Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' February Challenge

I just got a call from Bluehill - she's in the hospital and has been for over a week on IV anitibiotics for the cellulitis infection she has. She was supposed to have started her vacation (and was coming here to visit with a neice and me), but did not leave because her leg got worse - instead she drove to her daughter's and is in the hospital in Vermont. She is better though..............and she's trying to get home and be treated there. I'll give her a call tomorrow and keep you all up-to-date.

Oh no!!!! Please let her know we are thinking of her---I was hoping she had already left on her vacation is why we had not heard from her! If there is an address for a card---I would love to have it!

Thank You so much for letting us know Betty!

Extra special prayers have already been said, and I will continue them....I do hope she is improving, that is so scary!

They are considering admitting my 2 yr old granddaughter to the hospital as well. She got a viral infection from my DD's boyfriends daughter (confusing enough?). She caught hand, foot, and mouth disease at school, it is rampant---and then Kinsey caught it from her. But hers is not clearing up like it should. My poor little girl, is just pathetic---she cannot eat or drink hardly at all. Her little mouth is solid blisters--her little tongue looks like a pinecone of blisters. They started her on a new medication, thinking she picked up a secondary infection of some sort, and they are culturing it. If she is unable to drink by tomorrow she is being admitted so they can nurture her. She barely weighed 20 pounds to begin with, so she hasn't got a lot to lose...girls, this baby's gums are bleeding, she just lays listless in your arms and moans, saying "I hurt". It reduces me to tears.

When you send up Blue in your prayers tonight, can you add my little Kinsey a quick one too please?

Kat

Kat,

That is heart-breaking! I hope they DO admit her!! Children are so patient and just suffer through it, don't they? I will pray for your Kinsey and all of the afflictions that are trying our group!

Much love!

Betty, I just read the Dr. Ortiz comment...hahahaha! He is a blast, isn't he? And his mother is a stylish, petite spitfire. Ortiz lives in San Diego and crosses the border every day. He is jovial and witty every time you see him. His staff is happy, his office/surgical center is sleek and upscale. And he loves to party. I don't know that from firsthand experience, he told me. He dresses sharply and is a pretty cool guy!

Poor Bluehill! That is terrible! I, too, wish I could send a card.

Julie must be in St Bart's now?

Maybe so many of us are on a plateau because we are supposed to be? Maybe it is the body's natural healing/adjustment. Or maybe it is because of winter. I NEVER lose in the winter!

Take care everyone!!

Oh Kat - my heart is breaking for your baby grandaughter Kinsey. From one grammy to another know that my prayers and thoughts go out to her for a quick recovery.

I don't have an address for Bluehill..........I'll see if I can get it from her when I talk to her and whoever wants it can send a private message to me.

Hi girls,

Sitting here not sure what to do with myself. I am waiting for a phone call from my DD to let me know what they are doing with Kinsey. She is at the pediatricians office, and Manda expects them to admit Kinsey. She had not had any fluids since yesterday, nor had she pottied. But on the way to the Dr. she spotted a bottle of Water that Manda had been drinking on her way home in the car, and she wanted it---she guzzled the remainder of the bottle, and they stopped at a convenience store, and bought her another bottle of water---and she was still drinking on it when they took her back to the exam room. Now I sit and wait to hear what they are going to do. Thank you so much....for your prayers and your support. I find myself in a strange position, of lacking in support for this right now. I hate calling my Mom, or MIL, simply because they would be in the same boat, sick with worry---I want to spare them until I can not keep it from them. My best friend here is in Houston at a work conference...and my other closest friend is in Salt Lake City at a huge RV show (they provide RV's for rent, so are there buying). I have other friends here---but it wasn't the same...guess it is easier to type and cry than talk and cry. I also think I am simply afraid to say the words---it is so scary. Manda was thrilled with her drinking, she said they may still admit her to do a comprehensive follow through on the infection, but her drinking was a HUGE turning point. My DD is a nurse...so I am having faith she knows.

Anyway I am rambling----sorry! Huge Hugs, and Huge thanks!

Yes if you get an address on Blue---please forward it to me.

Kat

KAT: HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! reading about your grandbaby had my heart pounding! I hope they admit her and get her infection down. Thank goodness your daughter is a nurse!

Me again! Got the girlie home again---she has been munching grapes---which is a major relief! The pediatrician gave her 2 different antibiotics...I should have paid more attention to what they were---but didn't. One is a long acting broad spectrum that should keep the infection from flaring back up again. The second is the same oral antibiotic they give for oral herpes infection--even though the culture showed negative for the virus. She said within 2 applications it should dry up the blisters, it will also cause her mouth to be dry, which will make her drink---double good. She swabbed her mouth in the office thoroughly the kids said, and already when she got here, her breath was noticably better---she could run you out of the room before! They gave her the mouthwash--which she is not really old enough to understand how to do yet...but will try. It is half Benadryl liquid and half Maalox. The Maalox coats the blisters, and the Benadryl shrinks them. And they gave her Liquid Lortab, so she can ease the pain caused by eating and drinking---and it has worked so far...she is drinking Water, and eating grapes.

She has to see the Dr. again if she does not urinate by 3 today...if she does, she doesn't go back until in the morning.

All in all, it is looking up---she is not as listless---she has moved on to grumpy which is always a good sign!!!

It is a good thing they are getting aggressive, her Mama was just about to blow! She had already lost down, she weighed in at 18.2 pounds this morning, dressed in her jammies. In December at her 2 year appointment, she was an even 20 pounds....so she has lost. We all would if we didn't eat or drink!

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate your concern and prayers, more than I know how to say!

Kat

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Just read your posts Kat...how scary! Thank God Kinsey is doing better today. Will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Sorry to hear about Bluehill, Betty, please send her my love and good wishes for her quick recovery. Yikes.....what next for our little group????

Roberta

I just got back a little bit ago from checking on Kinsey. She is, I am happy to report, a grouchy little gal!! She has continued to drink Water, and eat grapes off and on all day. She has also slept a lot---due to the pain meds. The pediatrician said if all she wants for a couple of days is water, and grapes, that will be fine---that the Fluid is the big issue. She has went potty--which was a biggie.

This Granny is saying big prayers of thanks---and thanks all of you for yours as well!!!

Hugs,

Kat

That IS a relief!! I know she is not out of the woods, yet, but maybe you can breathe a little now. Much love!

Kat: Im glad that Kinsey is doing better. The little ones are always strong so she will be fine in no time!

Blue: I hope you are doing much much better and that you will be running around soon. Hughs

I will pray for both of you!

now some news! the Italian guy didnt work out because I hated how he was bitting his nails and loudly eating popcorn in the movies. I know I sound neurotic, but if I dont have any chemistry with a person (and I dont mean it in sexual way) everything buggs me on that person:-) Never mínd I know that there are great guys just round the corner:-)

Ok I finally started following the advice from my trainer:-) She told me to eat something sweet for Breakfast, in order to boost up the metabolism...I didnt believe her much and also I was scared cause Im sugar addict:-)And I was afraid that I will have cravings the whole day, yep first couple days were like that and I did eat chocolate (dark 52% cocoa) in the afternoon, but hey sometimes its just that way.

So today I weighted after being stuck for like 2 weeks on the same weight and finally Im down one pound:-)

So her system works, Im much hungrier during the day and so I have to have small Snacks with me all the time, but its just a signal that my metabolism is working great!

Im happy, although you probably all know it, I descovered it just now:-)

So if any of you hits plateu try starting your day with something sweet - eg.biscuits with sugar but low fat or even some Cookies are good. I eat like 1,5 oz. in the morning:-)

I wish you all the best and waiting for your news!!

Great news Eficka! Maybe I should try something sweet too!

Kat and Bluehill... I hope you are both okay.

I am travelling (again) to MTL... so I may be out of touch for a while!

Blessings to all of you!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/199/179

exercise this month=15 sessions

Hi All sorry to hear about all our ups and downs going on, good on you Eva for flicking a guy you are not interested in, the one is out there for you.

I am in San Fran for the next two nights for work againm I have been working out hard and swimming at the beach (well just floating in the Water to be truthful), so am feeling good! There is a great gym here with tv's in the treadmill so I am looking forward to working out tomorrow

Love to you all, and best wishes to Bluehill, hopefully we can get some more info soon

XX Amourette