Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I hate this. I feel sad and depressed. I'm so mad at myself that I had to have major surgery and totally change my life just to control my eating. How long till I stop feeling so crappy? I'm not on pain meds cus they give me headaches' date=' but I sleep a lot and have crazy dreams- eating mcds fries, taking pinches of Cookies. I have so much pressure still even though I'm getting a little burping, farting and bowels moving (sorry) I just feel like crap. I was told that I'd regret it, but it would get better. WHen??[/quote']

Lola, I'm on the 3rd week. I've had complaints on here when I got minor dehydration and had to drink a lot more liquids than anyone else cuz my body wasn't processing the liquids properly. Then I gained weight, ugh. But other than that once you get by the gassiness, hopefully you will be on the upside of it with very little to no regrets. My first week I thought, wth did I do. I kind of think those feeling are normal.

My divorce after a 22yr marriage and 25 years together was finalized on Dec 20, 5 days after the surgery. He was my HS love and probably the love of my life. I'm hoping the love of my life for the first half of my life. I hope to be blessed to find a better man to me. My Ex's GF harassed me w pics of him and her together, texting me calling me every name in the book, called me to tell me she was pregnant knowing I was unable to have another, even though desperately wanted (of course the psycho bit-- lied). He was my best friend and to lose your best friend and the love of your life at once is very difficult. Anyways what I'm saying is last night I went out with a couple of friends for New Year's Eve, I was the DD, drank Water all night, danced, and had a great time. At the end of the evening, a young man 29, 11 yrs younger than me ask me to dance. We had three dances talked. He said he had the worse yr ever. I told him I've got you beat. He said no way. So he told me his story, not great not too bad. I told him mine of a cheating, lying husband that moved in with his Ho while being married to me begging me for no divorce. He told me that I was beautiful and said I would find a great man, and wished me luck.

I guess after a long story, what I am saying is I have no regrets at all now. Yeah it would be nice to eat pizza w everyone else, but I would not trade that piece of pizza for what I decided to do to help my health. As I sit here typing this I would love a nice cheese burger but still would t trade that for what I hope to gain, longevity in life with the man I hope to find who will be love for the rest of my life.

Everyone who reads this long post I hope I can give you a little reassurance w everything that you are going thru now is only temporary. The future is whT you need to hold onto. That is why you did this: your kids, your love, and most of all a better quality future!!!

BTW, I had dreams of food too, lol. But no more.

Jodi, I hope it gets better for you. Now that the holidays are over you will have better luck seeing your Dr to get things taken care of, that goes for all who are having issues.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

My surgery was 12/20/12' date=' Troy, MI Dr. Krause.[/quote']

Welcome KMH :-) Happy New Year. I added you to our December List thread :-)

It took me toabout 5th week to really start feeling better...at least once everyday I had regrets but that has passed now..there's so much to adjust to on the beginning...each day will get easier so hang there!

My surgery was 12/20/12' date=' Troy, MI Dr. Krause.[/quote']

Congrats! That's the same day I had mine! How ya doing?

Teresa

Gen thanks for sharing your story. I know you will find someone who will love you in the future and so happy you chose the healthy path.

Those who are regretting their decision- I think all of us have at times. The holidays were rough for me due to all my favorite foods, but now that it is passed I am so happy I was someone who didn't gain more weight like I have in the past during the holiday season. I think our decision to have surgery was for a valid reason....To be healthy. I hope that as time passes we will not have so many regrets. I have had my fair share, but watching myself already start changing is so rewarding even though it is tough. This is definetly not an easy way out. I hope all of those who are having some complications with their surgeries improve fast and I hope this new year brings everyone better health and happiness.

I miss burgers. But not as much as I want to be healthy. Do I regret the surgery? No. Do I feel down for not having the self control to lose weight. Myself? I do have serious self esteem issues, but most of all i am wanting to live a long life and see my grandchildren born. That is a driving force for me. But most of all, I am blessed with a fantastically wonderful husband (second time round is the charm) and I would like to live a long time with happiness with him. After having the band removed in September, and the state of my insides after that, it was decided that the surgery was necessary to have a long life span, there was so much damage.

Burgers can wait. My future can't. On Friday I can start puréed and mashed diet and I'm looking forward to more variety and that's all I'm focussing on now. Onward and upward. Regrets? The past is the past, we make the most of eveery day and we will get through it.

Gen thanks for sharing your story. I know you will find someone who will love you in the future and so happy you chose the healthy path.

Those who are regretting their decision- I think all of us have at times. The holidays were rough for me due to all my favorite foods' date=' but now that it is passed I am so happy I was someone who didn't gain more weight like I have in the past during the holiday season. I think our decision to have surgery was for a valid reason....To be healthy. I hope that as time passes we will not have so many regrets. I have had my fair share, but watching myself already start changing is so rewarding even though it is tough. This is definetly not an easy way out. I hope all of those who are having some complications with their surgeries improve fast and I hope this new year brings everyone better health and happiness.[/quote']

Exactly!!! Those with complications I pray for quick improvement, better health and definitely happiness.

Regrets are a part of the package when ever we try something new and we hit barriers in our way. But yes, I did gain Water weight but my body is def changing. Skinnier face, dropped a size, I'm happy w my decision and can't weight til everyone else feels the same. But as with the weight that is lost by each person, we are all different and will all find peace w our decision in our own time.

Hallelujah Myjosjcait. I think self esteem issues are a big part of many of us. Last night when I was all dressed up at the club, I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. For the first time in my life, I actually looked at myself and said "my goodness my ex is right I am beautiful. I am actually one hot momma," lol. I think we each need to take a step back when you are ready, look at yourself and compliment yourself. You'll feel better and will build you esteem :-)

I am home, sore but that will past. Not sure how I am suppose to take the pain pills and my regular pills that I have. I just can't stay awake so sleepy. Got my bottle of Protein Drink and Water to sip sip sip and walk. And go pee. Gosh do I pee

Are there any December surgeries that is using the app or computer site, MyFitnessPal. My name on it is one4ozzie. Feel free to add me.

I am home' date=' sore but that will past. Not sure how I am suppose to take the pain pills and my regular pills that I have. I just can't stay awake so sleepy. Got my bottle of Protein drink and Water to sip sip sip and walk. And go pee. Gosh do I pee[/quote']

Congrats on being home. They didn't give you liquid pain med? If not and if you need it, I would call Dr ASAP tomorrow and ask for liquid. Big pills that are larger than an aspirin can be ground and hidden in pudding, yogurt, etc. Smaller than aspirin can be taken whole. That is what my Dr and Hospital instructions when discharged stated.

Attached is my largest pill on a penny and I have no issues w it.

post-205332-13813132818477_thumb.jpg

Pic wont come up. They told me not to at all eat anything. All i can have is Protein drink and Water. They did say to cut it all in 1/2 if need to. But swallowing pills shouldn't be a problem i am not in pain just sore. I only use the pump 3 times. I just hated that groggy feeling a know

I am home' date=' sore but that will past. Not sure how I am suppose to take the pain pills and my regular pills that I have. I just can't stay awake so sleepy. Got my bottle of Protein Drink and Water to sip sip sip and walk. And go pee. Gosh do I pee[/quote']

Glad to hear you're home and ready to start healing! Get lots of rest for now!

Welcome home Old Hippie Gal.

My doc sent me home with a liquid prescription on hydrocodone that was great for those first few days. If the pills are too difficult I would ask for a liquid script. Good Luck. I was super sleepy at first, too. I have more energy everyday. Hope you are good. Take it slow and listen to your body. Naps are your friend!