Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Here's a lovely suggestion for those of you in the Breakfast rut

Blueberries

Peaches (de stoned & cut into wedges)

Put them in an ovenproof dish & cover with natural yoghurt

Top with demera sugar

Bake for 10 mins...or whatever it takes in your oven.

TERRI...every time I post I forget to aknowledge you have entered onderland!!! That's SO FABULOUS!!!!

Are you the first violet in onderland?

Tracyinks...you are very kind to take that new woman under your wing...When you sprinkle kindness, it grows.

Any one fancy an affair? Seeing that I'm being suspected of it anyway!! LOL

GOOD MORNING VIOLETS.. and a :) to Lunasa .. sweetcheeks :D LOL! I laughed out loud with what your dh said...

I am feeling downright good today.. We are heading out of town later today and so I took the opportunity to wear those NSV jeans, a cute white shirt that I now have to TUCK in or it just looks too sloppy, and I splurged on a pair of new white shoes yesterday...

I dropped my son off at my moms this morning and she said she could really tell that I've lost, and my work buddy that knows I had it done said she could really tell in my neck and chest area... YEAH

But.......... drum roll........... I had my first PB/Sliming episode this am in the truck....... I had went through the drive through of MCDonalds to get my son some breakfast to eat at grandmas and I thought.. I'd get an egg/sausage biscuit and not eat the biscuit....

The egg......... I obviously didn't chew it well enough but I was on my last bite before I realized it was a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE mistake...... I experienced the GOLFBALL in the throat feeling and the sharp pain.......... the entire way back to work I Slimed and PB'd till it was all up and out......I threw the uneaten portion in the trash as soon as I got to work........ YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duhhhhhhh.. I guess I REALLY DO HAVE A BAND IN THERE!

Pamela: I thought of you when I was in the drivethru thinking.... WHAT AM I DOING HERE! Pamela would be kicking my butt! :D

Tekymom: IT IS A SMALL WORLD! Where are you now?

Brenners: I've been thinking about your flipped port, and Judy about your PERFECT bandster behaviour....... LOL and all the rest of us that are getting through this first month of Bandster Hell! LOL

So...... I DO take my violets with me too!

I am out of here at 2pm today and won't be online til at least SUNDAY......

Lunasa,

This is so funny ---- "LOL...here's a good one.

Last night we're going to bed & DH says "I think you're having an affair!" LOLOLOLOL....of course he knows I'm NOT but he has observed the new DEDICATION in my life!!! My Violet affair!!

That is why I try and post at work so I dont have to hear my poor lonely DH! But I am getting behind so today I am really going to get some work done!

This sounds like one of the best meals I have heard of in awhile -

Fish stuffed with spinach & feta did you make it? Gosh can I have just one bite!! Good job on your weight loss!

Sara Mos,

Great job on the weight loss..... i am still trying but the scale is just not budging! Not sure what I can do besides throw in the trash or walk out and just hand it to the trash man so I can't dig it back out! Also that was very good how you explained the reflux disease proplem for Michelle. You sounded so technical! Go girl!

TracyinKS,

Good job on the NSV!!! Yippee. Even though I keep whining and complaining about not losing I guess I too have a NSV to share. I am wearing a pair of capris today that fit and did not fit just six weeks ago. I could not even lay on the bed and get these suckers to button! So today I am wearing them. I think they would fit a heck of a lot better -10lbs but they are on and I did not lay on the bed to button them! Have a great time on your trip, where are you going? We will be thinking of you.

This sounds like one of the best meals I have heard of in awhile -

Fish stuffed with spinach & feta did you make it?

I thought for a second about lying & saying yes I did make it, but although I'm good, I'm no barefoot contessa!! LOL

No I got it at the fish counter in wholefoods, it's talapia.

And you only have to bake it for 10mins!!

BTW...is wholefoods the most expensive grocery shop on the planet?

I'll let you know if it tastes as good as it sounds if I ever get to have it!!

With Mother's Day around the corner I had to post this! Ok, I know we've all seen this before well most of us anyway, but it still makes me teary everytime I read it so I thought you would enjoy it again too. Happy Mother's Day to you all! Angie

This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up puke laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay, honey. Mommy's here".

Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who can't be comforted.

This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.

For all the mothers who run carpools and make Cookies. And all the mothers who DON'T.

This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors.

And for all the mothers who froze their Buns on metal bleachers at football , hockey or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see me, Mom?" they could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.

This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten instead, but realize how child abuse happens.

This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies.

And for all the (grand) mothers who wanted to, but just couldn't find the words.

This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat.

For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then read it again.

"Just one more time."

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school.

And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.

This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.

This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home -- or even away at college.

This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.

This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them.

For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.

For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting.

For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful, and now pray they come home safely from a war.

What makes a good Mother anyway? Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?

Or is it in her heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?

The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 am to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?

Or the panic, years later, that comes again at

2 am when you just want to hear their key in the door and know they are safe again in your home?

Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?

The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation...

And mature mothers learning to let go.

For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.

Single mothers and married mothers.

Mothers with money; mothers without.

This is for you all. For all of us.

Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them everyday that we love them. And pray.

"Home is what catches you when you fall!

And we all fall."

WOhooo good news! About to leave for doc appt. and hopefully get a fill, but like I had said before, I was stuck between 311-314 for a week.. then I hit 310..today I hit 309!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back in about 7 hours to let you know if I'm filled.. fingers crossed!

Tracy - you are the best, what you did for that new employee, well that was just so nice and i bet you made someone's day. As for fast food, thanks for the warning, I won't do that LOL

Laura - congrats on the loss, good luck with the fill

Angie - congrats on the capris ! I know the feeling as before surgery I could not get my favorite levis over my big toe, and now I can get them all the way up, now to get them closed. LOL

Wow Angie, I havent seen that before and I was in tears before I got past the first paragraph...what a wonderful feeling to know what a caring group of people that mothers are....have a great day violets...let get our exercise in and all our Water too!!! Deanna

TERRI...every time I post I forget to aknowledge you have entered onderland!!! That's SO FABULOUS!!!!

Are you the first violet in onderland?

Thanks, dearie! Well, I think Kat was actually the first, as an honorary Violet. Compared to many of you Violets it's not such a great achievement. But what it does represent for me is seeing a number I haven't seen in about 1-1/2 years. That feels pretty good. Needing to clean out my closet of all the 18W's feels even better.

I'm just so proud of all of us (yes, especially you, Michelle!)....no matter what the numbers are.:)

Angie~ I couldn't get through it. I lost my most 2 years ago...still sucks. I am not a mom either. But I forwarded it to all the teachers who are moms here, now they are mad because I've ruined their makeup, lol. Anyway, Happy Mom's Day to my violet sistas!!! I am proud to be in your company!

Well, I think today is gonna be a bad eat day. It is Teacher Appreciation Day and the lounge is fulll of goodies, from donuts to fruit, chips, all kinds of crap! I had a SMALL muffin and some fruit. The muffin just made me sick, that is what i get. Then after school is a baby shower, and I was in charge of the cake. I will pick up a Red Velvet cake for the party. I will try to be good, I swear (I hope). Problem is that I feel great, same weight loss, clothes are so baggy, and I have no restriciton...oh, and I am way late for TOM. So, I will enjoy the party, just in moderation.

Laura~ Good luck today! I wish I were getting a fill.

Terry~ Sounds like your doing well. I can't wait to get to that place. I am sure you will do a lot of learning in the next few months...but what an exciting journey. Thanks for goin' first!!!

Tracy~ That is my fear, to slime or PB in the car, or resturaunt, or anywhere in public. I told myself, no matter what, NO MORE FAST FOOD! That is a huge NSV for me, I live alone during the week and always was in a drive through. It has not been easy, especially w/ no restriction. But I figure, I can't have a diet coke anyway, so I don't need to go there. One thing is for sure...My skin has never looked better!!! Not one pimple (usually got 1-2 each month) since March 20!!!

Everyone else...have a great and beautiful day! It is 100 degrees here today and just fabulous! xoxo

Lunasa~ that was hilarious about your DH...LMAO!!! There is something special here though:)

ANGIE: GREAT JOB ON THE CAPRI's!

Jennifur: I have those same favorite Levis..... (I laughed at the big toe comment!)

Deanna: I do need to exercise... I will be getting a bunch of walkin in tomorrow, as we are going to Silver Dollar City in Branson Mo....

For those that don't know Branson is a tourist trap located in the beautiful MO ozarks... it is a bunch of hokey country family fun.... the strip is like a mini nashville with some 70 shows, mixed in with theme parks and bumper boats, 3 story high go-kart tracks, and mini golf......... AND I LOVE IT! so do our boys, but this weekend is all about the adults! We are going with DBF's sis and BIL... We belong to a campground down there and can stay in our camper for $1.00 a day.. which is a very economical vacation for us.

Tracy - that actually sounds like loads of fun! I hope you have a great time.

Everyone is doing so well, I am so honored to say I'm part of this group!

Tracy..

I went to Silver Dollar City a few years ago and loved it! Have a great time!

I'm waiting for DH to get home from a meeting so he can watch Ethan while I head to Curves. First time I've been able to go there since getting banded.. woooo hoooooo!!!