Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Dates

Hey' date=' I am having the same exact problem. Tomorrow will be exactly 1 week and I can't keep down any Liquid Protein (I have a few flavors and brands that I bought and liked pre-surgery), I now hate Jello (ewww) and I can't stand chicken broth anymore. I've been drinking Water, some with cystal light packages and sugar free Popsicles. I am praying that at my post-op appointment tomorrow my doctor will find a reasonable solution to this, because these Protein Drinks are now working out for me :'([/quote']

Me too! I loved Unjury Protein before but now it really hurts to get them down no matter how slow I drink them and they are gross. I am also experiencing pain at night and therefore I have to take pain medication which makes me groggy in the morning. I am finding it difficult to get in the 100oz of fluids and 89 grams of protein. Are you taking your Vitamins yet? I am walking but not very fast at all. I had surgery oct 3rd.

K today i finally broke down after 7 days of a liquid diet and had a half a piece of grilled chicken breast anyone else do this and had no problems for surgery with a non shrunk liver?

was suppose to do a certain meal plan that i did not follow at all the doctor didnt even weigh me the day of surgery ad i was mad cuz i had lost 10 pounds but ol well u will be ok just dont ho out and go wild

OK GROUP WE ARE AL IN THIS TOGETHER BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE FEELING LEFT OUT THEIR QUESTIONS AREN'T GETTING ANSWERED AND THE POST ARE OVER LOOKED LETS TRY TO ALL HELP EACH OTHER AND FOR THOSE OH US WHO HAVEN'T LETS TELL OUR SURGERY STORY TO HELP THOSE WHO HAVEN'T.LETS ALL TRY TO STAY ACTIVE WIT EACH OTHER

Well I went to my preop appt. everything looks great except they forgot to mention to the insurance they were removing my. Band.... I don't think this will hinder anything as the insurance said yes already to bypass. So now onto the fun times.....

I will have my surgery on the 31st.....I am flip flopping between being excited and being really scared. I keep asking myself if I'm doing the right thing.....then I think about all the discomfort I have just walking sometimes, how difficult it is for me to take good hygiene care of myself and all the other things that obesity causes and I tell myself this is right for me. So why am I scared?

So where is all our October members from? I am in West Virginia

I will have my surgery on the 31st.....I am flip flopping between being excited and being really scared. I keep asking myself if I'm doing the right thing.....then I think about all the discomfort I have just walking sometimes' date=' how difficult it is for me to take good hygiene care of myself and all the other things that obesity causes and I tell myself this is right for me. So why am I scared?[/quote']

It is normal to be scared. You are scared of the changes that you have to make from the way you have eaten and exercised your whole life until now. You are apprehensive on letting go of the food that got us here in the first place and maybe scared of finding out why you chose food to comfort you. It is like any drug people turn to to avoid abuse they may have had growing up. But just know you are doing the right thing and taking the right steps so that your past doesn't dictate your future

I'm from Rockville md

From Orlando FL

From Charlotte, NC

All places I would love to visit. I lived in Florida fir many years and been to Orlando upteen times. I plan to take my grandbaby there next year for her 4th birthday to Disney

Yes, I am literally making my self sick!! I won't get any sleep tonight!!! How are you doing?

I'm making myself sick too! Worrying constantly! I'm really scared of the pain. I wont sleep tonight either! HUGS to you :)

I'm in Dallas, TX