Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went back to there liquid phase to get out a little bump in the road with there weight loss?? Im 2 years post op and I only need 30 pounds to hit my goal!! But its not coming off!! Any thoughts,or tips would be appreciated :)

I see a lot o people do this on here. They also do the five day pound test. There's a website about it. I know in the past (pre op) is have to shock my system. shake things up a bit. Good luck.

I'm also 2 years and 4 months out and need 70 to reach goal 20 of that is regain...I downloaded this app site so I can read some advise as well but so far it looks like most here are newbies but thats ok since I need to get back to basics and I need to get back to the start...My downfall has been many things combined that added up to the regain..I did very well with my Vitamin and Protein intake before and after surgery after 5/6 weeks I had severe stricture that had to be balloned out twice with a third treatment that I never followed through on because of the pain after the second treatment and I was afraid that they would stretch out my stoma to much...so once this occured I struggled with my protein intake and my vitamin intake....also because I never went back for the 3rd stricture treatment I felt like my food was stuck all the time so I started to drink with all my meals and this is a big giant No No for us but in my head I thought I was correcting a symptom of the stricture when in fact the stuck feeling is a side effect from our whole surgery and is meant to be that way, this went on for the first 9 months after surgery...also I never began a serious excersise program, I am now just beggining one with 45 minute walks 3 times a week if I can do 2 months of this and push up to an hour and 4 days I will join Curves by that time everyone who joined for their New Year resolutions will be tampering off....So then right before my year aniv my father fell ill and I had to leave out of the country to go care for him in Mexico, I was with him for 2 months within that time I lost 20 pounds...Unforunatly my father passed away and I was either in shock and greiving that once I got back to the U.S I lapsed in everything Vitamins, protein, my regular medication any outdoor activity I was so far behind getting my household back in order my bills and my fathers estate my doctors appointments once I was forced to deal with everything I finally got to my year aniv surgery group appoitnment but it was already past a year, I was the only person in my group who was a year and a half out...once I got my labs back I was low on protein and b vitamins...I suspect out of depression and stress I started drinking diet soda and junk food with tons of carbs this has resulted in the 20lb weight loss to the 20lb regain....I was searching for online info on how to rekick start the weight loss and one of the sites I found mentioned the no drinking rule and for me I think this is where my main downfall has been...I'm turning my food into baby food when I drink while I eat this is why I am able to eat so much more than what we are supposed to...online they call this slushy/slurry food....I have cut out the soda except crystal light or vitamin zero and the majority of my carb intake I'm trying to stay under 20grams per day that is either one medium tortilla or one slice of bread...(a good read is the curves book)....I'm desperatly trying to stick to the no drinking 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after but it is hard!!!! I sometimes have to take a few sips of Water but I will have to cut this out as well...I did this for 2 weeks and lost 4lb now I need to just keep the momentum going...I will look up on my laptop where I found the info and post it here it was a very helpful website...I like obesityhelp but sometimes people on there go on the attack so I dont post to much on there but I do have my profile on there with before and after pictures that need to get updated with my 2 year mark photos except I forget my user name, I had to redo my profile after I kept getting harrased from a member...anyway I wish u luck on your back to basic restart :)

Welcome glad you found us. I hope we can be support to you as well as you to us, You have so much experience and we really appreciate you sharing your journey. Getting back to basics is probably the best thing you can do which you are doing, The no drinking with meals, will make a big difference, I am not far enough out from RNY to give much advice. But i did have the lap band prior to surgery for seven years. And although I never lost a lot of weight with the band, many of those band rules I carried with me the whole seven years. NO soda, no drinking with meals. Those are two things that I didn't have to change for RNY because they were already a part of my habit. Wishing you the very best.

Thank you for yout feedback I completly forgot to not drink with my meals!!! Great tip!! Im thankful for your support and if u have any questions let me know :)