Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks out & STARVING

I had surgery 1/25/13. I have had major pain in my left side that doctor says is the muscle he cut and the big stitch that will dissolve in 4-6 weeks.

Up until now I haven't really been "hungry". I drink my Protein or at least try to and my Water but struggle getting it all in. I've been tired and nauseated a lot.

But now I'm just hungry feeling like I just want to chew something but the few things I've tried aren't sitting well all of the sudden. Like I ate Hormel turkey chili the other day and it was fine but today it got stuck. I only ate 1/8 of a cup and I ate super slow like took 30 minutes.

I'm starting to get depressed thinking I will never be able to eat again. I don't want to pig out I just want to be able to enjoy 1/8 cup of something.

I had my surgery on 1/24/2013 and I am having some sharp pains in my left side still to :( My mom had rny 5 years ago and now she can eat like a normal person like all the foods she wants but she still has that Portion Control so we will get there!

I had my surgery on 1/24/2013 and I am having some sharp pains in my left side still to :( My mom had rny 5 years ago and now she can eat like a normal person like all the foods she wants but she still has that Portion Control so we will get there!

I hope you are right. I am miserable. What are you eating?

Well I was on a pretty strict diet the first 2 weeks and after that I was just told to add foods slowly. So far I love chicken and tolerate really well I just have to be careful and not eat to fast because I get a horrible feeling like chest pressure so not fun! I got some recipes from pinterest to. One of my favorites is a turkey melt you just get deli sliced and put some low fat shredded cheese in the middle pop it in the oven and its pretty good! I also love the turkey chili with different softer Beans like pintos. Turkey Jerky from wal mart is really good to

I can tolerate salads really well to and I can eat more of it at a time just I dip the dressing they just don't have any Protein

I had surgery 1/25/13. I have had major pain in my left side that doctor says is the muscle he cut and the big stitch that will dissolve in 4-6 weeks.

Up until now I haven't really been "hungry". I drink my Protein or at least try to and my Water but struggle getting it all in. I've been tired and nauseated a lot.

But now I'm just hungry feeling like I just want to chew something but the few things I've tried aren't sitting well all of the sudden. Like I ate Hormel turkey chili the other day and it was fine but today it got stuck. I only ate 1/8 of a cup and I ate super slow like took 30 minutes.

I'm starting to get depressed thinking I will never be able to eat again. I don't want to pig out I just want to be able to enjoy 1/8 cup of something.

I had surgery 1/24/13 and I am onto soft food. I also occasionally have nausea and my doctor gave my a prescription for sublingual Zofran and that help alot. Also somedays a food doesn't sit right but the next day it does.

Ideas for food- cottage cheese, Soup with milk used instead of Water, chicken and or turkey in a can with a little miracle whip, yogurt, fish, string cheese, eggs- i scramble and egg with a little mozzarella cheese and it is great. Refried Beans with cheese mixed in, mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower (make like mashed potatoes). I don't know if this helps. I take very small bites like eraser size and chew, chew, chew.....

I will also add- I had stitches in for the first 13 days and I couldn't even sleep in a bed. The pain is much better I am guessing the stitches are bugging you and pulling on the new skin. I would contact your doctor and see if there is anything he can do. Hope you feel better soon..

I had staples on the outside of my stomach in each of my 6 incisions. They were removed at my 2 week post op appt. it's the big stitch on the inside of my left side where most of the work was done that he said is giving me the most trouble.

I just tried a piece of thinly sliced deli turkey with cheese and it got stuck. Oh what a horrible pain in my chest. I think I may be eating too fast but I'm chewing the heck out if it and its such a small amount. I just feel hopeless.

I know how u feel. Since yesterday, I have a knot of pain in my left side. I eat Greek yogurt, Wendy's chili, applesauce and Popsicles. Everything else is a gamble. One day mashed potatoes go down fine but the next day I'll vomit. I'm hungry but at the same time don't have an appetite (that's the best way I can describe it). I'm doing horrible with Protein (only 20g on a good day) sometimes I feel really depressed like about an hour ago me and my husband went for a walk and on the way home I was dry heaving and vomiting. I know it will get better

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

I am almost 6 months out and can enjoy food again, I know how you guys feel though I felt the same way. Eating for the first few months seems like a chore and just isn't what it used to be which is a good thing. It will get better I promise just focus on healing and making good choices. You soon find what ya can and cant tolerate, which is different for everyone.

I'm hungry but at the same time don't have an appetite (that's the best way I can describe it).

That's exactly what I feel. I am hungry but there's nothing I WANT to eat

I wish I had your positive attitude about it getting better.

My surgery was on 1/28/13 I have a left side pain sometimes top. I'm completely exhausted! I'm struggling to get in my liquids and Protein. I have no appetite!! I don't get sick, everything seems to agree with me. I believe I'm dehydrated. I wish I felt good.

My surgery was on 1/28/13 I have a left side pain sometimes top. I'm completely exhausted! I'm struggling to get in my liquids and Protein. I have no appetite!! I don't get sick' date=' everything seems to agree with me. I believe I'm dehydrated. I wish I felt good.[/quote']

Me too! Well except that everything agrees with me. Nothing did today. Ugh :(

I just want to feel better!!!

My surgery was on 1/28/13 I have a left side pain sometimes top. I'm completely exhausted! I'm struggling to get in my liquids and Protein. I have no appetite!! I don't get sick' date=' everything seems to agree with me. I believe I'm dehydrated. I wish I felt good.[/quote']

We had surgery on the same day! I'm exhausted as well. Today was the 1st day I was able to drink a whole Protein Drink. I dumped 3 times today and feel like crap.

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

I had a conversion band to bypass 2/6/13 same deep pain left side do to that stitch from hell....I am three weeks out and the pain from that damn stitch is keeping me from work and walking...did they tell you that you would have that stitch ? Most people on the forum don't seem to be having an issue with this stitch or I have a really low pain tolerance !?! I have to hold myself to walk the pain so bad....I hardly used any of my pain meds in hospital but I want someone to hit me with a two by four.......I'm getting asseritis from sitting and lying so much.....OMG

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232.....Current 211