Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey Violets~

WOW...what a day. We ended up hooking up w/ my brother and his 3 (2 step on one his) children...aka, my nieces and nephew. We went to the Bee movie (this little man called me last week and said, "Pam Pam, I go Bee mobie?" Damn...love that kid. Then we went to buy some flowers and take them to the grave for my mom. For the first time in his life, Johnny (little man) said, "I love you grandma" to the head stone. I wonder if he thinks we are all crazy, putting kisses on a slab on concrete??? I have waited a long time for him to say that to mom, she held him 3 weeks after he was born. She was soooo sick, but I think she waited to "meet" him. 2 days after she held him, she began her dying process. It took 2 weeks. It was just she and I here at home...I didn't tell anyone or let my brother know. I miss her everyday.

Sorry, I didn't mean to depress anyone w/ that story (was kinda sad when I re-read it). Anyway, then Susanne and I went to Wally World, then came home and put our beautiful table together! It is spectacular. Can't wait for her mom to walk in and see it!

As I read through your CD lists, I realized we need more than 5 or 10, lol. And of course, Judy bring your flute to our island...I'll sing!

Susie~ We feel the same way about you and each other. This is what I call my little slice of heaven!

TracyK~ Too funny...thanks for the confession. I am hoping to be able to eat. I am having a hard time. I was able to get in some chic sal., but almost couldn't do that. I might want an slight unfill, but am trying to just make this one work. Just gotta get in protein...an no crap.

Everyone, have an amazing holiday. We ALL have so much to be thankful for. Our families and friends...yada yada yada...but more importantly and selfishly...we have our health! More than we've(I've) had in years. No more smoking, more exercising, better food choices (well, no fast food)...30 pounds less! I feel great! I am thankful for my band, my health, my life, my Violets.

(hear me Jenn???xoxoxoxo)

EAT, DRINK, EAT AND DRINK SOME MORE!!!

xoxoxoxooxxo

HAPPY THANKSGIVING VIOLET SISTAS!!!

I have cooking to do then we are leaving for the hours and a half journey to my sisters. I hope the traffic does not slow us down! DH can not go because he is working today :)

Take care everyone!

Judy & Pamela-I am not sure if I will be able to graze all day, but it sounds good! :)

Good Morning, Violets!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Here's what I woke up to this morning! I'm getting ready to head to Kris's house. Hopefully the roads won't be too bad. Driving in the snow will take a little getting used to again, but it's a way of life up here in the north.

I'll be at Kris's all day and will check in tonight when we get back.

post-215048-13813135895546_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813135895812_thumb.jpg

Happy thanksgiving gals

I am having a standing rib roast today because I can't eat turkey. Going to make my brownies.

hope you all have a good day

Judy I love snow!!!! What a wonderful thing to wake up to!!!

We are going to my cousins, have a small family with my family and her family it is only 20 people all together. I think I had the hardest thing to make!! I had to go to the bakery yesterday and buy the rolls! Slaved and slaved!!! But on a serious note I was really busy yesterday at work. This will really be the first big family meal since being banded, it will be interesting to see!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND EVERYONE DRIVE SAFELY!!!!

Jane

Happy Turkey Day!

Judy~ WOW...it is gonna be 78 here, I am wearing shorts and T (of course, I have my face on and my hair is done and I am looking cute, LOL). Your pix looked great. I got my undergrad in Reno, and remember waking up to mornings like that! Enjoy and travel safe!

Jenn~ What brownies???? Are they magic brownies, just kidding (or am I?) I doubt i'll eat any turkey today either, just sounds like a PB waiting to happen. I might try to cut it up really small w/ a shit load of gravy, yeah, that sounds lo-cal, huh?

Janie~ My mouth watered...rolllllllsssss. MMMMMM, doubt I'll have any of those either. Damn.Enjoy.

MIL will be here in 10 min, and of course, I had to pop in and say hi to my favorite gals!

Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

I am home...too full to type! (not really, just tired) I will check back later...hope you are all having a great day!

Gobble Gobble!!

Happy Turkey Day, Vi's!~~

A nice quiet day topped off w/a yummy turkey dinner w/all the trimmings. Ate less than I used to but more than I should, but it's ok. Tomorrow is back to "normal".

I just want to say that one of the things that I am most thankful for this year is each of Y-O-U! I can't believe that I didn't know you -- or even about the band, for that matter -- at this time last year! I am so thankful that I found the band, found this site (thank you TracyKS), found this thread (again, thank you TracyKS), and found each of you!! My life is improved immensely this year, in no small part to your support, encouragement, motivation, inspiration, and friendship. Heartfelt thank yous to each of you! Blessings on a great start to a wonderful holiday season!

((Violets))

Happy Turkey Day! I ate way too much! More appitizers than ever (cause I knew they would go down!) But tomorrow I am working out at our new gym so I will work off the spinach dip!

My five:

1.Rent -Sound track

2. Cher -greatest hits

3. My friend Laura's Wedding Favor CD it's all beautiful Christian music

4. Any compilation of 70's music

5. In Between Dreams- Jack Johnson

These are not my top five I went the variety route.

Hope everyone had a bleseed day! I know I don't write much but I read you guys all the time and I think about you during my days whenever band issues or life issues come up, which is all the time!! Thank you so much for sharing here and keeping me on the "band" wagon!

Theresa

Good evening, Violets..

It was a great Thanksgiving. I ate less than I ever have on this holiday. I had a hardboiled egg for Breakfast when I got to Kris's house and promptly pb'd it. I snacked on crackers and cream cheese with mint jelly and then had dinner. Just a little scoop of most of the things and then a sliver of pecan pie for dessert. I did not feel deprived at all and I made good choices. When I got home I warmed up some of the corn pudding and was eating that and some of a turkey drumstick and pb'd that too. Soooooooo I had some pudding and called that dinner.

Tomorrow daughter Kris, daughter in law Jami and I are going to hit K-Mart at 6 a.m. to get some things for the grandkids. Then Ethan comes over at 8 til noon. After that we have the Santa parade at 5:30 p.m. The Bobster will be driving a truck to haul a float for Kris's nursing class.

I'm sure we'll go out to eat after the parade.

I tried on a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt cords the other day and a size 14 fit! I'm going to see if a size 12 will fit when I go to Peebles tomorrow. That will be a great NSV for me!!!

Hope everyone had a relaxing, enjoyable day with family and friends. I too am thankful to have found this site and all the wonderful Violets!!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power and WWJD???!!!

Got up this morning at 5am and put the turkey in the oven. Then it was clean and clean and clean, actually not that much cleaning- just seemed like it. Around 12:30 the neighbors showed up and we were eating by 1pm. I had just alittle spoon of most of the food that was made. I didn't have a problem with any of it and stopped when I got full. I was noticing everyone's plates and I was kinda jealous. They were overflowing and everyone was complaining about how full they were. I did have 2 glasses of wine but I did all the cooking and I did all the clean up. We all had a great time and enjoyed each other.

Weird thing though. Did your food taste good? Mine tasted wonderful but it just seemed like since I've gotten the band that my food just doesn't do it for me anymore. I even had a slice of pecan pie and I was thinking that it just didn't seem as good as I remembered. I've noticed it other times with food that I liked alot. They just don't do it for me anymore. Strange.

Anyone getting up early to go shopping? I think I'll stay home in bed where it's nice and warm. They are calling for temps in the 20's. Brrr.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Sounds like everyone had a great day!!

Thanks for the pics Judy and TRacy.... I love pics!!

Michelle - I ditto all you said!! Thanks to all your girls for being my new friends. Ya'll are the best!!!!

I had a good food day. Woke up weighing 182 (whew!) and had cottage cheese for breakfast. PB'd half my turkey dinner even though I tried real hard to chew well and eat slowly...but still probably ate too fast. As a result, I sure didn't eat much but it was all good! We were at my in-laws today, then dropped by to see Mom for a couple of hours. She's doing well.

I don't plan on doing any shopping tomorrow...I'm cooking for the Thanksgiving dinner I'm having for Mom on Saturday. In my spare time I'll have to clear out my beading from the dining room table :) What a chore that is!

Suzie - I've had just the opposite thing going on with me...I find that food tastes better because I've learned to savor every LITTLE bite!

Rest well everyone....and to those of you hitting the mall tomorrow ....good luck and happy Black Friday!

IT'S SNOWING!!!

I really need to go to bed! But I took such a long nap today...I am still awake!

We got our things done, I need to let my DH cook more often! dinner was great, I ate a reasonable amount I think--no issues. Have not eaten since---not even something I want to think about! After dinner, while everyone was eating pie, I leaned my head over on Rick, not because I was tired, but to rest the muscles, it still is so damn sore (? not sure if that is normal?). Next thing I know I am waking up and it is 3rd quarter and I am stretched out on the couch!! SIL and MIL had cleaned up--it truly is the season of miracles! We made our way over to Manda's--had a wonderful time with the girls. Then stopped in at my parents...made me feel bad, they were so thrilled---that we don't do it more often.

Eventually made it home, and scanned the black Friday ads, made a plan for morning, and were going to call it a night. Rick emptied some ash out of the stove, and took it outside---come in, told me to get my shoes on. And we went for a walk----9:30 PM....in the first snow of the year. It was dead quiet, you could smell dinners in the houses...and dryer sheets in some! Was a wonderful day.

Going to Target at 6 in the morning, then to Radio Shack. Then some basic shopping, but not just due to the specials. I need to buy a new printer, I dropped ours. It no worky now!

Will check in after we return from shopping tomorrow. Time to get some sleep...or see if I can find a way to make myself tired!!! WoooHooo!!

Kat