Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

dag nabbit...just lost my last post..ggrrrrrr!

one more time

Good Morning Violets~

I don't know what the last one said, but it was lovely, eloquent, funny and charming. Just kidding...but hells bells...where did it go.

I got stuck and slimmed on my Healthy Choice last night. So I stopped, made a cup of tea...waited about 45 and went back to it. It was really soothing and made the stuck feeling go away. So, long story short, it took 1.5 hours to eat that damn dinner. I guess that is restriction huh. Remember the days those were considered Snacks? ??

Haven't weighed for 2 weeks. I am getting a mammo (yeah) today, and will run to surgeons office and weigh in.

Jenn~ If I don't have 7-8 hours of sleep...I feel dead, sick or drunk. I need/love my sleep...and I love a nap or two as well. I don't know how you do it.

Make it a great day everyone!

GOOD MORNING VIOLETS! I'm in a monkey suit today because I have a meeting at Corporate later.... the upside is THE MONKEY SUIT FIT! The Jacket is a size 14 and although it is a little tight through the boobs it does button and fit my arms...........

DF started his new job yesterday and I spent the evening reading his employee handbook........... OMG.. his insurance has a $6000.00 annual deductible for family coverage! (mine is $250 on the expensive coverage and $1500 on the least expensive premium coverage)

Terry: My heart breaks for you. My greatest fear is ds thinking shrek is COOL and FUN and wanting to spend time over night with him......

Michelle: WAY TO GO on making the 60's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen: Good Luck today!

Pam: I could NEVER be a teacher... well unless they brought corporal punishment back! (My old principal had a paddle we all had to sign) uhhhh I mean those kids who went to his office had to sign... :)

I'm wearing my WWJD bracelett today.. and I will be thinking of my sistah violets every time I look at it!

Thanks Terri~

I actually pulled a book called The First Days of School off the shelf to reteach me some strategies. I haven't read that book in 12 years. There is a saying in the teachers lounge, "don't let the bastards get you down!" I apologize for any parents out there, I know that is not very professional...but...it is a different world in the classroom. Most groups are great, then every now and then you get one group that makes you want to drink at 10am...and I am not a drinker.

I AM THE GROWNUP...I AM THE GROWNUP...I AM THE GROWNUP. right?

xoxox

Pam: I could NEVER be a teacher... well unless they brought corporal punishment back! (My old principal had a paddle we all had to sign) uhhhh I mean those kids who went to his office had to sign... :)

ROFL!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh, it feels good to laugh again.

25 mins on the eliptical -- an all-new record for me!

My mantra while on it is: "I am healthier. I am stronger. I am thinner. I feel great! I look great!" About 1/2 way through, sweating & huffing & puffing, I shut my eyes & repeat that over & over & over...

Now to get some work done!

Good morning Violets!

I don't wear my WWJD Bracelet (it's just a hair too small.. I have big bones!!! no.. REALLY!!) So it's hanging in my office next to my computer desk :car:

Since I spend most of my waking life at work, it reminds me not to go to the snack machine :)

I've complained before the band even that our snack machine has horrible choices. Even the 'food' one, only has hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. All fat fat fat.

I'm eating oatmeal for b'fast.. and my coffee. I brought some Sargento's colby jack cheese cubes (which I normally put in my salad) for lunch, 4 ritz, and 5 strawberries (currently frozen). I was adding them to my MyPlate.. and the colby jack cheese, it was saying 110C per CUBE. NO WAY!!!.. I packed about 6 for lunch, and on my salad I normally have 4-5. So I started fretting..and I looked it up by brand. WHEW. For Sargento's brand, 7 cubes are 110 calories. So someone either put in a whole lot of other brands wrong, or there's some colby jack cheese squares out there waiting to make people fat.

Anyone else see Luciano Paverotti(spspspspsp) died today? :car: I have a lot of his CD's and live performances on DVD.. His voice is beautiful.. I'll miss his new releases!

Oh, I did the appendix test on DH last night after reading your post Kat..He groaned and moaned being in the position with feet on the floor, then I told him to pull his feet up to the bed, he did it with lots of moaning and groaning-- but he could do it??? Then I pushed on his belly all over, asking if it hurt 'here' or 'here'.. it was middle to right side that hurt, but not his left.. so then I started thinking uh oh it could be appendicitis. So today I'm making him go to the clinic, he wanted to come into work and do some morning stuff first..

Wonder how much it's going to cost for surgery if he has to have it??? Do you remember Kat? We have insurance, but there's still co-pays and what not. I might have to cancel my poker tournament this weekend if we find out he needs something done.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day. I've been up since the crack of 7 :) so I'm wide awake and ready for the day!

mdrai- (It's michelle isn't it??) WOW ON THE ELLEPTICAL!!!! I do walk-away the pounds 1 mile (I need to start doing 2 mile regularly, I hate being so lazy!!).. and I try the elliptical once in a blue moon, I swear that thing HATES me. I still can't even go 3 minutes. 25 minutes, that's like.. a miracle to me!!! LOL

Hey...aren't those cheese cubes 1 oz? 1 oz of cheese is like 90ish cal...so how does 7 = 110??? I hope they make that here in Cali. Or maybe these are not 1oz cubes?? I am confused.

1 ounce = 28.3495231 grams :)

Found this using google, so 7 cubes is roughly 1 ounce :)

Thanks for the kind words, Laura! Yeah, I hate all work-out machines -- treadmill & especially stair stepper -- ack! But my friend got a gym-quality elliptical machine and I tried it and I love it for some reason, I don't know why! I started @ 20 mins and am gradually adding time & distance, today's was 25 mins & 2.5 miles! I guess the lesson here is to just keep trying different things & maybe you'll find something you like that you never thought you would!

Cheese... mmmmm... there's a tasty topic! That's what I loved most about low-carb! But now that I'm trying to be basically low-carb AND low-fat, I eat only the skim or 2% cheeses. And not on crackers. Either alone or on salads.

I'm like the food nazi, aren't I. Sorry!

A 'cube' of cheese usually means 1" x 1" .....I'm a FitDay Queen, y'know. Ask me any food, and I can give you a rough calorie count. I've counted them all a million times.

Laura - I can very easily make your Bracelet bigger if you want. Just send it to me! No problem whatsoever.

Michelle - Way to go on the elliptical, girlfriend! I like to close my eyes and just concentrate either on the music coming out of my Ipod or concentrate on breathing evenly and deeply...then feeling the oxygen feed my muscles which in turn makes them work more efficiently...it's an old yoga trick! But concentrating on anything other than how tired you are will help immensely.

Terri- On myplate, it was saying 'generic' colby jack cubes 1"x1" were 90 70-120 calories for ONE. The ones I have, they're about .5"x.5", but it says 7 is 1 ounce..

When I did Atkins, I ate a pound of bacon at once, cheese covered EVERYTHING.. I ate fat worse than any other time in my life... and still rapidly lost weight, sounds easy right? My best friend who did Atkins with me, found that doing no-carb didn't work for her, she had to do no-carb AND low-fat.. (Without a band mind you).. I hated eating at her house for dinner, or cooking for her when she came over.. Grilled chicken with ff sour cream. Booooo.

And like I said, I count calories.. not carbs.. and I do try to go for low-fat in cooking stuff. But lf and ff cheese cheese (like cheddar, colby, swiss) tastes weird to me.. I'd rather get my 110 calories of cheese that I enjoy! I use skim milk for everything now, lf or ff sour cream, etc.. I don't notice any taste difference in those.

Yeah!!! Gotta get some cheese now. I love cheese.

Terri~ is it easy to make the bracelets larger? Mine fits, it is just very snug on...very snug. I am afraid if I move wrong, it will pop! If so, could you PM me your address again? I didn't save it after I sent you the thank you card.

Ok...eliptical. I want to do that, but I jumped on once...for like 25 sec. and my right knee was screaming. Problem is...I don't have knee problems. I ride the bike w/ no prob...but that eliptical is a bitch! Good on you Michelle!

Have a great day...gonna go drink my shake and pretend it is some cheese!