Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Congrats Pamela! that is fantastic. I am not quite into my old 18's comfortably but my 20's are definately big, can pull them on and off. I'm going to have my dd take a pic of me later and try to post it. I just don't know how to shrink them to make them fit. I'll put it on later or in the am. Last day of class

Congrats to all of you getting into clothes you thought would never see the light of day again!! I think my problem is I always wore the wrong size.. at least I hope that's what it is. I've lost 26lbs total (It's 20 according to my doctor's scale), but weighed myself 2 weeks prior to doctor appt., so it started at 333.

Anyway, at 307lb, none of my clothes fit any better. I have lost several inches all over, but I always wear jeans that are 'stretch' and 'low-cut', and my shirts shrink in the dryer everytime (me and my cheap taste), so most of them became sleeping shirts because they show my belly..

I was bordering size 26 when I started, I was 24/26 and quickly outgrowing it. Now my 24 are still tight, but maybe they're not 'as tight'.. everytime I wash my clothes, it's a pain to put them back on. Oh well. It took 70lbs of loss for me in the past to go from size 24 to BARELY 18 stretchy.

Laura

I know exactally what you are talking about, before my son I was at the gym 6 days a week like it was my job, I was flat and very muscular but only down to 185 and because of my hips and legs in a size 16//18 but very happy with myself. Today, my 20/22 are falling off me and my 18's don't fit, and my fitted t's are now very big on me. But my 20's that are falling off, get washed and in the dryer and not a huge difference, i have them on for an hour and they are falling off. I guess the only good thing about that is in 3 years, I have never put my pants/t's in the dryer because i knew if they shrunk, I would never get them on again. LOL

Stupid dryer!

Your stories touch my heart. Anyone who thinks that this whole process is easy or simply about eating less food is crazy! We're all tapping in to lifelong issues/thinking/relationships/behaviors that are all in flux and we are learning & changing & growing on every level imaginable. Wow. We're all doing great work and while a lot of it is hard, the rewards will be so worth it. Wow again.

~~~

Me. (Hey, that's what it's all about, right? :rolleyes: )

This has been the strangest week. First the whole esophagus thing + other assorted odd things here & there thrown in for good measure (daily crap, but different daily crap). Usually I'm home a lot, but I've been gone all day every day this week. So last night I notice that my big boy cat, Mo, is acting oddly, not eating/pooping... he'd been constipated back in Jan & I figured that was it again... l-o-n-g story short... he had a urinary tract blockage and had an overfull bladder full of blood, basically... the mobile vet came & did all the emergency stuff to him, then I had to take him down to the pet hospital for them to take care of him longer-term (weekend)... he was REALLY sick & actually if I'd hadn't noticed him last night & had to go out again today, he'd have probably been dead by the time I got home! I feel so badly that I didn't notice sooner & that I had to leave him & he's scared & sick & hurt... I was bawling my eyes out when I had to leave him at the hospital...

Of course, I called my dh who just does not get emotional things at all (so why do I bother to call him... I think because I hope that one time I'll be upset & call him & he'll actually respond properly! But no...) and so is all short & to the point & "what do you want me to do about it?" and all I really want is for him to acknowledge that I do my best taking care of the humans & pets in our lives and that I'm upset ("it's ok, sweetie, you did your best, he's lucky you pay attention to him, thank you..." -- is that so much to ask???) Instead I'm bothering him at work and can't I just handle it?? That's why I had my girlfriend take me yesterday, as I didn't want to bother him. So then I wonder -- if I have to do EVERYTHING myself and be strong and really rely on just myself for everything -- why be married?? Is it purely money? If so, that's sad. But sometimes (like now) that's what I think it is. Money & the kids. Sigh. Wow... I've got so much emotion churned up this week... I'm a wreck. I feel like I've been through the wringer. Even if no one reads all this, it feels good to type it out...

I hope that's it for this week's drama and tomorrow will dawn a new, fresh, "normal" day... I'm not used to all this... usually my life is pretty day in/day out in a good way...

Michelle

I read everything, as I know many others to, I don't know when you came into this group but I was a mess, dealing I was dealing with my mom and my childhood issues, my dbf was not interested in anything about me and I thought I was loosing him, things are tremendously better but still need work. It is a long emotional road, and honestly, I think we need to get to the root of our issues to be successful at this journey. We didn't get overweight overnight and from the sounds of it, everyone has a story of some sort. Even if it is just getting comfortable with our other 1/2 . It happens.

Me personally, I love my head dr and she is the first one who is working on me and not me and dbf.

Hugs, I'm so glad you decided to stay a violet!

Michelle - How old are your kids? :rolleyes: Man, you have had a TOUGH week!

PS - I'm really proud of all of you who can share your personal stories....they're not always easy to share. You help all of us when you help yourselves in that way because we can all relate. Brings up stuff for us we had forgotten long, long ago. Thank you.

Hmmmmmmmmm whadda ya think, Terry??

Amazing! (but I think you used the airbrush tool for that lovely violet hair)

So much to read!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.

there they were, with all the other size 24's that have avoided my ass for a year! I thought, what the heck, let me try these on, and see where I am...OH MY GOSH, not only do they fit, I can pull them on and off w/o unbuttoning them

Kitty you made my day! GRRRREAT to read this. Wow. GOOD FOR YOU! Great work and great job doing a good thing for YOU. Shopping is soon.

Jane, whew. Glad it was nothing super serious. But wow, that is a lot of Fluid. Be well.

Hang in there everyone..I have so much to say to different folks but hubby just rolled in. Hopefully I can come here tonight.

Lap Dancer~ Thanks, glad I made you day!!! I swear, I could hear the 20/22's giggling this morning. I'll keep you posted! I remember when I thought size 11's were big...if I knew then what I know now! lol

so as i'm driving home today, feeling like i lost nothing for some reason, I started to think I am down 44lbs, from January, my total loss goad was 100lbs total, I am almost 1/2 way there! to think about it that way, it is kind of amazing. I had 75lbs left day of surgery and a 1/3 of the way to that goal.

Why is it i get discouraged? I should be proud of myself!

Ok last post for the night, today I was starving! I actually ate 3oz of a country style rib and 1/4 cup of broccoli for dinner.< /p>

I guess it is over for me now, i could eat more, this is the beginning of bandster hell:faint:

hey all

i have been trying to find in here the good easy to follow calorie counter site. help?

that is way cool, so today was my hungriest day and I ate the most I've eaten and a much bigger variety and guess what - still only had 1093 calories and 74g of Protein.< /p>

i'm going to start tracking daily and compare to my weight loss and see if i can figure out what i'm doing and not doing