Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leaving the forum

Well Id just like to say, That i will not be coming to this Forum anymore. It seems that some BLEEP decided to report me to whoever you report to, for stating my OPINION. Forgive me for thinking that this forum was for support, venting, and stating your OPINION. I forget, everyone else can open their mouth and say whatever and vent. It appears when i do it, that its wrong. So i will be finding a different board to provide support for me. Thank you to all of you who were extremely nice to me and helped me i greatly appreciate it. To those of you who werent so nice....what goes around comes around, have fun waiting for what you dish out to come back and bite you in the ass! :) Bye all.

~Hotpink~

wow-

that's too bad, bubbles...i don't know what was said or what was commented on, but i'm sorry you can't use this site for support on your journey.

i wish you the best of luck and happiness...

courtney

Thank you, It was mysherryjo who reported me, i added my opinion to a thread a bout surgeons in Mexico. And someone had said that it is wiser to choose a surgeon who has done thousands of bands rather then hundreds. I replied saying that, i dont believe thats true, that a doctor in mexico who has done thousands is any better then one in the US, who has done hundreds. I stated that the only reason the surgeons in mexico have done thousands is because the insurance companies in the US, suck major butt, and so most people have to be self pay, and its cheaper in mexico which is why the doctors there have done more. Not because of being able to do it better then anyone else. So therefore because i stated my opinion, and i didnt see that the thread was posted in the CANADIAN forum, which on my screen it said it was posted in the general lap band discussion forum. But because of that i got reported and got a nasty private message from mysherryjo. I just stated my opinion thats all. Watch out what you say, or you may get reported.....just beware all, opinions are obiously, not welcome on this board.

~Hotpink~

Hi Bubbles, Is it necessary to leave? I also don't know what the issue is about, and that is not important, I just know that everybody has squabbles from time to time. It can be worked out. We all need the support that this forum supplies. Think it over. Susannah

Who cares if they reported you? If you are still here, obviously the mods didn't see anything wrong with what you said. Some people (people in general, not necessarily anyone that was mentioned) are just giant babies and can't stand other people voicing an opinion. Personally, I'd say "screw 'em" and stick around just to piss them off.

I wouldnt go, I'd hang around and state my opinion even MORE, lol.

It seems there are many people online - not just here - who really cannot handle being disagreed with.

I do get upset when I think I've upset someone as occasionally I do tend to blurt out a very blunt opinion. My early days online were just fight after fight after fight until I learned how to say things I wanted to say properly (although I still mess up now and then) and I learned when not to say anything and stopped trying to get the last word in, lol.

I'm sorry that not everyone was willing to cut you similar slack. Everyone has a right to their opinion and basically, we're here to express them, so I dont see that its necessary to report somebody unless you're downright rude and abusive to them.

I hope you decide to stick around - you will develop a thicker skin and learn to not be upset by stuff like this.

I hope you'll reconsider leaving. I've also been the object of attack a couple of times -- someone attacked me for eating food (Nutrisystem fettucine alfredo) she thought I shouldn't be eating and on another thread I was attacked for defending someone whom everyone else was attacking. And apparently, I made one woman cry for stating that I think sex is fun and pre-marital sex is acceptable. Go figure. You should take a look at kbattal's posts. Oh my god. That poor man gets attacked no matter what he says. For every combative person in this forum, there are 50 other supportive and helpful people. Don't let the few bad apples ruin it for you. There are also a couple of nuts here, too, and I just do my best to ignore them.

Sweetie, you dont have to LEAVE! Just stick around and it will blow over, these things always do! This is really a great place, but with literally 100s of posters there will always be ones that dont see eye to eye. Hang around, this is a fount of information and support!

Never give someone else that much power over you.

There are a lot of members posting on this board....someone is bound to disagree with you.....stand up to them.

Carol

please reconsider everyone's voice is important and i couldn't see anything wrong with what you said and nor it seems does the mod's hang around

Thank you all SO SO SO much for your posts. Of course i dont want to leave. This board is part of the reason im getting the lap band. Without this board i dont think i would have gotten the information i needed to make my decision to go ahead with it. I thought i would again get "in trouble" for posting this thread. I realize everyone disagrees every now and then and i realize some people dont get along. I just dont appreciate the rude PM i got from the lady who reported me. I also dont appreciate being reported for stating an opinion of all things. Of course i can understand reporting me if i was rude, or threatened someone in any way, but i just simply havent done that. I will probably stick around now that ive had time to cool down from reading the pm she sent me. I thank you all very very much for your replies. Usually im a tough person and do stand up to people. Dont know what came over me today i was just liek fine, if she is going to report me and be that way, then i will just leave. Thanks to you all i realize i have as much right to be here as she does. And i will be here whether she likes it or not. She can deal with it. Thanks again all. *BIG HUGS* to all of you. *SMILES*!!!!!

~Hotpink~

I am always posting things before looking what thread I am in---in fact my "regular" room is a state far, far away from where I live--luckily they let us outsiders hang out!!

People disagree, on here, at home...it happens. But this is a support group for everyone, no reason for you to have to leave.

I agree with Wheetsin---never allow that kind of power to be held by anyone else!!

Kat

****topic hijack***

Wheetsin---the cheese crisps you told me how to make....I'm addicted! Eating them as I chat!!! Thanks!

****back to topic*****

I am always posting things before looking what thread I am in---in fact my "regular" room is a state far, far away from where I live--luckily they let us outsiders hang out!!

People disagree, on here, at home...it happens. But this is a support group for everyone, no reason for you to have to leave.

I agree with Wheetsin---never allow that kind of power to be held by anyone else!!

Kat

****topic hijack***

Wheetsin---the cheese crisps you told me how to make....I'm addicted! Eating them as I chat!!! Thanks!

****back to topic*****

I too made the mistake of posting in a canada thread, I got a PM asking me not to come back. I simply hit new post and then read what seems interesting to me. I won't make that mistake again, even though I think I helped to original poster, someone else ask to me refrain from posting in the canada section. I too hang out in an out of state thread (hi Kat ;) ) and I am comfortable there, I am also in a local thread for my state and area.

BTW I want a copy of that recipie Wheets? Kat? anyone? ~Mandy