is his addiction... he says he is tired too and i know that watching kids is tough work, but heeey... i am also just a human being and not sure how long I'll be able to go like that :) ugh... Feels better to just rant about it :)

Sometimes I'm walking down the streets and I feel like yelling at every man I see LMBO. Yeah I'm nuts!

Am I the lucky one? Did I find the only guy on the planet that thinks I am his mother? I am 28 years old' date=' and he is 27. We've been together for a little over 2 years and we have a 11 month old. The plan was never to move in together, or have a child (I was told I couldn't get pregnant, surprise!). We have lived together for about a year. In that time, I went from working FT to PT so I can be there for our son and so we don't have to pay for a babysitter while he works FT. He thinks because he works FT and I don't, he should get out of the luxury of doing anything around the house, unless I ask him-which he usually sighs and goes on like it's in the end of the world. It's like, when do I get a day off though? I work 2 days a week, and the rest of the time I have our son and cleaning up.

What really takes my cake though, is he is such a slob! He cooked bacon last night, covered the stove with grease and left it there for me to clean up. He got new shoes, and left the tags and stuff next to the trash can instead of just putting it in there. He puts his dirty clothes in the floor next to the basket instead of in it. The list could go on and on. He does stuff on purpose to get out of helping me. For instance, he worked 11p-7a and then had the rest of the day off. Instead of taking a nap while my son and I were asleep, he waits till were back from the store, and I am trying to clean to go take one-which means I can't clean, and then have to keep our son quiet (we live in a small 1 bedroom duplex).

Lastly, he is very unloving. I asked him last night to spend some time with me. I was playing a game and he was too at the time. He said he was tired and going to bed. He said he was tried to spend time with me the other day. (I was in bed asleep, he came home and woke me up, I went back to sleep)

I don't know, are all guys like that? Yes he pays the bills, and makes sure that we don't go without, but I could do the same if I wasn't worried about who watches our child, and would still be left with everything to do around the house. I am just so frustrated. There's no talking to him about it, because he thinks he is god's gift to women and he points out everything I don't do......rant over(for now)[/quote']

I feel you, I thought I was reading about my husband....it's most men, I work full-time and my husband does to, I get the feeling sometimes he think he gained an extra mom/maid instead of a wife, I told him Im an equal opportunity wife, that he must share in the responsibilities in this house as long as I bring money into our house, I don't know where these breed of men come from. But we argue all the time about this and I'm frankly tired of the bull sh!t. Our house right now is a mess I don't have company any more because six is everywhere and I refuse to clean up behind him any longer, he leaves food for days in our bedroom, clothes on the floor, I can go on and on. We are down sizing because of this.

I'm a single mom with A 9 year old son, I go on strike too if he gets unappreciative. I work full time to support use, have to take care of the house and yard, have him in soccer and cub scouts, and serve as both his mom and dad. We are BUSY! There's no reason for him To disrespect or be unappreciative. It never lasts long but at various times he's gotten stupid and had to do his own laundry (he usually helps me so he knows how to do it) or his own meals. It's actually pretty funny! I'm also told often that I have the kindest and most thoughtful young man ever so something is working (when he helps with dinner he says its great he's learning how to cook so when he's married and his wife comes home tired from work he can take care if her and their kids).

I do not miss 'raising' an unappreciative jerk husband!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6

I'm a single mom with A 9 year old son' date=' I go on strike too if he gets unappreciative. I work full time to support use, have to take care of the house and yard, have him in soccer and cub scouts, and serve as both his mom and dad. We are BUSY! There's no reason for him To disrespect or be unappreciative. It never lasts long but at various times he's gotten stupid and had to do his own laundry (he usually helps me so he knows how to do it) or his own meals. It's actually pretty funny! I'm also told often that I have the kindest and most thoughtful young man ever so something is working (when he helps with dinner he says its great he's learning how to cook so when he's married and his wife comes home tired from work he can take care if her and their kids).

I do not miss 'raising' an unappreciative jerk husband!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6[/quote']

I , too am raising great, sensitive, self sufficient, loving men...my husband is a gem...he cleans and does his own laundry. Not all men our pigs.

Ok.... I'm about to get some back lash. (already ducking and taking cover)

BUT LADIES... It's not them, its us!

Okay.. let me break it down!

We Super Women set this up and then we get pissed because we haven't train this overly taken care lazy men. LOL

For example... I bet most of you can cook your butts off, try to keep and organize your homes and know exactly what to do to cater to your men. Why, cause we're the cream of the crop ... We're Super Women!

When we first start dating these lazy bastards we're super happy and all in love. "oh ... He he he how cute his clothes are on the floor, let me pick them up" .. or "baby are you hungry, here's your meal".. "are you done, let me get your plate"

Ok.. wait! That's what us ladies are suppose to do right? NOPE!

My momma always says.. "Never make his plate unless you plan to do it for the entire relationship." LOL. She also said... Always divi-up the chores and never do his or else you'll be doing it for the entire relationship.

Yes.. my moms a character BUT she also just celebrated her 30th wedding renewal and might I say those two are still in love and sex.crazy.

We have to change them gradually without letting them know we're doing it. I personally just ain't a gradual kinda person. I started leaving large hand written notes.

"I AM NOT YOUR MAID, NOR YOUR MOM."

"I GUESS YOU WERE NEVER GOOD AT BASKETBALL CAUSE YOUR CLOTHES HAVE CLEARLY MISSED THE BASKET"

"A HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE... DOING ALL THE CHORES DOESN'T MAKE ME HAPPY.. MORE LIKE CRAPPY"

my favorite.... I throw little slight subliminal comments. "I was watching Y&R today and Nick was cleaning his house.. that's so sexy" or this man was on this cooking show cooking a special dinner for his stay at home wife. Awwww it was so sweet.

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 4.5 mons post op. CW: 160.0 lbs. --- Only 10 lbs to my goal ---