Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I like it! "It was a great ride' date=' why, are you planning on starting to bike to work too?" or "It was great! You should get out your bike and do some riding when you get home tonight, then you can share with me tomorrow!"[/quote']

Lol ask of they want to start ride share with bikes......I love to go at people like that my sarcasm Carries me along way... .tee he he

Shin splints....really???? I try to be a good girl and end up in agony. Awesomeness!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 220.2

Shin splints....really???? I try to be a good girl and end up in agony. Awesomeness!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 220.2

Oh, you poor thing! Be assured that if you are gentle with yourself they are short-lived. Meanwhile, stretch, rest, and take time off training until the pain goes away, usually in another day or so. This year was the first ever that I did not get shin splints. I was shocked.

CONFESSION IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL?

So it's been what--a week or so since I told you I was eating badly and had gained 2 pounds back? Well, that made me super-aware of what I was doing, right? And every time I found myself staring into the bright lights of the open fridge door, I'd shut it and get a glass of Water first. One glass turned into two, and suddenly I realized I'm not getting enough to drink. So I started making hash marks on my cup at work to make me mindful of what my goal was. And I started packing extra food for work, "just in case." As a result, instead of eating something blatantly not good for me, I had something a lot less damaging.

It's that darn black-or-white thinking I need to shake. "If I can't eat a 100-calorie all-protein snack, I may as well have a chocolate chip cookie?" Really? So now I carry the Nature Valley high Protein granola bars. 200 calories, but far healthier than a cookie. And I thought "either I run or I lay in bed a failure for not running." Instead, I counted raking the garden as exercise and riding my bike to work as exercise, and it got me out of bed and feeling better about myself.

Anyway, small changes, and today I jumped on the scales and I'm down the 2 pounds I gained and then some. I'm so jazzed!!!

I'm off to take another two HUGE buckets of big clothes to Savers and to shop for new slacks for work. Again. Another first: Never thought I'd get sick of shopping for clothes in smaller sizes, but there you have it.

Hugs to all of you who encouraged me with your words, or who held me in your thoughts. I love you all!

Cecilia

If I'm doing the math right, I'm 6 pounds away from being half-way there, and a few pounds away from being "just" overweight. These are my next two goals!!!

What about the rest of you? What are your short-term goals?

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 220.2[/quote']

Ow... Totally blows! Try compression knee socks.. Me... I've got a bone spur and arthritis in one foot and plantar fasciitis in the other.. Happy happy joy .. NOT!

If I'm doing the math right' date=' I'm 6 pounds away from being half-way there, and a few pounds away from being "just" overweight. These are my next two goals!!!

What about the rest of you? What are your short-term goals?[/quote']

That's so wonderful Cecilia .. I'm very happy for you... I'm six lbs away from my half way mark as well. I gained two lbs yesterday and lost them today.. I just want to loose those last six lbs so bad. I have been setting 10 lb goals throughout.. It just seems manageable.

To all my fabulous February surgery buddies... How many calories per day are you eating and how many gms of Protein? Just curious to see if I'm inline... I definitely need to work on my Water. I feel I'm not eating enough calories. I average between 550 and 750 per day and between 60-80 protein. Seeing my doc next week and should move to the life style diet.

I was getting about the same as you 500-700 calories and 85 grams of Protein. Then I stalled. So now I'm trying more protein..90-100 grams and upped calories to 900-1000. I lost 3 lbs last week. I weigh tomorrow so we'll see if I'm on the right track. I started more exercising and stalled immediately. Frustrating!

I uploaded a fairly decent pair of photos that show the 10 week results so far.

Disregard what it says about images not found. I'm pretty sure if you click, they're there.

[Edit: And when I look at these, I can understand, and perhaps forgive people for commenting all the time. It really is amazing. AND crazy to think there were people who told me I didn't need the surgery, that I looked just fine before]

Weird question.....where is the pouch located? Is it the same for everyone? I had 5 incisions and I think it's hinder the top one on my left side?

Weird question.....where is the pouch located? Is it the same for everyone? I had 5 incisions and I think it's hinder the top one on my left side?

Yup yup, it's where your stomach is, slightly left of midline tucked under the edge of your lower ribs.

I uploaded a fairly decent pair of photos that show the 10 week results so far.

[Edit: And when I look at these' date= I can understand, and perhaps forgive people for commenting all the time. It really is amazing. AND crazy to think there were people who told me I didn't need the surgery, that I looked just fine before]

Pardon me but HOLY SHIT!!!! You freaking rock skinny lady!!!!

I really noticed my body change when I took this picture.

Even your fingers are skinny monk!!!!