Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jane - I am so sorry, I did not win. Not that I am ungreatful, but I was a freaking mess last month and just went through piles and piles of mail over the last 2 days and just found them. I am trying hard...

so on another note, I'm only getting $3k back on my taxes if I'm lucky, doesn't matter I made no money and had over $15k in deductions, i should have had gotten a ton back. Last year it was 8k until I added my 401k and my income was only $10k more with unemployment and no bonus money. WTF. I need to get some serious cash so I can get out of this shitty place I'm in. Waiting for firm numbers from unemployment but I'm in super trouble. Why can't it be better??? My bubble can't burst this early in the year!

"I wish I'd known fom the beginning that I was born a strong woman. What a difference it would have made! I wish I'd known that I was born a courageous woman; I've spent so much of my life cowering. How many conversations would I not only have started but finished if I had known I possessed a warrior's heart? I wish I'd known that I'd been born to take on the world; I wouldn't have run from it for so long, but run to it with open arms." (Sarah Ban Breathnach, Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self, 1998)

Hey Violets~ Well, I am responsible for the tip of the day. I didn't post a tip per se, but a quote that when I read it for the first time I cried like a baby. How many of us has hidden from all that we can be, been afraid to be our best self. A warriors heart! Wow. I learned during the 8 years I took care of my mom and grandfather that I was strong, although at the time I felt worthless. Learning comes later, after the experience. I took care of two sick people and forgot myself. Now, I will call upon that warriors heart to take care of myself...to be the best I can be. To "run to it with open arms" and embrace a healthy me!

Just something to think about today...that's my tip!

xoxooxoxox

I watched that Homer thing last night, the lap-band part is like the last 10 minutes. I got a kick out of "Plastic Surgery: Fixing God's Mistakes". heh.

I am getting MORE sick.. can you believe it? Now I have constant coughing fits, and it's producing nothing, so it's just annoying. And my ears hurt.

My plans for the weekend.. we're going to Tenn. tomorrow to get my rings re-sized. Woot. I am going to ask them to make it just a little tight so in the event I lose more ring size, it'll still fit for a while. And since they're welding them together, I'm going to be a happy camper!

TGIF!!!!!

Didn't want to lose that post.

Susanne is here and her mom won't be coming this weekend. She was gonna bring her dear friend from Germany, but the friend was in hospital and is home now, but not up for the trip. So, we have a quiet weekend planned. The International Film Festival is in town, so we might go see if we can see stars. Last year, we missed Brad Pitt and Susanne was mad! This year, it is Sean Penn and John Travolta (I think John is coming but Sean for sure) and Halley berry. We might do the red carpet thing (what I mean is us in the crowd..watching them walk on the red carpet).

At 9 this am, we have Closet World coming!!! Now the garage is finished, he will come give an estimate on installing storage, a work area and a laundry area! We are excited about that. Then I think we are getting the Highlander's oil change, then drive out to March Air Force base (about 50 miles away) to get Susanne a new ID card.

That is us. Trying to enjoy the last few days of vacation, although I worked for Walden this entire week. What a load of work, but I gotta say, I Love It!!! What an amazing program and I am proud to be a part of it!

Have a great Friday!

xoxoxo

OH yeah, sorry if you couldn't see the Simpsons. I just copied the link from another thread. Don't remember the thread, maybe Laura does.

Anyway...

It didn't work on my work computer.

At home, it only loaded the first 2 minutes. I had to refresh to get it going.. and let it completely load before pressing play. The site wasn't very stable :)

Laura

go get antibiotics!!! I can't keep anything in me but my ear feels better, still hurts but better than yesterday and my head that I didn't think was full let go after 3 doses of meds and was actully burning, so I'm thinking sinus infection too?

Pam - I loved the simpsons lap band episode. I am a fan anyway... Funny thing... that was a really old episode too and funny how they called it "staple" and "bypass surgery" I didn't have any issues watching it.

Well, off to try to eat some pudding... was 217 last friday, back down to 208.5 today - maybe I'm going in the right direction and with having antibiotic bathroom issues, maybe i'll hit onderland soon. On the meds for 10 days ya know. LOL

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been going through some things. My Grandfather passed away before Thanksgiving, and then all the Holiday stuff, been busy.

I have been having some serious weight loss issues. I can't sem to break the 223 mark. I have been fluctuating between 223 and 226. I am in need of a fill. My last one was two and half months ago, and the past month I haven't felt much restriction. Could this be the culprit? I am so damn impatient lately with my weight loss. I know I should be proud of all that I have accomplished so far. I mean 67 ponds is no small feat. I think we have all have felt this one time or another.

Would someone please try to help me with this slump I am in, before I do some serious damage.

Thank you all.

Hi Smyly!

Yes, go get a fill!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not walk....... run to your doc to get a fill :)

In other news I got an email from my EXhusband today.... this is a long long hurtful story... he was my Highschool sweatheart and he left me via a note on New years eve 2001... it really shook my world as we were together for 17 years....and I was always infertile and he got a young girl at work pregnant.. the cheating knocked the wind out of me and the pregancy almost did me in.

Anyway... he see's my step dad at work, and I still have a relationship with our neice (his blood) so he keeps up with my life..., as sick as it may be the following email gives me satisfaction and closure.

Tracy

I hope Charles knows how much of a amazing woman he has in his life .you have always been a stand out kind of person .That people look up to you have added so much to my life. I truly believe I would not be hafe the person I am with out knowing you .May your highway be smooth with many curves. happy new year.

xxxxx xxxxxxx

Project Manager P.S yes my sentace struture and spelling steal

sucks

Thank you so much Tracy...

I have a fill appointment next week on Thursday. How often have you gotten your fills? Tis is the longest I have gone. I just want to be in onderland by March...possible or impossible? I am leaning toward possible with hard work and determination!!

Have a great day Violets.

Wow his spelling does suck!

I think we all have one of those kinda guys.. me and my co-worker were talking about this last year.

We're both happily married, but we both have a first love, that still contacts us about once a year via e-mail or calls us.. And they still give us butterflies. Even though we'd never ever be with them again, and we're happy.. something about that first.. and the fact they always make a point to contact you once a year to remind you. Men.

Well.. I'm not the best fill person since I just YESTERDAY admited to myself that I was tooo tight and had my last fill amount removed.... I had 4.3cc's in my 4cc band, so NOW I'm back at 4cc's and had no problem with oatmeal.. but I'm still taking it easy and tomorrow will be a true test of solids since we are going the DH's christmas in january work party (dinner theater)

Laura: GOD YOU ARE SO HONESTLY FUNNY...... I laughed out loud.. yes his spelling does suck! It is true... damn men!

I am still not feeling up to par....... today I am hot and sweaty, even my underwear are sticking to me.

Tracy

how nice... I'm glad you are so happily married now, but that must make you feel so incredible.

I am off to work in a few, my stomach is a mess, had some pudding for lunch and it does not feel like it is going to be with me long. I hate antibiotics but maybe I'll catch up with you all

SMYLY - we all seem to be stuck... don't quit, just pop in more often, you will realize you are not alone

Hey Gals~~

Just a quick pop in, as I've been gone all day so far (fill & shopping) and my in-laws will be here in about 2 hrs or less & I've got to clean/vac, etc!! Ack!!

BUT... want to tell you my fill story... I asked her (PA) how much I had in there already & she checks the chart & says "6.4 ccs in a 10cc band." so she said she'd put in .4. OK. So then I'm on the table, doing the "press up w/your stomach muscles thing" (hate that!) and she pulls out the Fluid that's in there & it's over 8ccs! WTF? So she decides to put in just .2, and says that if I think I need more fill next month, she'll order it under flouroscope so she can check it out. So now I'm all freaked out that I'm getting too full!! I guess I'll see... my biggest fear w/this whole thing is slippage or erosion from being too tight... so I hope this takes me to my sweet spot!

I've got to go clean... I'll check back later!!

Love the inspirational quotes & h20 reminders -- thanks, Vi's!!

OMG....I am so NOT supposed to be on here at work....oh well.

Hi everyone...I just had to tell you all that i realized at lunch today that I could eat a cow if I wanted to! It was all veggies but still....I ate way more than I should be physically able to. So, I got on the phone and have an appt for a fill on Wednesday. :)

Gotta run before I get busted..(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))