Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TGIF NJ chat!

Beanie-Wow you were up late last night too! I didn't fall asleep until 3AM I landed p playing pogo and then reading. Before I knew it it was 3AM!!!

Betty-I do the same thing all the time I always pittle around and then I have to rush I hate that. That stinks about your electric bill. Do you have only electric heat?

Mary-Glad your little ones are better.

Eileen-Howdy I'm so glad spring is on it's way!!

I can't finish reading or writting gtg..love you guys

Hi All!

Mary, hope your little guy is doing better! My nephew has pneumonia right now too. There sure is a lot of nasty stuff going around right now!

Eilene, I make those egg things for my easter egg hunt every year. They're always a huge hit. The only difference is I put a small pillsbury biscuit (the ones that come in the tubes) in the bottom of the muffin pan first and then top with the other stuff. I have to use the jumbo muffin pans or they overflow. Hmm... I'm going to try them without the bread. Much more band friendly!

Mandy, glad your foot is healing up! That queso dip sounds awesome. We aren't having a superbowl party but I'm going to have to try that sometime. What size block of velveeta do you use? And what are rotels? I've never heard of them. :guess

Kat, I hope your trip is going well!

Cindy, that Valentine's gift doesn't sound weird to me at all. My DH would be in heaven if I got him a huge box of sausage.

Betty, enjoy the Superbowl!

Irene, I'll be training for 2 weeks total. Yup - it's the same job I had when I stopped working 6 years ago, so this is pretty much a refresher course. They're making me sit through hospital orientation again, which is a two day course this Monday and Tuesday. I get to learn all about the history of the nuns who started the hospital. Oh joy! :P

Dianne, Pogo is my addiction. If I start playing at 11pm I know I'll be up till 3 in the morning. I love playing Texas Hold Em. What's your favorite game?

Sherry, are you staying warm?

Darcy, you're so crafty! I'd love to learn how to sew.

I know I've missed some of you but I have to get moving. Stay warm everyone!

This pogo thing...do you pay for it? I just played a game with valentine's candy of all things hahaha. Figured since I'm not suppose to eat it that I can aleast make it dissappear calorie free on me hahaha

Things are FROZEN here in NE. Went to bring my car to the dealership for work and DH slid down the driveway standing up lol. Of course he loved that and me I'm worried about throwing out my back. Babysteps I had to take but made it lol. Found out this service is gonna hit the wallet...ewwww. Nuttin wrong with the car just scheduled maintenance. For over $400 they better be "Pimping my ride" hahaha.

My Reiki friend and I are headed to the spiritual store today. She wants to pick up some cards...I think I'll look at some books and music. I have to say everyone who has come into my office at work has loved my CD I've been playing hahaha. They keep saying how nice it is in there...maybe some of this calmness is rubbing off on them aye? All I know is I'm feeling so much better spiritually that I'm sticking with it :P DH and his bro are at my friend's (same one) working on her spare room...sheetrock, plastering. Yeap my DH is a jack of alot of trades...thank goodness. Anywho...gotta go get ready as she's on her way over.

Ohh yea I can breath!!!! Still coughing a little but, breathing is heavenly lol. Hopefully I'll get back here for personalize things for my buddies. I don't know what I'd do with ya peeps. Love ya! Have a beautiful, relaxing, day!

Ann, I use the big block of velveeta (the geneic actually) rotels are chopped tomatos with rotel peppers in them, they come in mild and hot. I use the mild, when the kids are going to eat the dip, the hot when it's just the adults.

Cindy, I am going to try the BBQ Sauce with the cranberries, that sounds yummy. ~Mandy

Mary, so sorry about Cristian...hopefully the antibiotics will kick in real soon, and he'll start feeling better. Take care.

Anne, you survived! I know it's gonna take some "gettin' used to" as we say in Texas. I'm a Pogo addict, too. I only like games I can play by myself...I guess I'm anti-social about games. I feel like there is too much pressure when I play with other people. I gues that's why...I just like the single player games better....they seem more relaxed to me.

Sherry, I pay a fee each month, but it's not very much, like 6.95 or something. It keeps me from wandering around the online stores buying stuff, so it's a savings, actually!

I've gotta get dressed up tonite. We are going to a dinner thing...DD is at my dad's and they are going out to eat and stuff...we never dress up and go anywhere, so it ought to be a nice evening, if only because it's different!

Everyone have a good evening...see ya tomorrow!

Cindy

Hey Guys...

Mary...wow... hope those antibiotics get your little guy feeling better soon!

Dianne... Wowza girl... hope you must be all badged up at PoGo! I have to admilt... it is a fun and addictive place to play!

Sherry... I am so glad you are feeling better! If you can make your office a place of peace then you are going to live forever girl! Everyone wants a little piece of peace in their lives... and to master having that at work is really a big deal!

Mandy... If you want to keep enjoying that dip... definitely DON'T read "You on a Diet"...lol. Those two fellas really know how to ruin a good burger and fries...lol.

Cindy... I know whatcha mean about playing the games alone. I play with the computer guys as much as possible with two or more player games. Working on the badges really yanks me out of my comfort zone into games with other peeps... but I wander back into my lonely cave when the badge is won...lol.

Anne... Hearing you talk about going back to work ALMOST makes me want to go back................................ NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :P Have fun learning about the Nuns. :) Hope your nephew gets better soon!

Well... Bad day with food... BUT... today was my distance day on the treadmill so I burned 500 calories in 65 minutes and went a total of 3.75 miles... if it weren't for the pain I'd think I was dead...lol. ANyhoo... think my treadmill is going to kick the bucket... *sigh* Hope it holds out for at least one more month!

Catch y'all Later...

I did get my adjustment yesterday and my DH got to watch. The doc had me swallow barium so DH could see how open the band was, then he filled it, and had me swallow, told hubby that the barium would flow through much slower, and it didn't go at all, I told him I was toooo tight, it was sitting in my throat. He took some out and the contrast started to flow a bit, I drank my 16 oz of Water and I was on my way. Hubby, thought it was cool bat doesn't want to go and watch again. I have a layer of scar tissue over my port so it took some wiggling to get the needle in, but it finally popped into the port, I am a bit sore and have a nasty bruise today, but it will fade. At least if I wear a half shirt and sandels my bruises with match. LOL. I am going to make pasketti for dinner, anyone want to join me? ~Mandy

Hello Everyone,

What a long day, two parties and lots of food....needless to say i ate like a pig. OINK I'm so glad I am not going to any stupidbowl game parties tomorrow.... I am such a weakling when theres food.< /p>

Mary, hope your DS is feeling better, poor baby.

I'm tired ladies, I'll talk more tomorrow. :P Luv Yah !!!

Hey All

Saturday, Blessed Saturday!

Friday my day was hectic enough that I never got to take a lunch... After work I went to the gym (first 2 miles for February!!) and then spent some quality time with my most beloved.

Today, I had a hot date with a couple of co-workers to craft. They scrapped, I beaded. It was great fun. A crafty time was had by all.

So, here I am... finally checking in with y'all.

Betty - You all ready for the Big Game? I never watch that football stuff, myself... but I might tune in to see some of the commercials!

Mary - Poor Christian! Hope he starts to feel better, soon!

Eileenie - that recipe sounds great - like a baked omelett, sort of. Mmmm. Hugs!! You rest up, now...

Cindy - Gosh - look at that signature line... only 3 pounds to Onderland! Go, Cindy, Go!!! While a sample of sausage might not be the standard banner of romance, I am sure your DH will be touched that you went to the trouble. Gifts made with true love in your heart are always romantic. Ooo - and you have a hot date with your hubby!! Hope you guys are having a great time!

Mandy - mmmmm. Cheeseburger con queso sounds like a winner. meat & cheese? Oh, yeah, Baby! My DH has never seen the fill process. The Surgery Center isn't set up like that. Hope the fill get's you to the sweet spot. :]

Darcy - I feel you on the food, thing. I have been having LOTS of bad days with food... It's very sad. But at least I am not gaining. Just not losing a darned pound. Maybe I will do liquids for a couple of days before my annual checkup! :0 Hope your dreadmill holds up...

Sherry - So glad you are feeling better! Hope that calm feeling lasts for you, too. Hugs!

Diane - yeah, I am a night owl. It's nice that I get to work pretty late hours at my job - 9:30 to 6:30. I was on my way to bed when I posted, though. :]

Anne - So, can you read a book or something during the 2 day hospital orientation? Yikes! I would have a hard time staying awake during a training that I had already had - especially if it is less than thrilling the first time thru... :]

Well - DH is giving me THAT look - so I guess we will be turning in early tonight...

TTL!

xo

Hello Ladies! How are you all doing on Superbowl Sunday!? Does anyone have anything fun planned today?

Last night, my fiance took me out for my birthday and we went to a hafla! For those of you who might not know, a hafla is a belly dancing performance with dinner! It was such a great time, even though their heater wasnt working!!!

I did want to get your input on something...Friday night I was hanging out with some friends and we were having a few drinks (which may or may not be the cause of my problem...). Near the end of the night I started to feel very very bloated, like I had to make a bowel movement, and I tried a few times, nothing happened...it started to get very painful and uncomfortable. Alright, so I went to sleep and then next morning (yesterday) the pain and discomfort were still there, i tried a few gas x strips, no luck, drinking Water, flushing my system so to speak and I still felt horrible. I had a few bowel movements throughout the day, but the pain was still there in my lower stomach. Finally last night, Joe, got me some Correctal, and when I woke up this morning "everything came out." I guess that is the way to say it?

What I am wondering is if anyone else has had similiar problems with lower stomach pain, Constipation and such? Was the drinking my mistake? I had one small carbonated beverage, the other drinks were martinis..I really want to avoid this in the future!!!

Thank you ladies and Go Bears!!! Yay!

Hi Cass,

I know I don't go regularly like I used to and there were a few days since surgery that I felt really bloated. I tried the Ex-lax but even with that not much happened lol. Think about the food you ate...was it out of the norm, really salty? the alcohol probably didn't help matters if you haven't drank in a while not because of the alcohol in it but the sugars. I'm glad you're feeling better though.

Just got done cleaning house even though there is more to do I'm retired for the day. Nothing like working hard to clean it only to have two guys in your life flop things down where they don't belong so I'm giving up. Of course I say this but knowing my BIL and SIL are coming over and my SIL and I will be stuck in the office while the guys watch the football game...means I have to YET AGAIN clean the futon of crap that's not mine. It seems to be the local drop off for the biggest guy in the house. Hmmm it might end up on his side of the bed to do something with....then again why bother cause I'll end up having to clean it GRRRRRRRRRR. I think this is one of the only things that gets my goat! I have to BEG for help and even then I have to remind the guys they said they'd help. unreal...oh well....spose I'll take a breather and get my ars cleaning this crap up yet again. Ever get the feeling that's all you do on weekends is clean? So work 50-55 hours a week and come home and do more....Can ya tell I'm not peaceful today lol. I'll get there....just needed to vent a little first lol. I know I'm not the only one that goes through this but I wanted to let you gals know it's not just you either lol.

Hmmm looking over...seeing the fish tank is getting cleaned...hmmmm...guess I'll stop complaining about the futon huh? lmao Rather pick up coats, sweatshirts, tools, books, magazines, socks from the futon than pickup fish poop lmao (God works in mysterious ways to remind us to shut up huh? hahaha)

Happy Birthday Cass! It's today, right? And Happy early B-day to Mandy. I'm a Feb baby too! And in good company! :confused:

I was away this weekend for a convention for my charity group. i didn't want to go because I was tired, but I had a lot of fun! My cough is still hanging on, and I may end up going back to the docs this week. We'll see I guess.

I've read all the posts, but just don't have the energy for personals. Next time! I still have to clean and cook (hear ya Sherry!). My family invited themselves over for the Superbowl. I know I'm going to regret my TV purchase! lol

I took a new pic with my cell phone this weekend. Thought I'd post for Beanie since I think she asked back when. For some reason all the pics I take with my cell phone make me look like I have a huge nose! Go figure. So here's what I look like friends:

post-208325-1381313460092_thumb.jpg

Chris, you look great. I don't think the picture makes you nose look big at all. You are very pretty. ~Mandy

How sweet you all are to worry about me!!! I am home---we actually come in late last night, but had a Superbowl party planned, and I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready. Done and behind me, a good time was had by all. We used to always go to some friends house, but there was always tons of alcohol around---and now that we have the next generation running around, we decided to have our own good time. We had all the kids, and their kids, and some friends in---they had some beer, the rest of us drank iced tea, and soda. We enjoyed it a lot---I am glad however to be home --- sitting!!!

Darcy---I logged a total of 27 miles in January.

Mary--I am so glad you took your little guy to the Dr.---hope he is on the mend! Volunteering will enrich you in so many ways---I'm proud of you!

Chris---beautiful picture!!!

Well sorry all you Bears fans----was kind of a ho-hum game for us, we had no real strong feelings one way or another. In fact, until I read about all of you wanting the Bears to win, I was very vociferously going for the Colts. Remember my niece that was such a snot over the pictures at Christmas? She is a huge Bears fan, and in one day inundated my email box with 87 emails all saying things about the Bears, and dogging DH's team (Broncos---we lived in Denver for years!!). I eventually blocked her!!! So I just had to hope they didn't---then you all wanted them to win---so I just refused to take sides!!! I just watched football to get to the commercials!

We had quite the trip to Denver---over 350 miles of snowpacked, icy roads. We got there and spent the remainder of the day holed up in the hospital, with my SIL. When we left, having to take another niece to get her son, we left in a huge blizzard...in the middle of rush hour...in down town Denver! Between the roads, the traffic, the accidents causing multiple detours....to get home took us over 3 hours! Our windshield wipers froze to the windshield! Then we woke up to horrid noise on Friday----70 mph wind gusts---with a sustained wind speed of 50-55 mph. Blowing snow so thick, you could not see. We finally made it to the hospital, to bring my SIL home...and had a big dinner with the rest of the family, played some Mexican Train dominos....and had a good time. Our drive home, was better, still snow packed on the mountain passes...but nothing like the trip up. Wolfcreek, one of the mountain passes we have to go over, has over 110 inches last I heard----they have the road side reflectors stacked 2 high---and they were buried in the snow........with the fresh snow on the road, it looked like you were in a tunnel---wild looking, I videotaped it all the way over! We did really well, only kicked our 4WD drive in a couple of times the whole weekend---glad I got new tires tho!!!

Mandy--glad the foot is on the mend, hope your fill works wonders.

I have 1/2 a pound to go---and I am no longer obese. Now after the chips and queso---it may be more!!! Once I finally get to the "overweight" category, then I only have a few pounds to go until Onederland---then several more and I will make the 100 pounds lost. You would think with all these cool goals, I would have lots of motivation---but it is hard to stay focused.

Sherry---I'd choose most things over the aquarium cleaning---every now and then DH and I will think about an aquarium, and that holds us back---we are so lazy!

Cassie---I am glad you feel better---not sure if alcohol will do that or not, but glad you feel better.

Dianne--you sound much better---glad to see you feeling better, and happier, family health issues, can get you down, I understand.

Anne---good luck in the orientation---poor you!

Beannie---sounds like a bunch of us are night owls!!! I wish DH went in to work later----his 5 AM kills me!!!

Cindy---how was the hot date with DH?

Betty--what goodies do you have for the superbowl party? My youngest DD makes a Queso dip, mmmmmm. The oldest DD, does hot wings, but they are HOT! So this year she made some with a honey BBQ for me and the kids!!!

I did pulled pork bbq sandwiches, and we had lots of chips, and dips, and sweets of course....there was tons of food, and I sent leftovers with everyone---they were not allowed to leave without some!

Sorry if I missed some of you---my brain is fried!

Well it is late, I am tired. It was a quick trip to and from Denver...but worth it. Tomorrow I have to go "Discuss" a few things with a local guy who ran through my FIL's field fence. He just drove off, but a neighbor got his license, and "name" when he was trying to unstick his truck. Well the name was a fake...but we tracked him down. He called later and cussed my 80 year old FIL up one side and down the other---finally agreeing to come and fix the fence today. Well guess who never showed up. So tomorrow, I intend on going to the Sheriff's office, then to visit with him. JERK!!! He told the neighbor his name was Randy Pierce...and he worked for Aztec Welding. In reality his name is Jan (pronounced Yon) Pearson, and he owns a local business called New Mexico Metal Art. I want a deputy present when I inform him, that if he EVER calls and curses at these old people again, he will face assault charges!

Wish me luck....DH wants me to wait and let him handle it on Wed. when he has the afternoon off---but it needs done now.

Off to bed! Missed you guys!

Kat