Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If One More Person!

how bout this one for a kicker....pre-op my bf told me he didn't want me to have the surgey....post op and a couple weeks later he says I bet ' date='and we literally made a bet, that he would lose more weight than me "naturally"....I looked at him with crazy eyes and thought "so now he's in competition with me...is he getting jealous of me"...like what the crap and he thinks I'm going to leave him once I get "skinny"....he's so stupid!![/quote']

Ridiculous!

I had a client yesterday ask me if I've tried to lose weight on my own. Wtf?! No, never. This is a first run.....

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

OMG - HYSTERICAL...

OMG - HYSTERICAL...

RIDICULOUS!!!

We like needles, saggy skin, and lots of restrictions!! It is soooooo freakin easy..... Yup.

HW 245; CW pre-op: 229; Surg Date: 2/26/13

I just read all through this post. I only told my parents, husband and sisters about the surgery. Now I tell everyone because I am so proud of what I accomplished. But this past week I was in Florida. My sister has last 20 pounds dieting after I had my surgery (everything is a competition to her...). But my "Barbie" cousin was asking me about my surgery and then turned to my sister and said, so are you losing weight...the hard way? My sister said, "Trust me, if you think what she is going through everyday isn't hard, you have no idea". I know my cousin didn't mean to upset me, but I can't seem to get past it! This is so much harder than dieting.... But I am so glad I did this...for me!

HW: 317 SW: 296 CW: 236 GW: 170

Im having my surgery 9/11 I am very nervous

I'm soooo late but I'm just now seeing this... it's ok to be nervous because it's a major surgery but speaking from my experience I don't regret it one bit and would do it all over again!!

Just told my mom and sister. Only my dad and husband and oldest daughter knew up till today.

Why does family have to suck so bad? Mom says well you should have told me (I'm what is it I'm doing right now??) then says you don't need that Wendee (um yes mom I do' date=' my BMI is over 40 and I don't want to develop illnesses due to my weight). Well how much do you weigh? (222 mom, highest ice ever been -I'm 5'2") oh WENDEE (yes majorly disappointment in her tone). Well great you will lose it all super fast then and ill be the fat one. (Really mom?!?!)

Told my sister right after- this is our convo

So self centered I could scream![/quote']

Omg... Sounds similar to my fam. I kept stuff a secret from most my fam for a few weeks and it ended up blowing up in my face. My moms saying I'm gonna die and that I just don't have enough discipline my sister says she doesn't care either way bc it doesn't effect her ( everything has always been about her and she hates me). My husband is super supportive and my dad just stays out of it. I finally have started winning mom over but it's a step at a time with her.

Family or not ppl should mind there own business in the decision we make in life. I see my self in the mirror I know I'm slim but does it change the inside of me nope. I hate when hubby"can't weight to get rid of that extra 140lbs I believe" says I was cuddling with my son on the bed & since we don't have photos like that except when he was new born cuddling or holding my son. I asked my daughter to take a photo. She does but seriously all joke aside. I look so fat in the photo. I saw hubby he says you look very healthy in other words I look sick now.

My mom actually said she thought I was going to look disgusting...really mom!? The things people say...smh but what keeps me from verbally attacking them is knowing their lack of knowledge and some folks really don't think before they speak.

I also think people get jealous. I know some of my family don't want me to be skinny because they aren't. I guess they feel misery loves company.

Wow it really sucks that people say this stuff and don't support us. But it's good to hear that I'm not the only one with negative people around me!! And I work at a hospital and am the Secretary of the surgical unit so it was hard telling all of those nurses!! Especially the Manager of the unit!!! She keeps trying to talk me out of it. But at least she is getting me a private room lol!! My parents aren't on board either so that really bums me out. :(. I love these forums tho!! Makes me feel so much better!! It's good to have support even if its from people I don't even know :). Thanks guys!!!!

Wow it really sucks that people say this stuff and don't support us. But it's good to hear that I'm not the only one with negative people around me!! And I work at a hospital and am the Secretary of the surgical unit so it was hard telling all of those nurses!! Especially the Manager of the unit!!! She keeps trying to talk me out of it. But at least she is getting me a private room lol!! My parents aren't on board either so that really bums me out. :(. I love these forums tho!! Makes me feel so much better!! It's good to have support even if its from people I don't even know :). Thanks guys!!!!

In the end we need to all thicken our skin some bc each of us will face this. But what should be our main focus through all of this is ourselves. I am doing this for me and my family so I can feel better and be a more involved wife and step mom and I have had my mom who is my world get so angry at me for even considering this. In the end they want the best for us and just are nervous for us. Hopefully yours come around like my mom has.

In my case, some of the comments that have been made is because of jealousy. There are women who are jealous because I will be looking good and slim while they starve themselves and live in the gym and still only lose small amounts of weight. They are "haters" and its nothing I can say or do to change their attitudes about WLS so I dont bother.

I openly discuss my journey with whoever wants to talk to me about it. I'm not ashamed at all. I embrace my anticipated new life free from "fatdom".

I ignore all the comments like "I know a guy who got the surgery and he died", "I know a bunch of people who've had the surgery and after a few years they gained the weight back", "why go through all that, just stop eating so much", "you are not that big", "if you really wanted to lose weight, you can do it without surgery".

Haters - all of them.

Dont have time for that!

I was told something horrible when I had my gastric bypass! I am on Medicare and one of my "friends" said "I cannot believe that Medicare is covering an "elective surgery" so basically I am paying for your surgery because you are too lazy to get off your butt and excercise and keep the twinkes out of your mouth!" Needless to say I do NOT need friends like that and I explained to her the process we have to go through to even get approved for the surgery and how hard I tried to loose the weight on my own so many years. It was just a stab in the heart to hear that!!

I had to respond to this for one reason only: People tend to not see the bigger picture as with medicare or any insurance. Insurances companies are waking up to the fact that they are going to pay more in the long run for things dealing with obesity (I hate that word I would rather be one of the four F's fat, fluffy, or full figured) than they are paying for the surgery. Me myself I have went from 3 pills for blood pressure to 2 and working that to 1. 2 pills and 2 insulin shots for diabetes to 0 on both. as of next week will not need anything for insomnia had been breaking my ambien in half to pill cutting it into 3rds. every 3 months I would spend almost 300$ on just scripts now 50$ at the most. And on the part of your friend stating that she is paying for your surgery forgive me if I sound a little angry about this comment because as a working american who has held a job since I was 17 and am now 51 I have paid more in taxes than my surgery cost and then some so please use me if you have to the next time someone says to you that because medicare is paying that their tax dollars is paying for your "elective surgery" tell them that no you are pretty sure your friend sheri's tax dollars are paying to save my life.