Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I read almost every dsy that someone thinks they are failing. That word is full of such defeat. This surgery allows us the chance to retrain our brains and make new habits, but no matter what you do, you will lose for the first year. I would just like to say that even if your diet isnt perfect, and you dont stick to your amount of Water and Protein you think you have to do, you can still be a success. Those guidelines do not work for all. For example. I have never drank more than 30 oz of water in a day since surgery, let alone 100 oz. I get waterlogged and sick if I push it. I have never eaten over 40 to 50 grams of protein in a day. I usualky get around 30, yet my labs for hydration and protein are perfect. I take Calcium carbonate instead of citrate and calcium is great. I.do exercise, but.did not start until my 4 th month post op due to.disability. I eat fruit everyday. It does not make me dump although a lot of things do. My point is, we are all.different and although guidelines are set, it does not mean we fail if we are not precise within those ideals. I started out at 225 & 5 months later weigh 158. I wear size 6 & smalls. Its great to follow the rules, but if you have to adjust things for you, it doesnt mean you are a failure. Give yourself a pat on the back. Tjis surgery isnt easy!

I'm only 2 weeks out and although I've lost about 20 pounds and feeling better, every night I look at MFP and think, "another day that I didn't hit my goals" and end up disappointed in myself. Thank you for the encouragement.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm only 2 weeks out and although I've lost about 20 pounds and feeling better' date=' every night I look at MFP and think, "another day that I didn't hit my goals" and end up disappointed in myself. Thank you for the encouragement.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

20 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! The important thing is that you try to make your goals for the day, eventually you will get a rhythm all your own. You will know what your body will and wont allow

I read almost every dsy that someone thinks they are failing. That word is full of such defeat. This surgery allows us the chance to retrain our brains and make new habits' date=' but no matter what you do, you will lose for the first year. I would just like to say that even if your diet isnt perfect, and you dont stick to your amount of Water and Protein you think you have to do, you can still be a success. Those guidelines do not work for all. For example. I have never drank more than 30 oz of Water in a day since surgery, let alone 100 oz. I get waterlogged and sick if I push it. I have never eaten over 40 to 50 grams of Protein in a day. I usualky get around 30, yet my labs for hydration and protein are perfect. I take Calcium carbonate instead of citrate and calcium is great. I.do exercise, but.did not start until my 4 th month post op due to.disability. I eat fruit everyday. It does not make me dump although a lot of things do. My point is, we are all.different and although guidelines are set, it does not mean we fail if we are not precise within those ideals. I started out at 225 & 5 months later weigh 158. I wear size 6 & smalls. Its great to follow the rules, but if you have to adjust things for you, it doesnt mean you are a failure. Give yourself a pat on the back. Tjis surgery isnt easy![/quote']

Well put!

MFP is not for bariatric patients per say the calorie intake is way off i dont think anyone in the first yr eats that many calories i am 6 mos out and still dont get 64 oz of Fluid a day probably about 40-50 on average. MFP is a good way for you to track your personal progress but the goals on there are unrealistic for us

MFP is not for bariatric patients per say the calorie intake is way off i dont think anyone in the first yr eats that many calories i am 6 mos out and still dont get 64 oz of Fluid a day probably about 40-50 on average. MFP is a good way for you to track your personal progress but the goals on there are unrealistic for us

I was able to edit my goals and personalize them, so I can keep track of my Protein, carbs, Vitamins, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I would like to also add.. If you have made the decision to have this surgery you are already a success. It is alot of hard work to take control of your life. Use the tool like you are supposed to and kudos for taking any steps in the right direction.

I would like to also add.. If you have made the decision to have this surgery you are already a success. It is alot of hard work to take control of your life. Use the tool like you are supposed to and kudos for taking any steps in the right direction.

I HATE the word fail....refuse to use it to describe anything I or my son have done....we may not have done as well as we wanted, we may not have reached our goals, but to me the word fail means to be defeated and given up....that is not the appropriate term to describe anything in my life!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 235.8

I read almost every dsy that someone thinks they are failing. That word is full of such defeat. This surgery allows us the chance to retrain our brains and make new habits' date=' but no matter what you do, you will lose for the first year. I would just like to say that even if your diet isnt perfect, and you dont stick to your amount of Water and Protein you think you have to do, you can still be a success. Those guidelines do not work for all. For example. I have never drank more than 30 oz of Water in a day since surgery, let alone 100 oz. I get waterlogged and sick if I push it. I have never eaten over 40 to 50 grams of Protein in a day. I usualky get around 30, yet my labs for hydration and protein are perfect. I take Calcium carbonate instead of citrate and calcium is great. I.do exercise, but.did not start until my 4 th month post op due to.disability. I eat fruit everyday. It does not make me dump although a lot of things do. My point is, we are all.different and although guidelines are set, it does not mean we fail if we are not precise within those ideals. I started out at 225 & 5 months later weigh 158. I wear size 6 & smalls. Its great to follow the rules, but if you have to adjust things for you, it doesnt mean you are a failure. Give yourself a pat on the back. Tjis surgery isnt easy![/quote']

Great post. Thank you for the encouragement, I needed to hear it. My doc has me on a very strict plan on hat I have been following to the letter, but I gained 3 lbs overnight from ER fluids.....we all need to remember that we didn't get big overnight and that it takes a while to make new habits......we can do this, and the facts that we took steps to stop the fat cycle, says that we are a success.....however slow it may be.

Thanks again for the encouraging post

Kat

I was able to edit my goals and personalize them' date=' so I can keep track of my Protein, carbs, Vitamins, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

How many carbs aday do you get

I feel like a complete failure I eat, drink Water exercise. But the first 4 months I had complications one hospital visit gained 12 ounds just from Fluid. Now I am 6 months out still getting tube fed and only down 60 pound from surgery weight(309). Don't really know what to do dr. says I need more calories but than I gain weight vwey frustrating

Kelly

What is mfp?

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5, 2013

What is mfp?

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5' date=' 2013[/quote']

My fitness pal