Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I'm consuming too much?

I had RNY 12/27/12....I'm only 4 days post op. I feel like I'm consuming too much. I can drink a whole 8-12 ounces of my Protein Drink in about 20 minutes. I can drink 3-4 16.9 ounces of Water a day and 4-8 ounces of broth a day without any problems. I'm reading where people can't even hold an ounce down at a time... I totally feel like I'm over doing it.. Is this normal?!

Just take it slow. 8 oz over at least a half hour if not more. You have no real feeling in your pouch right now. It's good your getting your liquids in just be careful and congrats!!!!

I had RNY 12/27/12....I'm only 4 days post op. I feel like I'm consuming too much. I can drink a whole 8-12 ounces of my Protein drink in about 20 minutes. I can drink 3-4 16.9 ounces of Water a day and 4-8 ounces of broth a day without any problems. I'm reading where people can't even hold an ounce down at a time... I totally feel like I'm over doing it.. Is this normal?!

Everyone's personal norms seem to be different. You are an exception being able to drink so much! I wasn't able to drink much more than sips for a few weeks.

Like worm said your pouch is still healing.. In about a week or two those nerve endings will be healed and you won't be able to consume that much. Take it easy for sure!!!

A lot of what you are experiencing is due to the texture--which is liquids--I was same way at start and worried my pouch was too big lol. My NUT assured me it was bc it was liquids, and sure enough, when I started soft food I realized she was right!

A lot of what you are experiencing is due to the texture--which is liquids--I was same way at start and worried my pouch was too big lol. My NUT assured me it was bc it was liquids, and sure enough, when I started soft food I realized she was right!

I agree with 4SLFLDS - liquids for me were easy. But soft food is much more difficult. Slow and easy - you'll be fine

Same things happening to me. Right out if the gate I drank 11oz Protein Shake and 6 oz yogurt no problem, never feeling full. I'm also worried. I haven't lost any weight in a week. My surgery was 12/20/12. When was yours?

I had mine 12/27/12, I'm down 10 pounds already. I'm drinking plenty of Water with no problem. I'm to afraid to try yogurt. I'm still on Clear Liquids. I'm not eating creamy soups.. I'm trying to follow my doctors orders as much as possible.

Same things happening to me. Right out if the gate I drank 11oz Protein shake and 6 oz yogurt no problem, never feeling full. I'm also worried. I haven't lost any weight in a week. My surgery was 12/20/12. When was yours?

You will hold some fluids because of the surgery IV's. You body is truly amazing and will go into survival mode if it feels as if you are "starving" it. There are so many things that can play into your lack of weight loss but it won't be permanent. I would also recommend you not weigh often. Stick to the "program" you will lose! Congrats!

I had mine 12/27/12, I'm down 10 pounds already. I'm drinking plenty of Water with no problem. I'm to afraid to try yogurt. I'm still on clear liquids. I'm not eating creamy soups.. I'm trying to follow my doctors orders as much as possible.