Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Hey guys sorry it's been so long I've just been really sick.... I'm still in the hospital today this makes the 5th day however today they have put in a PICC LINE

Ommmgg!! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I am SOooo happy to hear from you!! Please take care and get better soon. You are part of my prayers everyday!! Keep your head up!! Things will get better!! :)

Good luck Hippie Gal. And glad to hear from you Simply Southern. We were all worried. Prayers that you get home soon.

DOS 12/17/12

Like a frozen Popsicle constantly! My mother found a blanket throw that is electric!!! Awesome. Two pairs of socks and layers of clothes is my new wardrobe.

Reading the posts and I was gonna mention an electric throw because I have had one for years and enjoy the warmth even more now that I had surgery. I guarantee your "lap pets" will love them, too.

I got fluids and left last night. Felt better so I tried to have 3 bites of food tonight and I've been throwing up since 9. I can't lay down bc of the severe heartburn.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

Sorry to hear you've been having problems. Do they think you have a stricture? Thinking about you! Take Care!

Sorry to hear you've been having problems. Do they think you have a stricture? Thinking about you! Take Care!

I don't know what they think, but I think I have one. My doc is out of the office and I'm not thrilled with his on call replacement. I want my doctor! 6 days on nothing but Water sucks

Hey guys sorry it's been so long I've just been really sick.... I'm still in the hospital today this makes the 5th day however today they have put in a PICC LINE

OMG Southern, we have all been so concerned and worried! Happy to hear from you and hope that they are able to figure out what's going on and get you back on your road to recovery. We will be here waiting for you!

I don't know what they think, but I think I have one. My doc is out of the office and I'm not thrilled with his on call replacement. I want my doctor! 6 days on nothing but Water sucks

That's gotta be awful. Yeah, I hate it when your doctor isn't available. Holiday time makes it even tougher to get anything done or be in touch with the right people. Hope you get it all resolved soon, hang in there, I'll be here for you!

Very depressed right now. Thinking I made the wrong decision. I can't eat anything. Not even a tiny sip of Soup. Can only take tiny sips of Water and that gives me heartburn. I just want to be normal again.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th' date=' 2012[/quote']

you have a stricture call your surgeons office and the surgeon on call will call you back. I just had my second stricture surgery Wednesday and I was exactly like you

Ugh my first bad day... I did something funky probably overdid it climbing in and out of a tractor at work... Have a pretty sharp pain in my left side by my biggest incision it's been tender since surgery but if I bend the wrong way it really hurts today feels muscular I'm sure I'm fine just uncomfortable

Good to hear from you southern, hope they make you feel better. Good luck hippie. I just got back from the hospital today, surgery the 29th- all I want to do is sleep. Is this normal/ okay? Not really taking in much, but I do sip when I'm awake (not much of the day)

Good to hear from you southern' date=' hope they make you feel better. Good luck hippie. I just got back from the hospital today, surgery the 29th- all I want to do is sleep. Is this normal/ okay? Not really taking in much, but I do sip when I'm awake (not much of the day)[/quote']

It is ok and normal especially if you are using pain meds. Just keep sipping when you are awake :-)

Gen :-)

Thinking of you, Hippie! Hope you are resting comfortably! Keep us posted on your recovery when you feel up to it!

Simply Southern, Girlfriend, you are going through the ringer. Hope all goes well for you. To hear a PICC line is in, doesn't sound so great, but we put our trust in the doctors don't we? For some of the other threads that I'm reading, if you could drink well and now can't, there is a complication where the connection to the bowel can tighten too far, and it's a matter of an endoscope and a balloon to widen it and tht fixes the problem, according to my doctors that's all that I have to take care to look for. We are all on a journey here, and our ultimate aim is good health. I'm two weeks today since surgery and have lost ten and a half kilos. Some days are magic, and some days are a struggle. Some days are breezy. I'm finally able to sleep through the night, I actually slept twelve hours straight, and now I am battling to get Water in, having dried out too much I'm thinking. Happy new year, health and blessings to everyone of us.

ok so i don't know what this is...Has anyone been experiencing a "stich" in their sides since surgery? I have them on both sides and they are painful. Its non stop..

Yes.. But mine is mostly left, under the ribs.

I have been really worried about you! So glad to hear from you. I am praying for you daily. I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I know words cannot comfort, but please know I am thinking about you and praying Gods healing hands are on you to ought and always. Hopefully this is the day you start to get better, not worse.