Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out & STARVING

I thought something was wrong with me. I was two days shy of 4 weeks post op before my left side quit hurting. I just woke up that morning and the pain was gone. I was starting to feel like a wimp bc everyone else seems fine after a week but I finally figured out I can't compare myself to others. I was hurting and they weren't but it didn't matter about everyone else. It mattered that I was hurting.

I took pain meds at night only for over 3 weeks and I needed it. Some people don't I'm happy for them but I needed it.

Good luck to you. I hope the pain subsides soon.

I thought something was wrong with me. I was two days shy of 4 weeks post op before my left side quit hurting. I just woke up that morning and the pain was gone. I was starting to feel like a wimp bc everyone else seems fine after a week but I finally figured out I can't compare myself to others. I was hurting and they weren't but it didn't matter about everyone else. It mattered that I was hurting.

I took pain meds at night only for over 3 weeks and I needed it. Some people don't I'm happy for them but I needed it.

Good luck to you. I hope the pain subsides soon.

I'm so glad to talk to someone that had been through this muscle stitch thing and hear how long it took you. I want to get back to work and stop being a whiner..the only thing that helps my pain us Motrin they allowed me to take it for 48 hours only and they are giving me some muscle relaxers. That liquid Lortab aka vicodin doesn't touch the pain.

So here's hoping I'm coming to the end of this it will be one month march 6 I'm suppose to go back to work on the 5 th half days first. Thanks again for the insight...

We had surgery on the same day! I'm exhausted as well. Today was the 1st day I was able to drink a whole Protein drink. I dumped 3 times today and feel like crap.

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

I keep reading these posts and can't help but hear my "Mothers" voice saying..."I knew you should not have done this surgery" UGH

Prayer you all feel better and can get to a healthy eating regimen!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5, 2013

I keep reading these posts and can't help but hear my "Mothers" voice saying..."I knew you should not have done this surgery" UGH

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5' date=' 2013[/quote']

This made me laugh :) typical mom!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

I had surgery 1/25/13. I have had major pain in my left side that doctor says is the muscle he cut and the big stitch that will dissolve in 4-6 weeks.

Up until now I haven't really been "hungry". I drink my Protein or at least try to and my Water but struggle getting it all in. I've been tired and nauseated a lot.

But now I'm just hungry feeling like I just want to chew something but the few things I've tried aren't sitting well all of the sudden. Like I ate Hormel turkey chili the other day and it was fine but today it got stuck. I only ate 1/8 of a cup and I ate super slow like took 30 minutes.

I'm starting to get depressed thinking I will never be able to eat again. I don't want to pig out I just want to be able to enjoy 1/8 cup of something.

I had surgery that date too , yeah I'm in the hospital now , liquid diet again , last week I was allowed to start soft food /puree food and refried Beans got stuck so I been here since Monday evening :( so just take take your time and do not I repeat do not try to eat fast or drink if you feel it stuck .... My diet was as follows and my preop and post op pics are attached 368 lbs pre-op and 330 post-op as of last week YAY we all are losing weight not top fast but on a steady pace , Any lbs lost is victory and just remember we will be able to eat eventually ...my husband eats food on front of me and I cry when he's not around but he does get feel the wrath of starvation of head hunger , we will get through this ma.....

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

post-31158-13813811453869_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811454329_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811454808_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811455288_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811455752_thumb.png

post-31158-1381381145619_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811456667_thumb.png

post-31158-1381381145726_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811457853_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811458261_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811458683_thumb.png

post-31158-1381381145916_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811459604_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811460052_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811460469_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811460937_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811461394_thumb.png

I also am three weeks out. I eat hard boiled egg' date=' tuna (can),cottage cheese, string cheese. Nothing but Protein.[/quote']

At least you get to eat string cheese and eggs , I can't have it yet , everything has to be liquidified in blender to a soft liquid consistentency ..

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

My surgery was on 1/28/13 I have a left side pain sometimes top. I'm completely exhausted! I'm struggling to get in my liquids and Protein. I have no appetite!! I don't get sick' date=' everything seems to agree with me. I believe I'm dehydrated. I wish I felt good.[/quote']

To easy the pain try to walk , I still have it from time to time and tired some days and insomnia others :( but make sure to eat and drink every hour , do not drink.30 mins to an hour prior to feeding time gain and I use baby spoons and Sippy cups of 16 oz and I washed out Gerber Baby food jar of the 2oz and 6 oz to try to be consistent with how much I need to eat exactly...Be careful to make sure your not dehydrated , call your doctor and look through the forum someone described to the tee the systems but look it up and ask questions to your doctor no question is too stupid or dumb , better to be informed then misinformed... I can't get all my fluids in but just drink , sip my nut said try to get all your ProteinX is what I use vitamines and Calcium citrate ,Iron pulls, I use noom walk free app to count my steps , food log and there is a free Water log and reminder to help sip along my day ..... Just stay positive and drink up just the beginning of this journey boo...it will pay off and the pain , bitches internally will dissolve and we will be healthy and fabulous ;) ,hope u feel better ....

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

Do you think that your hunger is true hunger, or head hunger?

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5' date=' 2013[/quote']

Lol that would be my grandmother's voice saying that! Each day is getting better. I was able to start eating soft/puréed food without dumping. And the pain in my left side is gone :-)

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 SW:338 CW:302

I had surgery that date too ' date=' yeah I'm in the hospital now , liquid diet again , last week I was allowed to start soft food /puree food and refried Beans got stuck so I been here since Monday evening :( so just take take your time and do not I repeat do not try to eat fast or drink if you feel it stuck .... My diet was as follows and my preop and post op pics are attached 368 lbs pre-op and 330 post-op as of last week YAY we all are losing weight not top fast but on a steady pace , Any lbs lost is victory and just remember we will be able to eat eventually ...my husband eats food on front of me and I cry when he's not around but he does get feel the wrath of starvation of head hunger , we will get through this ma.....

living4myself_gb1-21-13:[/quote']

I just got released from hospital Tuesday. I had a stricture. I was on soft foods but everything hurt and nothing would stay down. When I got to hospital I was dehydrated and extremely low in potassium. They did a CT scan to be sure I had no blockages or leaks. That was good so the next day my doctor did the EGD with dilation. My stricture had nearly closed up my opening to my small intestine completely. I am home now feeling better but back to Clear Liquids. I can start creamy Soups this weekend and I see my doctor again next week.

I just got released from hospital Tuesday. I had a stricture. I was on soft foods but everything hurt and nothing would stay down. When I got to hospital I was dehydrated and extremely low in potassium. They did a CT scan to be sure I had no blockages or leaks. That was good so the next day my doctor did the EGD with dilation. My stricture had nearly closed up my opening to my small intestine completely. I am home now feeling better but back to Clear Liquids. I can start creamy Soups this weekend and I see my doctor again next week.

Yay I go home too and that's what happened to me but he didn't say strictures but I can't hold anything down and o just got the privilege to get soft pureed liquid food last week but back to full liquids only for another week this sucks I was happy to eat baby food or chilli. :( now I'm stuck on liquids again , its driving me awol but hope u feel better too I been here since Monday ....

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

I had my surgery on 1/24/2013 and I am having some sharp pains in my left side still to :( My mom had rny 5 years ago and now she can eat like a normal person like all the foods she wants but she still has that Portion Control so we will get there!

I'm afraid to come off Protein shakes because I fear I may eat too much or get back to bad habits. I really want salmon tho

I'm afraid to come off Protein shakes because I fear I may eat too much or get back to bad habits. I really want salmon tho

No worries your body will tell you. I had cod in week two was yummy. I wanted shrimp really bad and had that too. Just remember to chew chew chew and take little bites. Salmon is a great choice go for it :-)

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232.....Current 211

I find that I can eat anything as long as it is chewed to purée consistency.