Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long after the surgery does it take Weightloss?

I hate to be brutally honest, but pizza, wings, and that are not allowed for a reason. Tthis early out they can kill you . Please stick to your plan. Complications are not pretty. There are some on here that are on feeding tubes from complications. Take the steps your doctor gave you and you will be satisfied. I am 5 months out and cant even eat the foods you are eating. Also if you break the horses back, he will never get up to speed. You wont lose if you keep having sodium and fat as a staple. Concentrate on Water and shakes, if you are still hungry call your surgeon or nutritionist for ideas. Your stomach is like a brabd new baby in every way. You start off feeding it formula. Noone gives a brand new baby pizza and wings. Then you progress. The healthier foids you give yourself the more you will become the woman you want.to be. Be kind to your baby belly. Think about it like that when it cries for food. Give that baby what it needs. Not what everyone else is having.

I thank all of you for your words of encouragement and honest comments,I really needed this I'm so glad that I'm not in this alone.

A big motivator for me are the horror stories of complications people have because they didn't follow doctor's orders. Michele is right the risk is DEATH!!! Death is final and it's definitely not worth pizza. I feel your pain. I LOVE pizza and lived on it before surgery. Now I'm not eating it not only because it's an unhealthy choice but also because my doctor told me how it could tear a hole in my pouch and the consequences are deadly. I don't think surgery was a mistake for you but perhaps you weren't ready mentally. That doesn't mean all hope is lost. Read some self help books about eating, see a counselor, pray about it and come on this site for support. We are all going through it with you and will tell you the truth even when it hurts because we want you to succeed and live a longer happier life. God bless you. I will be praying for you. We can all get through this together.

I will be sure to do that this gas pain is terrible' date='but with pain meds it's getting tolerable.[/quote']

you better fart like there's no tomorrow trust me it feels so good may not smell so good but feels good

Madenkorea I've been passing gas like crazy.

it do help relieve some of the pain lol

Yes it does but other than site pain and a little gas i don't even feel like i had surgery,my cravings haven't changed and neither has the ability to eat food.< /p>

20lbs so far

congratulations and when did you have your surgery?

2/26/13' date='just last Thursday[/quote']

6 days after me cool

Michele you gave some really good advice that I even needed to hear. I am having my surgery in 3 days March 11th and I really needed to hear your statements. I am with you this surgery is giving us a second chance on a healthy life and it is up to each one of us to stay on course. We are giving our stomachs a chance to re-boot so to speak and like a new born baby we need to keep ourselves on Water, Protein Drinks and Soup broth for so long then move onto purreed foods like toddler food and back to solid food in time. I wish everyone great success and we can do this together. Best wishes to all of you. Cheryl