Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do U Deal With.....

People who know you had surgery and its seems out of disrespect eat big Mac in front of me, and then laugh about and say.it sucks to be me...ok for one you eating it doesn't bother me its the dang smell. I just had my.surgery last week and some foods make me sick just.from the smell. Has any one else.gone through this...

Timtammy, I have the same issue with the smell of certain things. Mines comes and goes. Hang in there!!

Well depending on WHO it is you can always walk away. If it's your immediate family that you live with well.....that's harder. Let me just say that when I started this journey I made it a point to keep reminding myself that this is MY journey and no one elses. Not my husband's, son's, co-workers' or neighbors. That I was going to have to live with my decision and other peoples food choices. That's right...their food choices because if they are eating around me, I can't make them stop eating the foods they love or help with their food issues. With that said, it was fortunate that the surgery helped me barely want to eat let alone crave foods that weren't good for me. I was so thankful for that! Later on, as I could eat more and moved through the food stages, it got to me sometimes what people around me were eating and I couldn't or was too afraid to because I felt it had too much sugar or fat in it. There were times I got mad...not at the person eating but, at the lack of being able to eat myself because the choices available were all bad or I was sick of salads! ON a recent trip to Disney, being 3 months out from surgery...it was tough trying to find foods that worked and were healthy. I managed and when I started getting aggrevated with hubby's choices I just reminded myself again that I chose this for myself and I can do this for me and for the reasons I had the surgery. It helped me alot. So while he ate his Burger King at the airport, I walked away to find something healthier for me.

It's not easy, and at times you'll have to walk away too...but you can do it :) YOU'RE WORTH IT!

Losing,

You make a good point. However, while we certainly do this only for ourselves, others often helped to put us here. It's not unreasonable to expect those who love us to support us. Healthy eating is one way. Sharing meals is another. Being considerate is a third. I have a good friend that is behind me all the way. Hubby not so much. So...I have less Tolerence AND belief that he really cares about me and my health.

I'm odd. The smell of food didn't bother me..............it was FEBREZE. LOL

Timtammy ... All I can say is wow!!! The gall of someone saying it sucks to be you is just crazy. Keep your head up and ignore the jerk... Hope you aren't related.. And keep moving on to a healthier you!!

People who know you had surgery and its seems out of disrespect eat big Mac in front of me' date=' and then laugh about and say.it sucks to be me...ok for one you eating it doesn't bother me its the dang smell. I just had my.surgery last week and some foods make me sick just.from the smell. Has any one else.gone through this...[/quote']

Yeah.... sucks to be you, you healthy bastard. *noms on grease ball*

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12

They won't think it sucks when you look better than them.

Thank you everyone. I know I can be strong, it just super hard because I use to use food as a comfort. ...but I will make.it through this and look.great.in the end..already getting compliments.