Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Ok I am supposed to be having my post op appt tomorrow but due to weather I cannot travel to the docs office :( my staples are itching like crazy and I'm soooo ready to be on puréed foods now! My doctors office is closed all next week for Christmas so I'm not even sure when I'll be able to get in! I'm so ready to pop these bad boys out myself!

You need to get benydril cream rub some on to stop itching

Anyone have tips on passing gas? Lol. I'm now on day 2 and haven't been able to pass gas. It wants to come out I just can't seem to get it out. I've been walking and drinking a fair amount. I've also attempted to lay on my side, nothing.

No sleep at all. Wish I could fast forward till I feel better LOL walkwalkwalkwalk still no gas passed

Hang in there sweetie. You have overcome some of the complications without great odds. we will get there and we are all here for you.

SimplySouthern,

I am praying for you and hoping that Gods healing hand is on you. I am sorry that you have had such difficulty. I hope that things settle down and you are able to enjoy the weight loss you have had so far. Thinking of you. I hope today is fantastic for you!

Praying for those having surgery today and tomorrow. And also praying for continued healing to those who have already had surgery. May God be with them throughout this process and those that are caring for them. Bless their families and give them the understanding that we need. Thinking of everyone today. Hugs to you all.

You need to get benydril cream rub some on to stop itching

Ohh didn't know I could do that! Thanks!

I am finally beginning to feel a sense of fullness. I had surgery on 17 and today is the first day of Protein. It is finally giving me a sense of fullness. Yeah, I was beginning to wonder. Those that are farther along, how much have you been told you can eat at one time! 1/4 cup total?

I am finally beginning to feel a sense of fullness. I had surgery on 17 and today is the first day of Protein. It is finally giving me a sense of fullness. Yeah' date=' I was beginning to wonder. Those that are farther along, how much have you been told you can eat at one time! 1/4 cup total?[/quote']

They say 1/4 of a cup total per meal however depends on what I eat I can only eat 1/8 of a cup

Omg I'm soooo excited I had to get a new jacket today instead of a size 24-26 I am now sporting a size 18-20 & not to mention none of my blue jeans fit me anymore lol

Yeah!!! I too am going shopping Saturday... 28 down to 20 right now. My post-OP appt went well not sure about what is causing pain. Down 32 lbs. Dr. said I am not drinking enough and getting Protein is an issue. Healing well though!

So I got my staples out today YEAH...no more itching. I have lost 22 lbs since preop and Im on pureed foods finally. Im so excited. I ate some pinto Beans and cheese mashed up for lunch....it was so good.

So I got my staples out today YEAH...no more itching. I have lost 22 lbs since preop and Im on pureed foods finally. Im so excited. I ate some pinto Beans and cheese mashed up for lunch....it was so good.

Yay! That's exactly how my day went too! Down 22lbs and got the staples out!!! I'm eating mashed potatoes with cheese mmmm feels great right? Congrats

I am finally beginning to feel a sense of fullness. I had surgery on 17 and today is the first day of Protein. It is finally giving me a sense of fullness. Yeah' date=' I was beginning to wonder. Those that are farther along, how much have you been told you can eat at one time! 1/4 cup total?[/quote']

Yes

So I tried Peanut Butter for the first time and was seriously in pain and felt like I was going to vomit for 30 minutes. Horrible! Never again. I tried plain Greek Yogurt and wasnt a fan at first but put some sugar free strawberry Jello in it and mixed and I love it and it has a lot of Protein, so bonus there :) Back to work today and it went well. I hope everyone else is healing well and I wish all those going into surgery soon all the best and I hope for a fast, no complication surgery!

I don't see how you folks eat anything without being terrified of dumping. I'm afraid to eat anything... Anything! (Can't for another week anyways) like cheese and mashed potatoes... I'm thinking "OMG I'll dump and diiiiie!!!!!!!"