Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hah!

So crazies, why is it when its that OOMTOM do I feel the need to binge eat?!?!?!?!?!?

All day I've had to hide my money jar so I didn't run to the snack machine. And since it's OOMTOM... it's 3/4 weeks a month. ARGH!

Tracy- Congrats!!!!! Those are the same pants we saw the muffin with right? YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

I forgot my Water bottle today at work- BOO.. Means I have to pay a dollar to get a Water out of the coke machine. I'm wearing one of the new shirts I bought last week, and it's already too big. It's a tunic, so it's not too big of a deal, but its real baggy on the boobs, and I like to show off the boobs! DH woke up groaning and moaning saying his stomach has hurt for weeks, and its getting worse. He pointed to the center of his stomach, so that's not pancreas.. I'm not even sure what guys have there, it's where our uterus is. So I told him to tough it up, we gotta go to work lol. I guess if he keels over in pain I'll send him to the clinic..

My girlfriend had similiar pain -- it was the appendix -- get him to the doctor or hospital - and let them rule that out --- if it burst it will be a really long ordeal getting completely well.

Good luck!

Hi everyone-

Would love to say my mood has totally turned around, but I hate to lie to friends! I am better, just kinda enjoying my grouch I think!!! I have done the old turn it on, and turn it off thing today, so I guess it isn't too bad. Went to Red Lobster for lunch with my folks, and Kinsey, and oh yeah that one guy, the one who kept me awake all night with the friggin TV!!!! Then went to the farm, and picked all afternoon....now have an evening of shelling peas ahead of me, then I am freezing them, so it isn't too bad. Have lots of new potatoes, so going to make some creamed peas and new potatoes tomorrow. Tonight, I am doing easy burritos, nothing much to do, once it is in the pot!

Terry---now this may be TMI---but here goes. Back when Ricks heart valve failed, he was having issues with his hands, and feet, and other extremeties (!) not getting proper blood flow...because the heart was not pumping enough oxygenated blood to support his body. Nothing ever quit working, it just did not work at optimum levels!!! Well the heart got fixed, and he is like a 13 year old boy---he thinks he has a new toy!!! The sex is always good, there has never been an issue with that, if the sex had been bad along with the TV---I would not have been grumpy, I'd have been downright bitchy!!!!! LMAO!!! Between his new and improved heart, and my weight loss---we feel like newlyweds again! I was banded in April, they discovered his failed valve less than 3 weeks later. So we "healed" together!!

Tracy, the jeans are an awesome accomplishment my friend!!! Remember back just a few short months ago, when I sent you the clothes you though you would never be able to get into? They have all been passed on, all too big! You have done so well!!! You know I don't wanna do this...but I just gotta!!!! TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

Gina might have a point if the stomach ache does not go away, or if he gets nauseated, or feverish. Have him lie on the bed, and put his feet on the floor, if he can put them back up on the bed without assistance, it is likely not acute apendicitis---if he can't---have him checked!

Back about 6 years ago, on the 3rd of July, Rick got sick, his belly hurt, he tried everything, refused to go to the hospital...until about 1 AM. When we got there, they did all the testing they could, they were running a skeleton crew for the 4th (idiots). They thought it was appendix, but he hurt all across his belly, so they were worried he had a twisted intestine. They finally determined it was appendix between the feet on the floor, and a CT scan. They ask if he wanted it done laproscopically, he said whatever was fastest just get it done! When they got in there his appendix was HUGE. A normal appendix is smaller than your pinkie, and inflamed on about the size of your thumb....Ricks was 9 1/2 inches long!!! They looked it up to see if it was a record, the record was 13 inches. It was a record for our Dr., and this hospital though! He had this hilarious and sexy as hell nurse, named Patrick, and he was so much fun, he made a sign for Rick's hospital room door that said Man with the HUGE appendage...then scratched out appendage and wrote appendix in little letters!!! Rick hated him, because he was always making us laugh---and post op laughing is not fun!!!

They said with the size of it, the amount of poison it held could have killed him almost instantly if it had burst! So I am a firm believer in getting it checked out! Better safe than sorry!!!

Laura, I am sorry you are still having OOMTOM's---that really sucks!!! Good luck finding someone to talk to. DD is not thrilled with their family therapist. She is unhappy.....hope they get it figured out, same as you!

Rick called, and wants me to make reservations to go to Vegas the end of the month for bike fest. We thought he would be working so didn't think we could go, but his coworker needed to trade out a different weekend....so maybe we will!!! WoooHooo!!!

Well I need to go stir my thawing green chile, I tell ya I am working hard on this dinner thing!!!!

TTYL

Kat

Laura - Yep...I agree about the appendix. That was the first thing I thought of when I read that it kept getting worse. Nothing to play around with that's for sure.

I am still in the dumps. I don't want to get into the details but I think this is why I'm so depressed: The ex is going to AA, swears to get clean and the kids are going to stay with him. My lawyer said I could have won custody with no problems if DS would testify. Anyway, I coulda had my kids back....but once again they've chosen to stay with him. He makes them feel so damn guilty and I don't so they figure I'm "ok" with things like they are. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm in pain 24/7, I just don't make them responsible for it! I take my lumps because divorce is what I chose, not them, so I allowed them to go back to their old schools when they asked to. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but I never let them see how hurt I was. I see them all the time but there's nothing like waking up in the middle of the night and knowing they're in the house safe and sound, sleeping like babies, and that they'll be there in the morning when I wake up. DH was also not exactly offering the support I expected which is massively disappointing. I think our problems are bigger than I realized. My kids and friends go on an on about how great I'm looking. He says nothing. You guys and all my RL friends are freaking out with glee that I have quiet smoking. He said "Oh" and hasn't said another word since. He doesn't like confrontation, so this is how I live when there is something wrong: Silence. I'm about to give up on the whole damn thing. He doesn't try to fix anything. He just waits for me to get tired of the silence then he acts like there's nothing wrong. Nothing ever gets discussed unless it's a fight. This is no way to live.:)

I'm gonna go off and see how many thousands of calories I ate today. :pout:

Terry = I'm so sorry, wish I could give you a great big hug. You are strong - one thing at a time. that is the only way I make it through the day

Laura - he is on long term disability and has his military retirement. He retired 3 months ago from the accident he had 22 years in so full retirement.

Well you are all amazing, i'm off to bed so I can get up and get a job tomorrow!!!!!

Jenn -- WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET SOME PICS???? You don't want to make me mad(der)!!!

Hey Violet Sistas~

I have been so busy, and just now got on since 5am. I do this all the time, I read through and forget what and who I wanted to do personals...

Tracy~ You ready? Sitting down?? Hold on!!

:):Banane20::):Banane20::car::Banane20::car::Banane20::car::Banane20::tea::Banane20::tea::Banane20::tea::Banane20::tea::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20:

I am sooo proud of you. You looked great in the pix...and the best part of it was your smile. You did it!!!

Terri~ Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your words were heartfelt. That kind of honesty keeps the Violets strong. We are here for you. xoxo

Kat~ How many calories do we all burn when we are "gettin some?" LOL, at least your seeing some action.

Where is Judy and Sara? I thought Judy would be back by now?

Haydee~ The first 2 days of school have been BRUTAL. I have a nasty little group for 5th and 6th period...Yes, I teach middle. These little "angels" made me spend my evening contemplating a career change soon. I have to remember I AM THE GROWNUP!!

Everyone one else~ peaceout

xoxox

Well crew I am headed to bed, where it hopefully will remain dark and quiet! Terry---I can only imagine the pain you have buried. I also believe your DH's reaction to be quite normal, although understandably unacceptable among men---especially in our age group. I don't know why---but most of my friends, we all have similar situations. My DH is willing to talk to me about most anything, he includes me in all plans, and would be over the moon if I had quit smoking---he rides our son all the time!!! BUT let us have an arguement, notice I do not say fight, because he clams up, and prefers to pretend all is well---or wait out my mood. Makes me nuts. For awhile I attributed it to his being cautious around me, and considerate....through the years, I have realized it is his way of dealing with it...by NOT dealing with it.

My best friend Becky who I have mentioned many times, is about 4 weeks into quitting. She has smoked for years, quit with me when I quit, and she only made it 2 days!!! Now her moron DH even tells her if she gets grumpy that he'll go buy her cigarettes...NO support. Rick believes it is because he thinks now that she gave up her cigarettes, she is going to rag on him about his beer!!!! He may be right!!!

Ok I am exhausted...I picked lots today, I have lots to put away. I shelled about a bushel of peas today---enough my wrists ache, I am off to bed. Giant hugs to you Terry.

Pamela--my cousin who I am very close with, teaches here at a middle school level, and coaches volleyball after school---she called me today and ask me if she dug the hole and if she jumped in of her own accord would I please come cover her over!!! Her year is off to a rocky start as well. Difficult age span I think.

OK girls---talk to ya in the morning!

Kat

Terri-I am so sorry for what you are going through. Maybe, just maybe your DH is threatened by all the positive changes you are making in your life? Could be making him insecure? (I watch too much Dr Phil I guess). It makes sense though....

Keep doing what you are doing and everything will be great girlfriend!!

Good morning Violets-I have to bring DD to he eye dr today. Her pediatrician recommended it because her left eye may be drifting inward. Anyway, wish us luck. I think I would croak if they said they need to do surgery. If so, they better have something there to knock her momma out too!!

Everyone have a super duper day....

(most) MEN SUCK!!!!!!!

Morning Violets. I feel like I never sleep anymore and am always running. I am up and showered and working on getting ready for my interview. Keep them all crossed. For an office job it would be perfect and pays $15/hr - huge improvement.

Of course - no outift is comeplete without my WWJD Bracelet. Terry - I am going to get my camera back today I'll get some pics tonight, in my interview outfit. my levi's (which i don't have a before but I can tell you that they fit just like Tracy's last month jean photo.

blah blah blah, i'll be here for another hour or so - then off on my adventure

Tracy - Good morning. Yes, I'm here after 4 1/2 hrs sleep i'm here. LOL

I use to be able to function on so little sleep, but I also didn't have a job that was actual hard work. I get a workout every day there!

I'm so glad I'm off tonight.

Good luck at the eye dr. you will be in my thoughts.

Good Thursday morning, Vi's!~~

The scale was kind this morning & I'm now in the '60s! 269.7 -- I'm taking it! :) So that's what, -47.3! Slow & steady... small good food choices + exercise = success! :)

Eliptical time!

Make it a great day, everyone!

GOOD LUCK, JEN!!

Hang in there Terry!!

Best wishes for the dr, Tracy!

Hi Kat & Pam & Laura & everyone!

BBL.

Thanks, girlz. Ya'll are the BEST!! It helps me so much to come here.

Pamela. Dear. I sympathize with you and honestly don't know how in the world you do it. My daughter is 13 and when her and her girlfriends get together I can hardly stand to be in the same ROOM with them!! They are so silly and MAN can they TALK!! And 1/2 of it is complete bullsh*t! I just roll my eyes and try to keep my mouth shut. Oh, but my EARS!!! Last weekend I wished I could wear earplugs. LOL Did I mention that she is hyper??? And her friends are all hyper too??? OY VEY!!!! I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams trying to control a whole class of these .....people(?)!!!

Kat - I did LOL when you talked about your cousin wanting you to pour dirt on her. That's pretty funny....for us, not for her! Teachers would still be way underpaid if they made twice what they do. It's ridiculous.