Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry and worried! Help!

I am 8 months out. The past few days. I feel like I am starving. It is that time of month if that has anything to do with it. I am worried I have stretched my pouch. How can I tell? I am worried!!

That's totally normal to be feeling that way. I am 14 months out and feel that way often, but then there are other times where I hardly eat anything. I have trained myself to eat every 2-3 hours and trust me when I say my body will let me know. Choose healthy foods, no junk. It's is very hard to stretch your pouch, you would need to seriously over eat to do so and that would really hurt. I have heard of a test called the 5 day pouch test, supposedly it works. I have never tried it but I know you can search it online. Hope this helps in reassuring you that you are great!

I am 8 months out. The past few days. I feel like I am starving. It is that time of month if that has anything to do with it. I am worried I have stretched my pouch. How can I tell? I am worried!!

I doubt VERY much that you've stretched your pouch out. It is possible that you are entering a new period of adjustment for your body. Are you getting enough Protein (eating Protein first, I hope)? Eating complex carbs (fruits, vegetables, whole grains) after the protein? Are you eating 3 to 6 small meals a day plus drinking LOTS of Water (most studies say 8 glasses minimum, but more like 1/2 your body weight in Water is best)? I hope you're not drinking with your meals - that will cause the food to pass through your pouch quickly and make you feel hungry quicker (follow the 30/30 rule).

DO NOT SKIP Breakfast. DO NOT MISS MEALS. Maybe you need a bit more food. Make sure you're getting enough protein. It will not only help your body continue to heal, but will help keep you from feeling hungry. For shakes - avoid soy protein and whey Concentrates - whey Isolates are best.

Good luck! ♥

I saw your post on MFP. ;-) I agree. It's hard to stretch your pouch unless you over eat all the time and you'd feel that. I'm only 7 weeks out but I can tell you at my TOM I don't get hunger but I need to eat more often. My blood sugar gets low faster so my body is hungry. Take a deep breath and just go back to basics with food as the others stated so well.

I understand low blood sugar problems. I have had 3 blood tests done since my surgery to check my levels from CBC to blood sugar. All 3 tests came back with low blood sugar, each one lower than the last. I found these bars called EXTEND, they are meant to keep you blood sugar stable for at least 9 hours. I show my dr and he said great, that I should eat them at least once or twice a day to keep my blood sugar stable. The bars only have 1 net carb, 11 Protein and 150 calories. Check them out! Hope it helps!