Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys my name is Tasha I am the mother to the most wonderful little boys a mommy could ask for and a very loving and supportive husband who has been by my side through this whole process.... I am so exited and scared to death now that I actually have my surgery date ((December 3, 2012 @ 7am)) I guess I'm just a worry wort but I am terrified of leaving my kids without a mommy and my husband without a wife... Also I know that my surgery is sooo close to christmas and I feel like I am taking money for myself and being so selfish when I could use that money for my kids and husband for christmas I can't actually tell you the last time I bought something for me without feeling extremely guilty and returning it and getting something for my boys.... HELP AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?????

Hi Tasha,

My Name is Linda I too have a family, 3 boys married 22 yrs. I am always doing for everyone else too. By the way.. our surgeries are on the same day.

I want you to think about this this way, if you don't have the surgery, what's it going to be like later in life? Obesity as you know can do soo much damage to your body. I want to be able to live to see my kids grow up and mature, meet my future grand kids, travel,... I think of this surgery as the gift that will keep on giving, not only to you but to your family too. I am sure your husband would agree.

I wish you well!

Tasha & Linda- we are all Dec 3rd!!!!!!! So excited there are 3 of us now :) Tasha- I know exactly how you feel. I always put my husband and kids first and I am so scared to leave them without me if something were to go wrong! When I talked to my husband about my feelings of doubt regarding my surgery, his response to be was that the good will out-weigh the bad and that this surgery was not just for me but for my family so I would be healthier and happier and be able to do more with them all athletically. When I start to feel guilty I remind myself that my family wants me to do this for them just as much as I want to do it for me :) Hang in there! We are so close and I know I will be flipping out a few more times before the 3rd but I am trying to keep the ultimate goal in mind! keep your head up and get ready.....we are headed for the losers bench ladies and I cannot wait to get there :) :)

JLS I will keep you in my thoughts!! :) Adding you as a friend so we can keep in touch!

Listen Tasha think of it this way. Your doing this so you don't leave your kids permanently so all of u will have a better life. Also don't get me started on Christmas. Christmas is to Celebrate the birth of our father who dies for us not to spend all our money on presents for kids. I'm so sick of how commercial Christmas has become. So basically don't feel guilty.

Think positive everything will be fine. My husband grabs me by the waist it's been years. He can lift me. I can ride him not get ired. Think of the great sex. Your little boy enjoying the new you running after him. Getting in rides. You will love the new you.

Omg I can't wait to see the new me and get to do the things I couldnt do before... Mami I wouldn't know what it's like to have a really sexual relationship with my husband again lol don't get me wrong we don't abstain however I hate the way I look so its very limited lol and in total darkness lol

Hey guys my name is Tasha I am the mother to the most wonderful little boys a mommy could ask for and a very loving and supportive husband who has been by my side through this whole process.... I am so exited and scared to death now that I actually have my surgery date ((December 3, 2012 @ 7am)) I guess I'm just a worry wort but I am terrified of leaving my kids without a mommy and my husband without a wife... Also I know that my surgery is sooo close to christmas and I feel like I am taking money for myself and being so selfish when I could use that money for my kids and husband for christmas I can't actually tell you the last time I bought something for me without feeling extremely guilty and returning it and getting something for my boys.... HELP AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?????

Simplysouthern26,

I know exacally how you feel and I suffered with this same feeling for months. I know it's hard to think about but you have to remember that if you don't do this they could lose you too. Also if you don't do this you will most likely get worse. For me it was kind of at that point that I didn't have a choice anymore. I let myself get too big and fat that I was almost impossible for me to get it off on my own. Soooo what you are feeling is normal and make sure you have everything ready and in place in case it does happen but you are going to be fine. These surgeons do these surgeries all the time so you are in good hands. Just make sure you o what the doc tells you after. That is going to be your big responsibility to make sure you are fine after the surgery as well. Good luck girl. You will be fine!!!

I am a mother of two young boys and a wife. Its our duty to 'do' for others and not ourselves. But it also has alot to do with why we r where we are. You are doing the right thing... getting healthier is a much better gift to ur kids than anything u can buy! :)

U have to put urself first even though it's hard. Because if your not taken care of neither is anyone else.

Thanx guys I couldn't ask for a more supportive family I have 2 boys ages 5 & 7 and my husband and I have been together going on 9 years... I have explained to my kids that mommy is going to have surgery soon on her belly that will make her feel better and will get to do more things with them they were really excited and said even play soccer and go hiking with us and daddy lol ..... And my husband has been awsome he understand how I feel and helps out the best he can and even tolerates me during my mood swings and other not so happy times and is always there to get me back on track and to help remind me why I'm doing this in the first place when I feel like just giving up and canceling my surgery.... And he tells me every morning and night how beautiful I am... and tells me that I don't have to change anything for him that if I'm going to do it make sure it's for me not for him that he loves me no matter what :)

My kids are all grown, but I understand where you're coming from.....but......this is the best gift you can give them!

Thanx guys I couldn't ask for a more supportive family I have 2 boys ages 5 & 7 and my husband and I have been together going on 9 years... I have explained to my kids that mommy is going to have surgery soon on her belly that will make her feel better and will get to do more things with them they were really excited and said even play soccer and go hiking with us and daddy lol ..... And my husband has been awsome he understand how I feel and helps out the best he can and even tolerates me during my mood swings and other not so happy times and is always there to get me back on track and to help remind me why I'm doing this in the first place when I feel like just giving up and canceling my surgery.... And he tells me every morning and night how beautiful I am... and tells me that I don't have to change anything for him that if I'm going to do it make sure it's for me not for him that he loves me no matter what :)

I love your husband :) so supporting. That's good to have such a loving family. You guys have fun. Hiking I never done that in my life. Soccer I never play neither. I should start writing a list lmbo

That's amazing and how a husband should be and this should be for u. U can do it.