Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I have had unsweetened apple juice and done well. I am having trouble expanding my diet from cheese, eggs, refried Beans and yogurt. I am hesitant to explore for fear of puking. I am down 40 pounds since Dec. 17 surgery date. My husband said I look like a clown in my clothes so I went shopping today. I now own yoga pants! Never fit before.

I am 4 weeks out of surgery and cannot tolerate much. I get so much nausea and feel like total crap. I'm not even able to get all the Water I should be.

Have you talked with doc about medicine to help the nausea? I sip small amounts all day. Drives me insane and it's not easy. If you get dehydrated you feel even worse.

Have you talked with doc about medicine to help the nausea? I sip small amounts all day. Drives me insane and it's not easy. If you get dehydrated you feel even worse.

I've gotten some. I guess I keep trying it without because at some point I have to get off of it! I have an appointment with her on Wednesday.

Same here I haven't tried juice because of the sugar but my nut said 100% juice no added sugar and Water it down.

I use the tropicana 50. It has half the sugar than regular juice. I have tolerated it a lot better than watered down juice :)

I have had unsweetened apple juice and done well. I am having trouble expanding my diet from cheese' date=' eggs, refried Beans and yogurt. I am hesitant to explore for fear of puking. I am down 40 pounds since Dec. 17 surgery date. My husband said I look like a clown in my clothes so I went shopping today. I now own yoga pants! Never fit before.[/quote']

Oh, I'm so envious!! I had surgery the same day and have been stalled 3 weeks. I have lost 24 lbs since starting the pre liquid and only 14 since surgery. I am so proud for you and it gives me hope. I'm a slow loser in General so it will happen, I guess. At least eating healthy and not gaining so just holding on. Keep up the good work!!!

I use the tropicana 50. It has half the sugar than regular juice. I have tolerated it a lot better than watered down juice :)

Thanks I will look for that in the store.

I am 4 weeks out. Have not eaten vegetables yet. Looking to have some tonight. Any suggestions on a good place to start?

PSKKJM. DOS 12/31/12

I am craving veggies, but my doc said no for the first 3 months! Don't think I'm going to make it so let me know what works for you.

Another post-op visit with Dr. Lahmann today. Can't wait to weigh! I try and wear very similar clothes each time so my weight is pretty accurate. Meeting up with friends at a restaurant afterwards for a birthday celebration. I think it will be a little overwhelming for me. food and drinks---- wasn't sure intially if I wanted to go...! First time out with friends since surgery.

Let me know how it goes. I turned down a birthday outing with friends when I was 2 weeks post op. I'm timid about going to a restaurant.

Found this at the store. It's like a flavored water but better. Only 1 gram of sugar and 10 cal. It taste so good. Anyone else drink these? Good morning friends :)

I used to drink them a lot. My daughter likes them too and will still get one every now and then.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Hmm I think it taste like juice! Also I have a question I really want grape juice. It has sugar but if I get a no added sugar 100% juice is that sugar okay? fruit just has sugar in it.... Thoughts? Does anyone drink juice?

I think the 50/50 was ok. Might want to ask your Nut

Oh' date=' I'm so envious!! I had surgery the same day and have been stalled 3 weeks. I have lost 24 lbs since starting the pre liquid and only 14 since surgery. I am so proud for you and it gives me hope. I'm a slow loser in General so it will happen, I guess. At least eating healthy and not gaining so just holding on. Keep up the good work!!![/quote']

I'm right there with you! I have lost a total of 34 lbs since 12/6/12. Surgery was 12/20/12. I have lost 20 since then.

Gen that is not going to happen. You did remarkable with this surgery I would expect no less from you with this other surgery. I apologize for giving information that has given you doubts.

It's ok. I would have had anxiety anyways. Third time going under in a month and half makes me a little or a lot anxious.

I have had unsweetened apple juice and done well. I am having trouble expanding my diet from cheese' date=' eggs, refried Beans and yogurt. I am hesitant to explore for fear of puking. I am down 40 pounds since Dec. 17 surgery date. My husband said I look like a clown in my clothes so I went shopping today. I now own yoga pants! Never fit before.[/quote']

Geez I wished I could lose weight like you. Are you working out?

Honestly, I've gotten used to the dumping. My stomach isn't tolerating chicken breast very well. But I love it and keep insisting on trying it every few days, but... It is always w chicken :-( maybe I won't be able to eat it for a long time :-(