Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

Yes i know' date=' just wished i wasnt so much because i get hammered on by people who dont post what they eat but its all good. I am bot going to fool myself to thinking i am doing good on my choices. I have to make myself accountable that is why i am truthful to all of you. Lol oh well[/quote']

Ya know, I was thinking about this the other day. Many of us (including myself) have been torn down most of our lives for what we do and don't eat. Wrong choices, right choices, each one of us has so many different things that our doctors tell us we can or cannot eat that to see us criticizing each other just makes me sad.

The world wants us to fail because we have over and over again. If someone posts that they need help staying on track that is a different situation, but we just shouldn't be mean to one another, no matter what. There are plenty of people in the real world to do that for us. If this process was easy everyone would do it and we should try to remain as judgement free as possible. We are all human so we will make mistakes and that is ok, but we should try and practice kindness as best we can.

Sorry, just my two cents. This board has been great for me because I don't have a husband, boyfriend, significant other doing this with me. I have my Mom who tries, but just how she had a problem with my food choices before, she still does now, so to have a group of people who even as different as our journeys are can at least share them? Priceless.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 297.5 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Hey ladies What is the reason on the no bread/pasta rule? I'm not sure if I can have it or not' date=' I'm just curious.[/quote']

There is a lot of difference on here on what food is permitted by everyone's doctors. A few of us, it seems, have doctors who don't allow bread, rice, Pasta (even whole wheat), popcorn, crackers, etc. My doc says to keep carbs as low as possible so I don't eat any of those things. However, I do think most people can have some carbs. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Love me some lettuce wraps from P F Changs.....

I'm gonna try em without the lettuce Saturday night! LOVE their lettuce wraps but we'll see what the new tummy thinks!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 226.6

Ya know' date=' I was thinking about this the other day. Many of us (including myself) have been torn down most of our lives for what we do and don't eat. Wrong choices, right choices, each one of us has so many different things that our doctors tell us we can or cannot eat that to see us criticizing each other just makes me sad.

The world wants us to fail because we have over and over again. If someone posts that they need help staying on track that is a different situation, but we just shouldn't be mean to one another, no matter what. There are plenty of people in the real world to do that for us. If this process was easy everyone would do it and we should try to remain as judgement free as possible. We are all human so we will make mistakes and that is ok, but we should try and practice kindness as best we can.

Sorry, just my two cents. This board has been great for me because I don't have a husband, boyfriend, significant other doing this with me. I have my Mom who tries, but just how she had a problem with my food choices before, she still does now, so to have a group of people who even as different as our journeys are can at least share them? Priceless.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 297.5 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

Agreed100%!!!! I'm here because I need someone that understands. Even if its just the daily frustration of obesity or the funky post-op hormones, or griping about my bat wings (which aren't so bad yet....but my inner thighs, oh lord have mercy...), y'all get me!!! I have a fabulous support system, my family, friends, and co-workers are all amazingly supportive, heck, even my patients are on board. But in the end, they haven't been here, they don't understand...

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 226.6

Made ground turkey with seasoned diced tomatoes and melted mozzarella cheese. It's like the meat sauce you'd put on spaghetti, without the Pasta. Mmmm. And have it for lunch the rest of the week lol

Re-Birthday: 2/27/13

Took left over pork tenderloin and chopped it up - onions peppers and thru in my fat free oil free scan pan to caramelize - once reheated and yummy added some prepared healthy Rago and voila - re purposed some tenderloin

Teriyaki grilled chicken - 2oz and a couple pieces of steamed broccoli.

Ya know' date=' I was thinking about this the other day. Many of us (including myself) have been torn down most of our lives for what we do and don't eat. Wrong choices, right choices, each one of us has so many different things that our doctors tell us we can or cannot eat that to see us criticizing each other just makes me sad.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 297.5 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

Well said! This forum is for support. If we can't be totally honest here, where can we be? Making the right choices each day is really hard and we all make mistakes. Every one does.

TONIGHT: turkey/lean beef burgers with provolone. Yum!! Of course sans the bun

Agreed100%!!!! I'm here because I need someone that understands. Even if its just the daily frustration of obesity or the funky post-op hormones' date=' or griping about my bat wings (which aren't so bad yet....but my inner thighs, oh lord have mercy...), y'all get me!!! I have a fabulous support system, my family, friends, and co-workers are all amazingly supportive, heck, even my patients are on board. But in the end, they haven't been here, they don't understand...

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 226.6[/quote']

Exactly!!!

Grilled shrimp and Tomato, cucumber, and mozzarella salad

Fixing homemade chili lots of lean ground chuck and kidney Beans onions and tomatoes