Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Trust me I heard it from my dad today cuz I've had difficulty eating and drinking. I know I won't heal as quickly if I don't eat and drink. But I can't help it. What I would like is a nice tea from McDonalds. Sounds odd but every morning going into work, I'd hit the drive thru for $1 unsweetened tea. Tea drinker here, not much of a coffee one

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Why must a person be tried so much' date=' not given a break. Over the last 2 years anything that could happen, I would say it pretty much has.

3 months ago I had to have my best friend put down. This morning I wake up to his great great grandson being hit by a car. He was my baby. A great big cuddle bug and loved by many. Now this week I will be bringing him home in a beautiful little wooden box. I have 4 of his little babies here with me going on 8 weeks old, tomorrow. Oh god I loved Poseidon. When is all the sorrow going to end?? I think I'm doomed or trying to figure out why I must be tried over and over again. Why me? Why my daughter?? Hating this thing called life!!!!

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Oh Gen. I am so sorry for your loss. I can so relate. Within 2 weeks I lost 2 cats, one to kidney failure and one heart failure. They are truly part of the family.

The doc said it sounds like I pulled a muscle. I'm not running any fever and I'm not expelling any blood of any kind. The pain isn't constant, but it's there. Ugh...I feel like such a dork....All this crying for a pulled muscle!

I had the same issue. Don't feel like a dork-it's a lot of pain! Feel better soon :]

Thanks y'all I went to bed laid on my left side took about an hour to go away. Just felt overly full. Guess the dairy and the sugar just doesn't like me. Think its a good thing since I won't do it again. Hate that feeling of fullness like that

have you tried the papaya enzyme? i bought the chewables from wal-mart and they're heaven sent! if i've eaten something that disagrees with me or a little too much, i can chew two of those and feel better fairly quickly, (of course i still learn my lesson, and i don't use them as a crutch-just nice to have in an emergency). :unsure:

Oh Gen. I am so sorry for your loss. I can so relate. Within 2 weeks I lost 2 cats' date=' one to kidney failure and one heart failure. They are truly part of the family.[/quote']

Gen,

I understand where you are at! I am 53 now but most of my life has been like your last couple of years. I had to fight for EVERYTHING I got in life. But just remember God will not give you more than you can handle and it does make us stronger!!! Soon this will be just a memory and as for your ex, karma is a b****! I have seen it many times. You get what you give!

((Hugs))

Teresa

have you tried the papaya enzyme? i bought the chewables from wal-mart and they're heaven sent! if i've eaten something that disagrees with me or a little too much' date=' i can chew two of those and feel better fairly quickly, (of course i still learn my lesson, and i don't use them as a crutch-just nice to have in an emergency). :unsure:[/quote']

I gotta get some of them

I put on my profile an updated picture for after surgery, I am 5 weeks out, I cant tell by looking at it that I have lost weight. When I look at the mirror I dont see anything but the fat girl. Do you all get that too. My inlaws said they could tell right away I had lost some weight. Maybe I need to see my therapist again.

post-26019-13813811248345_thumb.jpg

I put on my profile an updated picture for after surgery' date=' I am 5 weeks out, I cant tell by looking at it that I have lost weight. When I look at the mirror I dont see anything but the fat girl. Do you all get that too. My inlaws said they could tell right away I had lost some weight. Maybe I need to see my therapist again.[/quote']

You look great. Def can tell!!! Congrats. We have had that image bestowed up ourselves due to media, our own issue, etc. Every time you look in the mirror give yourself a positive compliment. Throw awY those old negative ones. They went out w the surgery so do your best to replace them w positive!!!! :-)

Hi everyone my surgery was on Dec 10th in st Lukes hospital in Allentown pa with Dr El Chaar

Welcome, how have you been doing?

You look great. Def can tell!!! Congrats. We have had that image bestowed up ourselves due to media' date=' our own issue, etc. Every time you look in the mirror give yourself a positive compliment. Throw awY those old negative ones. They went out w the surgery so do your best to replace them w positive!!!! :-)

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Thanks, yes its hard. Its all in the mind and how we look at things. I feel thinner when i rub my hands over my body. Everything looks smaller but my gut but then sometimes i can tell its deflating. My shoe size is back to normal used to be 11 now a 10. My underwear is loser around my legs kinda feel like bloomers. Lol