Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey that is great I was just banded on April 30, 2007 and when I went in to see my Dr on Monday, I had already lost 15lbs....WOW!!! I still havent been hungry and I am walking 1 hr a day, however I am getting all my Protein Drinks in as well as my Water fluids along with 3 oz cottage chesse and other full liquids and tuna (and other fish products) I am allowed to eat...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!

Teachlady thanks for the nutrionist info. Right now I am focusing on Protein and fluids. I think the rest will come with time.

To all you excercising...Congratulations and great job. I have no doubt you will find yourselves fit and healthy and strong sooner than later. Personal trainer? THAT is dedication. To commit for a year is awesome.

Jenn the amount you are consuming sounds like where I was at a few weeks ago.

I went to my favorite fish place last night and ate 9 pieces of Gulf shrimp which surprised me. Mind you they were Gulf so they were small but still. Sometimes I get scared I'll go back to eating more like every diet I've ever been on. Like a nightmare.

Violets you have a wonderful day.

Mal, sending a hello to you. Michelle, hope all is well with you.

Terry this is a brilliant idea!! You will get in shape in a flash!! It will definately make a difference!! & you'll reap the rewards :clap2: of being one-super-fit woman!!

I think I over did it a bit yesterday, I did a 40 min swim with my mum, then last night before I went to bed I did 3 miles (4800 meters) on the treadmill (took me 65 mins) then weights....I feel a bit weird today, lol!!! I'm nervous because I see the consultant this w/k and the dietician, she'll probably do the muscle test on me again :phanvan last time she did it, it was 40% and she said no wonder your not losing weight it should be at 70% to get the metabolisum up to burn fat.....so Ive been exercising like mad...LOL...:faint:. I think getting a trainer is an awsome idea, in the near future Terry I might go along that road....tell us how your 1st session goes....Good on Ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sara! :scales: The thingy they used for me to test my BMI calculated that I had 41% body fat! :rolleyes: The math calculation method says I'm like at 33%...so that's a big chunk of fat to lose!...and a lot of muscle to gain! I've got my work cut out for me. Interestingly, he said it would probably take about a year to gain 10# of muscle...but at the end of that time those 10# of muscle will burn 500 extra calories per day AT REST! I can't believe you did all that exercise yesterday! You're a maniac!!

Laura - When I was your age I used to worry about 'how I looked' at the gym...but not so much anymore! LOL I just want what I want and the others can jump in the lake. Besides, at least 1/2 of the people working out are obese+, so I fit right in. AND, at least I'm doing something and not sitting on the couch eating bon-bons. Have you ever heard this quote? "We probably wouldn't worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do." (Olin Miller)

Jenn - Congratulations on another 2#!! People seem to be coming off their stalls now, eh? Way to go!! Doesn't seem like you're eating very much, though....are you getting enough?

Teach!!! - 11 INCHES??!?!? MAN! That's awesome! I'm tellin' ya....you need to be our mascot!! Would you be willing to dye your hair violet??

TracyinKS,

I know where Branson is although I have never been there. The ex is military and lives at Fort Leonard Wood. So my girls go there every summer to stay with him for six weeks. He takes them to Branson but i dont think he knows about the thress story go-karts. That would be a must do for them. Staying at a camp ground for a $1 what a friggin bargin! That would be fun.

Kity,

So sorry about your mom!

Judy -- I ADORE IT!! YOU ARE NOW OUR OFFICIAL MASCOT!!!

ps- I can tell you've lost weight in your face from your avatar pic!!! woo hoo!

Wow Judy! You can tell such a difference in your side picture and that one! Like the violet hair, nice touch :rolleyes:

I took my diet pill last night (first one) around 6pm.. It says not to take it later in the day because you won't be able to sleep, but I have insomnia anyway and I really wanted to see how it affected me before taking it at work today.. It was wonderful, actually.. mostly. When it kicked in, I was really disgusted by food. I had some left overs on the counter I planned to nibble on last night, and I went in to either get some or put it in the fridge, but when I was handling it, I was just.. hard to explain but I wanted to vomit just looking at it. So I decided to throw it all away...which was silly, I could have eaten it another time, but throwing it away was the only thing that settled my stomach. Then around 11pm when I was laying in bed, I started to get a severe headache. It ended up lasting all night, I woke up every hour or so to go to the bathroom or walk around and my head was throbbing. So was a weird night last night, but I love how it made me literally despise food! No worries about grazing and snacking when you don't like food LOL.

So I just took another one this morning on the way to work.. Woot.

I'm thinking, if my doctor won't prescribe these to me anymore, I might just get a local clinic to give me an Rx. Me likey. I'm going to wait till after my fill though (which is what this is intended for), to see if I feel fine just being restricted instead.

And today's a good day, I'm still reeling about being 307lb. :scales:

Today instead of yogurt, I'm having an egg with a slice of cheese. It tastes heavenly.
Who would have ever thought we would take such pleasure in such small things?! May it continue!

Wow Judy! You can tell such a difference in your side picture and that one! Like the violet hair, nice touch :rolleyes:

I took my diet pill last night (first one) around 6pm.. It says not to take it later in the day because you won't be able to sleep, but I have insomnia anyway and I really wanted to see how it affected me before taking it at work today.. It was wonderful, actually.. mostly. When it kicked in, I was really disgusted by food. I had some left overs on the counter I planned to nibble on last night, and I went in to either get some or put it in the fridge, but when I was handling it, I was just.. hard to explain but I wanted to vomit just looking at it. So I decided to throw it all away...which was silly, I could have eaten it another time, but throwing it away was the only thing that settled my stomach. Then around 11pm when I was laying in bed, I started to get a severe headache. It ended up lasting all night, I woke up every hour or so to go to the bathroom or walk around and my head was throbbing. So was a weird night last night, but I love how it made me literally despise food! No worries about grazing and snacking when you don't like food LOL.

So I just took another one this morning on the way to work.. Woot.

I'm thinking, if my doctor won't prescribe these to me anymore, I might just get a local clinic to give me an Rx. Me likey. I'm going to wait till after my fill though (which is what this is intended for), to see if I feel fine just being restricted instead.

And today's a good day, I'm still reeling about being 307lb. :scales:

Laura, FYI, I was on those for quite a while...twice in my life actually. You will find that you build up a tolerance to them within a couple of months. After a while (for me, anyway) they seemed like they started having the opposite effect. So take advantage while you can, because it won't last forever. BTW, the second time I took them, many years later, they didn't work at all. So it's like a permanent tolerance that you build up, one that is not helped by 'drying out' for awhile.

Ohhh guys, I wanted to share a story. Almost made me cry, but was weird to hear it was about ME! It's a 2.5 hour drive each way to my doctor, so going yesterday my mom went with me.. On the ride back, me being fat was bound to come up. At the doctor, she said she's been trying not to notice my weight loss, so she can look at me once a month and 'see' if there's a difference.. since people in my life will see me daily and not really see it. So she did that, said she noticed definition between my chest and stomach and I'm losing a chin.

So on the drive back, she talked about how she always wondered if she could have done something to help us all (me and siblings) from being overweight. She said when we were born, I weighed the least, but (and she told me to look at my baby pics) the minute I was born I was a THICK baby. She said compared to my siblings, who weighed more, but were not as thick, I was always the big one. My brother was shipped off to a reform school type place when he was 16, and he lost 100+lbs and he's 6'9, so he became a skinny guy, like a beanpole (has sinced gained it all back plus), and my sister was skinny till adolescents. So she said I was the only one, that was BIG my entire life. She said she didn't see it really, she said you don't see your kids as being fat or anything..but she said we use to putt-putt all the time (I do remember this), and she said I would always whine about having to lean over to pick the ball out of the hole. So she said when I was about 8, we were putt-putting, and I complained about getting the ball, and she started yelling at me to quit whining.. and by the 10th hole, I was crying and making a scene.. so she pulled me aside to spank me probably, but she said I yelled out to her 'MOM I'M FAT! I CAN'T GET THE BALL!'.. and she said that's when it hit her, and she said it's something that haunts her to this day, that she didn't realize I was so fat and had problems bending over, yadda yadda. I've never heard this story before, yesterday is first time she told me. It's a sad story, and sad that it's about me! But we discussed things I can't wait to do when I lose weight.. one being crossing my legs (that's a big one for me).. but she said "I can't wait till you can go putt-putting and get the ball out of the hole.".

Sniffs.

Terry

I don't think I'm loosing because I'm not getting enough to eat. I am getting hungrier more frequent but still can't eat a lot. Maybe that is where the 2lbs came from, I ate 4-5 times yesterday, very small amounts. The thought of eating 1000 cals a day.. OMG. but I guess eating more than 3 times a day it is possible. I had 3oz turkey burger with 2% cheese this am(didn't have time to cook, just had to heat and go) and hungry again so am going to have some chili and a yogurt. I guess it is great I can't eat a lot and am satisfied with what I have. Lets see if this kicks up the loss.

Laura

I was going to put this in the last post, but I just couldn't - as this deserves its own response. Your story made me cry. It was all so familiar to me. I was a small child until I was in 1st grade, which is when I started to gain weight. My dad's family are not small, but they are southern and as You know... what kind of food/life style they all grew up on, which is how I was raised in NY. Fried chicken, rice, gravy, grits....and the list goes on and on.

Well in 1st grade I was old enough to know my mom was NEVER home, she took a retail management job and I never saw her, when she was home they were always fighting, and I was upstairs from their room so I heard it all. To top it off, my mom felt I needed to be in a catholic school, my teacher was so horribly mean, hitting with rulers and screaming, degrading in your face in front of everyone mean. I was degraded daily. So can you imagine why i started to plump up?

Right before my surgery, my mom said she wished she had done something different to help me and never knew how horribly bad I felt about myself my entire life. She never knew her aunt (my great aunt) that lived next door use to humiliate me and tell me I was fat. Needless to say, we both cried for hours.

I guess point being, it is amazing how this surgery is bringing lots of things to the surface and how close family has felt for years. Thank goodness for my head dr, I need her to get over all these things.

So the other day someone asked "why are you fat" man... I guess that is my story

Judy~ I love the "do"! You are the official mascot!

Terry~ Soo cool about the trainer. I love how you pioneer things for us. I thinki once I get going, I will do the same. Is it expensive for 1x a week? I already pay $42 a month...and don't use it nearly enough. GOOD ON YOU!!!

Laura~ Biggggg hug!! I was always "big" and I have walked in your shoes. Your story was wonderful, thanks for sharing. You don't know how many people you related with just by sharing!

Ok...drum roll...I CAN'T FREAKIN BELIEVE IT...I walked into the closet this am, as usual, stood there and wondered the familiar question, "what am I gonna wear today?" Well, there they were, with all the other size 24's that have avoided my ass for a year! I thought, what the heck, let me try these on, and see where I am...OH MY GOSH, not only do they fit, I can pull them on and off w/o unbuttoning them! :rolleyes: :scales: :huggie: :peep: (thats my fav banana).

After, I got dressed, I did some booty shakin' in the mirror...I am doing this! The scale is the same, 23# loss, but I think the inches are really kickin in! I feel amazing! I am also wearing some panties that haven't been out of my drawer in a year or so. They were cute when I grew out of 'em and even cuter now that I am back in 'em!

I just wanted to share my victory! I can't believe it. I did not measure myself before, because I did not want to see a waist of 52". But I think I will try to soon. Anyway, rock on violet sistas!!!

I went to the Dr. this morning and no fill. Not really surprised though. In two weeks I will get one on the 24th of May. She also drained over one liter of Fluid off my belly where she fixed the hernia. She said it would probably come back. Next time she says I need to have it done with an ultrasound to make sure they get all the fluid off. The reason I went was a pain I kept having on my left side (hernia on right) she said it was a stitch and could take 2 to 3 months for the pain to go away. I hope this is true. I can't imagine a stitch hurting this much, but I don't want to look for trouble. So at least I have a date for the fill which makes me feel better. After the appointment I thought, well at least I will get my moneys worth at brunch on Sunday naughty girl am I not???

Judy,

Love the violet hair!! I am a hairdresser so I can get you more at wholesale if you want to keep that 'look'! but I think everyone is right that you should be the mascot!!

Pamela,

Very nice weight loss!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Jane