Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Welcome, Mary. How has everything one for you?

Hi Everyone. It has been a long time since I've been on. Over a month at least. It was crazy to go back and see some of the progress everyone has made. You're photos are amazing, you all look SO different! Some unrecognizable!

Isn't it funny how people say that? I went to a BBQ on Memorial Day with my husband's side of the family, many of them I hadn't seen since Christmas time pre-op, and a handful said "I didn't know who you were, I didn't recognize you"I think it's hard for us to believe we look so different unless we see the side by sides because we see ourselves each day and know our struggles.

Not a lot has changed for me weight-loss wise in the last month. I've been stalled out at around 255 for WEEKS. Going really from 257-254 I just can't seem to break it. The scale this morning said 251. I realized that once I hit 250 I'm at my halfway point. I will be down 70lbs and have 70 more to go.

That "70 more to go" is what scares me. Since about early April my weight loss has just been slow slow slow. And I know what you're all going to say- do you work out? Do you eat lots of Protein? The answer to both is yes, but not enough, but I also think I'm just going to be a slow-and-steady loser. And I'm okay with it.

I'm still in a size 18/XL, though I do have 1 size L top I can wear. I was hoping to be 14/16 by this point, but it's still an improvement. Yesterday I caught myself in the mirror while I was out and I couldn't believe it was me. My face didn't look swollen. I didn't have a double chin hahah. Even at almost 6mos post op I still don't think I look all that different sometimes. My body is starting to droop. My hips/thighs, arms, and chest look SO saggy to me. Surprisingly, my stomach is the one thing that doesn't seem flabby. I know I need to step up my exercise game, especially since I'm paying for a gym membership.

I'm pretty much at the point where I can eat whatever. I've still not tried a few foods, like pizza, rice, fast food, etc. but I've eaten some things I shouldn't too. I still avoid bread when possible, now that it's grill season I do bunless burgers a lot.

Real quick- some non-RNY positives I've had lately: bought my first brand new car (2013 Chevy Cruze-she's beautiful), finished my first year of grad school, and starting a new job soon.

Not a lot of photos taken of me lately, but here's one of me while out on a wine tour yesterday (I live in wine country, it's not too shabby) and my profile picture is of when I completed my first 5K--the color run

Hopefully next time I check in it won't be another month, and hopefully I'll have passed my halfway point!

419174_10100190177285231_270043731_n.jpg

Hi Everyone. It has been a long time since I've been on. Over a month at least. It was crazy to go back and see some of the progress everyone has made. You're photos are amazing' date=' you all look SO different! Some unrecognizable!

Isn't it funny how people say that? I went to a BBQ on Memorial Day with my husband's side of the family, many of them I hadn't seen since Christmas time pre-op, and a handful said "I didn't know who you were, I didn't recognize you"I think it's hard for us to believe we look so different unless we see the side by sides because we see ourselves each day and know our struggles.

Not a lot has changed for me weight-loss wise in the last month. I've been stalled out at around 255 for WEEKS. Going really from 257-254 I just can't seem to break it. The scale this morning said 251. I realized that once I hit 250 I'm at my halfway point. I will be down 70lbs and have 70 more to go.

That "70 more to go" is what scares me. Since about early April my weight loss has just been slow slow slow. And I know what you're all going to say- do you work out? Do you eat lots of Protein? The answer to both is yes, but not enough, but I also think I'm just going to be a slow-and-steady loser. And I'm okay with it.

I'm still in a size 18/XL, though I do have 1 size L top I can wear. I was hoping to be 14/16 by this point, but it's still an improvement. Yesterday I caught myself in the mirror while I was out and I couldn't believe it was me. My face didn't look swollen. I didn't have a double chin hahah. Even at almost 6mos post op I still don't think I look all that different sometimes. My body is starting to droop. My hips/thighs, arms, and chest look SO saggy to me. Surprisingly, my stomach is the one thing that doesn't seem flabby. I know I need to step up my exercise game, especially since I'm paying for a gym membership.

I'm pretty much at the point where I can eat whatever. I've still not tried a few foods, like pizza, rice, fast food, etc. but I've eaten some things I shouldn't too. I still avoid bread when possible, now that it's grill season I do bunless burgers a lot.

Real quick- some non-RNY positives I've had lately: bought my first brand new car (2013 Chevy Cruze-she's beautiful), finished my first year of grad school, and starting a new job soon.

Not a lot of photos taken of me lately, but here's one of me while out on a wine tour yesterday (I live in wine country, it's not too shabby) and my profile picture is of when I completed my first 5K--the color run

Hopefully next time I check in it won't be another month, and hopefully I'll have passed my halfway point!

[/quote']

Congrats on you 5K! I'm hoping to do the color run end of July.

You look great and slow and steady wins the race. You'll lose more. Congrats and glad you checked in.

Nicole

After a week stall, I lost 2 #s. Finally hit 149. It seems like stalls are more regular. But I'm not sure if they are actually stalls. I think it's a conversion of fat loss to the gain of muscle. Pants are starting to fit a little more loose. So when you stall, especially if your working out, just monitor the fitting of you clothes.

Bad news on personal life front. My BF had a couple stressful weeks at work. Thank goodness cuz his colors showed. He became verbally and emotional abusive so I ended it!!!! Please no sorry's needed. I'm glad it came out before I got too involved.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Not feeling it for some reason. My procrastination has gotten worse. I have graduated from beauty school ( Nail Tech) but i still need to finish up my hours at school. Only have like 32 hours left. It really pisses me off that i stay in bed and talk myself out of going. Suppose its depression. I love the new me dont get me wrong. But hate my life. The hubs is not supportive at all. We only co exists together. Its sad i think. Getting were i just hate men and how selfish they are.

Went to my check up and they arent real happy with me. They said i am at 30% weight loss and should be at 50%. I just havent been exercising like i should. Hey i am 56 and for 27 yrs i have worked really hard and never exercised and now i need to but either i am scared to or i just cant make myself do it. Going to buy a real bicycle in the next week and hopefully me and my granddaughter will ride together. They said just get your heart beat up. Either dancing or something. I used to love to dance. Sorry for telling yall all this. But had to tell someone because my friends and family wouldnt understand. Thank you

After a week stall' date=' I lost 2 #s. Finally hit 149. It seems like stalls are more regular. But I'm not sure if they are actually stalls. I think it's a conversion of fat loss to the gain of muscle. Pants are starting to fit a little more loose. So when you stall, especially if your working out, just monitor the fitting of you clothes.

Bad news on personal life front. My BF had a couple stressful weeks at work. Thank goodness cuz his colors showed. He became verbally and emotional abusive so I ended it!!!! Please no sorry's needed. I'm glad it came out before I got too involved.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Good to know sooner than later-and at least he made your bed warm for a bit, ;) Give yourself some kuddos for not letting it go on like the last one; plus, now you know what to look for (and avoid) when you're ready for the next one.

Not feeling it for some reason. My procrastination has gotten worse. I have graduated from beauty school ( Nail Tech) but i still need to finish up my hours at school. Only have like 32 hours left. It really pisses me off that i stay in bed and talk myself out of going. Suppose its depression. I love the new me dont get me wrong. But hate my life. The hubs is not supportive at all. We only co exists together. Its sad i think. Getting were i just hate men and how selfish they are.

Went to my check up and they arent real happy with me. They said i am at 30% weight loss and should be at 50%. I just havent been exercising like i should. Hey i am 56 and for 27 yrs i have worked really hard and never exercised and now i need to but either i am scared to or i just cant make myself do it. Going to buy a real bicycle in the next week and hopefully me and my granddaughter will ride together. They said just get your heart beat up. Either dancing or something. I used to love to dance. Sorry for telling yall all this. But had to tell someone because my friends and family wouldnt understand. Thank you

I think we all get in those ruts. After I had

my middle daughter (1996) it took me a couple months to get back to class' date=' and then a whole month to get in the 40 hours in I had left. When you wake up tomorrow just put your clothes on and go. Who cares about men. Once you get it done you will feel great! Then you can get licensed and start doing what you love and get paid for it. :']

To be honest, I am just plain lazy and don't enjoy exercising. I have to force myself to take walks or get on the treadmill (which is dumb). Made myself do squats and leg lifts at the kitchen island tonight while the fam watched the CMA's. I just bought my daughter a new bike for her 8th grade graduation, so now I'll have a bicycling buddy too. :] just think of what great gams we'll have!

After a week stall' date=' I lost 2 #s. Finally hit 149. It seems like stalls are more regular. But I'm not sure if they are actually stalls. I think it's a conversion of fat loss to the gain of muscle. Pants are starting to fit a little more loose. So when you stall, especially if your working out, just monitor the fitting of you clothes.

Glad you found out about the BF early on. You'll find another one. And congrats on breaking the stall. 149 # is awesome. I'm 3 lbs shy of hitting 100 lbs and 11 lbs to onderland. very driven right now.

I find I have slacked for the last month and finally have woke up and will not let myself fall into old habits. This surgery gave me a second chance, so I've finally got my ass in gear. Hope you can get out of your funk Janice. You deserve this.

I find I have slacked for the last month and finally have woke up and will not let myself fall into old habits. This surgery gave me a second chance' date=' so I've finally got my ass in gear. Hope you can get out of your funk Janice. You deserve this.[/quote']

Yes i do by golly. I got to get with it.

Thanks for the comments you girls are good for me

So over the last couple weeks I reconnected w a very long time friend from school. Back then he thought I was out of his league, I guess due to me being a cheerleader, smart, he says absolutely beautiful. He has always loved my smile and eyes.. I liked him a lot back in the day and was too shy to admit. But he was one of my best friends in school. We have been talking a lot lately and I am flying to GA at the end of the month to see him again. First time seeing him in 22 yrs.

I'm so excited, very nervous. He was a marine for 20 years and I always followed him to make sure he was ok. He didn't know that but I worried about him every time war heated up. I had his contact info a few times over the years but never contacted him. I think I was too scared, chicken.< /p>

Good news is he has felt the same for me. In a few (3-4) months he just might be moving back home. God I've missed him over the years and even though we actually reconnected as friends 7 or a couple more years ago, he has always been in my heart and timing was never right. Now it is for both of us. I'm so scared. We have been great friends for at least 26 years. Any thoughts or opinions. I've always loved him (but only as a friend cuz i didn't know he wanted more as I did) and missed him and always wanted more. He does too. Seems the feeling is mutual.

Yes i do by golly. I got to get with it.

Thanks for the comments you girls are good for me

Janice, you don't have to stay unhappy. You are still young and have a full life ahead of you. Don't give up on your dreams and don't settle for an unfulfilling life. Live life to your fullest. If you can't do things w hubby then go out w girlfriends every now and then and kick up your heals and have fun. Never settle!!!!

17#s from my goal weight of 130. I was able to slip on a size 8 Capri today.

I hope everyone is doing well. Miss hearing from some of our people and wished we could get status updates from our December group.

I have training for work during this week out of the area. I hope where I'll be has a gym. If not, I'm going to have to force myself to run in the morning. Ugh.

17#s from my goal weight of 130. I was able to slip on a size 8 Capri today.

I hope everyone is doing well. Miss hearing from some of our people and wished we could get status updates from our December group.

I have training for work during this week out of the area. I hope where I'll be has a gym. If not' date=' I'm going to have to force myself to run in the morning. Ugh.

That is awesome news (size 8)!!! I'm happy about your marine friend too. I hope things work for you both. You deserve it.

Update on me: I had my 6 month check up last Thursday. All is well. I'm 98 lbs down. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm praying I hit the 100 lb mark. :) will post tomorrow if I did!!