Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months Post Op & Pregnant!

Please help...I'm 2 months post op, having difficulty eating anything. O already had a stricture. Doc has me on liquids right now to minimize swelling. I feel like crap all the day. Nauseous and vomiting which I attribute to bypass but now found out I'm pregnant. Obv didn't plan for this. How can a baby flourish when I can hardly eat? I may need another endoscopy with dilitation, how can that take place pregnant? I'm concerned for my health and this child? I don't want to go through with this if I can't properly nourish this fetus. Any thoughts? Thank you for all your continued support and encouragement!

converted from Lap-Band to RNY 10/2/12

I don't have any tips for you. But, i know that it's possible to keep the baby. CONGRATS!!!

Wow - congrats. I know this sounds scary, but other women have had healthy babies. There is one lady who has a posting and she is having twins. She would be helpful with your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I believe the girl pregnant with twins found an obgyn that had dealt with pregnancies with rny patients. Do some research. Good luck hun and what a blessing!

Congratulations & do communicate even if in private message the other member with the twin pregnancy.

Congrats. Everything happens for a reason. God will make a way

There always a reason why things happen the way they do. Everything will work out fine.

You can do it. I had hyperemesis ontop of being a fresh post op. I lost 35 pounds and couldnt take Vitamins but the baby will take what it needs from you. Many woman dont eat in their first trimester as much as you think one should. Soooo many people get pregnant right after bypass(although you shouldnt) but have healthy pregnancies and babies. After my hyperemesis subsided, I no longer vomit or am nauseous and eat every 2 hours for calories and nutrition. The Vitamins make me nauseous so I just make up with Vitamin rich foods. Believe me, its not as bad as you think. Its just a little hiccup inthe road of pregnancy. Alot of things you dont know if it is from gastric bypass or pregnancy, but as long as your not in pain its okay. Also check out obesityhelp.com and go to the forum pregnancy after bypass. You will see tons of stories and support about us woman who are just fine being pregnant so soon after rny. Right now, the main thing is to stay hydrated. Please contact me if you need any answers, support or anything.

Also, my Dr wanted to redilate my pouch to normal stomach size because he was uneducated. I refused to have my pouch redilated to go through RNY again after having the baby. BUT if you have a stricture now then get your dilation but dont let them say they are going to make your pouch bigger than the usual rny pouch. As time went on, and I am 6 months now I could start to eat more and more and not gain weight. Many people say their pouch adjust while pregnant so you can eat for the baby and as soon as you deliver, your back at the quick fullness that you used to be. Please stay HYDRATED. If you become dehydrated then you vomit more and irritate your pouch which then causes more vomiting and then becomes a cycle. So that and Vitamins are the most important thing. Believe me.... our bodies are amazing and you can have a healthy baby.

HamDan, thank you for your response and support. I'm so worried right now! How much do you aim to drink a day?

converted from Lap-Band to RNY 10/2/12

I try and drink the nomal 64 ozs per day. Im forcing myself still at 6 months but the dr said do what I have to do, so its mainly 1/2 Water mixed with 1/2 juice, milk, and things like that.