Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one have surgery with a starting bmi around 35

I have hbp and I'm a type ii diabetic. I'm considering this but haven,t seen many people start with I bmi under 40

I had a BMI of 30. I had the band with tons of complications, the dr said the main reason he wanted to do this is because my BMI was gradually rising, my sleep apnea was coming back, diabetes runs in my family so that was only a matter of time, the #1 main reason was to stop my acid reflux... It was ruining my esophogus. I say go for it... If anything just to prevent everything from worsening in the future. If your insurance approves it and the dr is all for it, then go for it! I'm 6 days post op and very sore and sluggish... But I know it will be worth it! Good luck on your decision! :)

Hi!

I had my GB 3 1/2 month ago,my bmi was 37.

I had really bad back pain and acid reflux that kept me up all night.

My acid reflux is totally gone,my back is better,most important, I look and feel like myself again!

This is the smartest thing I have ever done,have lost 43 pound.

I had to pay for the operation myself at a private hospital here in Norway.

Go for it,you are worth it and you want to live a healthy life!

Big hug from me!

My surgeon said most insurance will pay for RNY if you have a BMI of 35-40 with 3 or more health issues due to weight. He also said some insurance have started doing it on patients with a BMI of 30-35 IF there diabetic. He said this is very new. I'm unknown on the insurance details.

Jessica. can't wait to start this journey.

I had bmi of 38 with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Insurance approved it. Surgery was on 12-04-12 and I left the hospital without the need for anymore medicines for diabetes and only 7 weeks out, I no longer take any of the other medications, either. I've lost 40 lbs. and feel fantastic.

I had a starting BMI of 34.9 with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Surgery has helped solve for high cholesterol and I anticipate that I will be off of high blood pressure medication soon. I am glad I had surgery.

I had a starting BMI of 34.9 with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Surgery has helped solve for high cholesterol and I anticipate that I will be off of high blood pressure medication soon. I am glad I had surgery.

How are you doing? Haven't seen you post in a long time

My bmi was about 37 the day of surgery. Insurance covered it because I also have sleep apnea.

I would say if you have a chance to just change your diet to control your problems I would not have surgery. My bmi was 44. I do not regret surgery but would have loved it if it hadnt come to that. Surgery is a big step. Be sure you actually need it before you do it.

I had a bmi of 37 at the time if surgery. I have type two diabetes & high blood pressure. I still have to take 1 injection fort diabetes, but no more blood pressure meds before I left the hospital. I'm so happy I made the decision to have surgery. It changes your life for the better!!!

I had a BMI of 39 with type 2 insulin dependent diabetes

How are you doing? Haven't seen you post in a long time

I'm doing okay - very busy lately - am in a stall after losing 40 pounds. Need to lose 30 more to get to goal but my body does not seem to want to give up those pounds. I'm just following the program. Actually I'm feeling great and I hope you are feeling great as well!