Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Was 26 Sept And Still Much Pain!

Omg every time i eat or drink i am in so much pain, nauseated....sick. when does the pain stop? Im tired of smelling food and looking at pureed food! Yes I never knew there would be so much pain associated with the surgery. Please tell me it gets better soon. Lost 16 since surgery. Wondering if this was worth it. Sick in Rome Ga---->Gerry

What's the pain like that your feeling? One of my incisions became infected so that was quite painful but getting better. Are you able to walk?

Feel better soon after coming home from surgery I was in zero pain.

Yes i can walk. My incisions look good. Just stomach pain like day one every time I eat or drink. I can barely eat two meals a day. And food smells make me nauseated.

Have you discussed your pain with your doctor? Severe pain at two weeks out is not unheard of but I definitely would run it by your surgeon. They can rule out any problems and if nothing else, give you something for the pain until it subsides. Feel better soon!!

We have the same surgery date. I had no pain after leaving the hospital. Are you walking? Also they can give you somthing for nausea. Make sure your sipping slow and measure what you eat i can't take more then 2 tablespoons.

You weighed what i did pre surgery. I hope i do that well. Im just afraid i am not eating enough or drinking enough. Leaving this weekend to be with bf whose staying in hotel out of state. He said to start looking for hotel with indoor pool and fitness where i can be comfortable at. Maybe once I am released to do more than walk I will feel better! Again congrats on your weight loss girl.. what an inspiration to us all!!!

That sounds awful! I hope the pain eases for you soon!

Are you still on liquid or on puree? You may have stricture... please call your doctor.

Well i feel much better today. i am taking very little sips thanks to some great advice and realizing i dont have to eat the four ounces with each meal right now. Just eat what I can....again great advice. I do miss those days I could gulp my drink. I stay so thirsty all the time. I know i have to play catch up with my hydration. Thanks for all the advice! I feel like a new person today.

Omg every time i eat or drink i am in so much pain, nauseated....sick. when does the pain stop? Im tired of smelling food and looking at pureed food! Yes I never knew there would be so much pain associated with the surgery. Please tell me it gets better soon. Lost 16 since surgery. Wondering if this was worth it. Sick in Rome Ga---->Gerry

OMG, this is my story!!! I really just drinking because the smell of just about everything makes me nauseous. Today is the first day of drinking without any pain and i think it's because of the sippy cup i use. I can't wait until it get better. The pain was very uncomfortable after eat or drinking something.

I had a real tough time after surgery. I was about 6 weeks post op when things got really bad for me. Eating made me sick every time and the smell of food made me sick to my tummy. After crying in a group post op session and in my surgeons office visit I finally got some relief. Doc worked with me and I took anti nausea meds for 4 weeks before every meal. I regreted my decision to get the surgery everyday for 2.5 months. I am now 4 months post op and feel better everyday. I am able to eat what I want and have learned how to stay in harmony with my pouch. I hated hearing things get better hang in there, but it is true.

Well i feel much better today. i am taking very little sips thanks to some great advice and realizing i dont have to eat the four ounces with each meal right now. Just eat what I can....again great advice. I do miss those days I could gulp my drink. I stay so thirsty all the time. I know i have to play catch up with my hydration. Thanks for all the advice! I feel like a new person today.

Four ounces!!!!! Try 1 or 2 at Breakfast lunch and dinner. No Snacks. If u cant get anything down even Water u prob have a stricture. I have not had one but I heard they r a pretty fairly easy fix. And common. U need to tell ur dr tho so they can fix it. sum times if Water doesnt work crystal lite works. I used Powerade zero when i had diahrea. It really helped by replacing lost electrolytes. I am over a month out and I can only drink bottled water I dont know why. Maybe less minerals and air bubbles. Who knows. Try different things to find what works for u. Good Luck!

I don't even think I can eat 4 oz. Yet and I am almost 3 months out!slow down girl...lol. definitely take it slow. Only eat what makes u feel satisfied and eat slow so your body can have time to process it. Don't force the meals and listen to your body. Like DL said, call your doc if u r still in pain. He/she can rule anything bad out. Good luck.

surgeversary 7/24/12, highest weight 267, surgery weight 262, current weight 209

I cant even stand food anymore or drinking ....i went for a walk today and had to call my neighbor to come pick me up, i was in so much pain in my stomach, couldnt make it home. Everything seems to upset my stomach, even Water. Just hope this to will pass. Thanks luvlife for the advice.