Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TGIF NJ chat!

Hello Everyone! I found you guys! How are you all doing? I am so happy that is February! It has always been a good month for me, cuz its my birthday!!! Yay! However, it lands on SuperBowl Sunday this year, oh well! Go Bears! How is everyone doing??

Cass, Happy early b-day. My big day is the 8th. Next year is the big 30 for me....UGH!!!

This year we are going to Celebrate valentines and my b-day at the same time. I am getting shoes for my b-day from my hubby. I always get cash from my MIL and my mom, that's going towards new stuff for my kitchen. I need new silverware and a new coffee maker. That's where the b-day money is going this year. Last year it was converted into Disney dollars and used in March for fun stuff at Walt Disney World. This year we have postponed our trip until Sept. We usually do the family trip in the spring and just Hubby and I go in the fall. This year we are doing the family thing in the fall and Abi and I are going to WV for spring break (my sister lives there and I spent a few years there growing up). We are not doing Disney twice this year, the house needs a new roof so that's where the vacation fund is going.

I did about 10 miles this month, before surgery. My goal for next month is 25 miles. I was down 2 weeks with my foot, so that seems like a reasonable goal to me. I walk Abi to the bus stop and then walk down to pick her up each day, that is almost 6 blocks right there, 5 days a week. Then I walk on the weekend to check the mail and when it's dry I walk the dogs everyday. That's a huge benefit of having high energy dogs, they LOVE to walk.

I am off to bed, I need rest. I have a fill schedualed at 1 tomorrow. I'll check in tomorrow. ~Mandy

Evening!

The fickle wireless signal is strong enough to play tonight! Wahoo!

Cindy - Did you go out to Jason's? The snow didn't stick down Allen way....

Darcy - alas - I did not add any miles for February, yet, either... I am enjoying another night of slugging out. It's just too cold to go outside!

Betty - I am huddled under a blanket up here... BBBBRRRRRRRRRR.

Sherry - What are we going to do about your PCP? Sheesh! Oh well. Congrats on the BP meds. Hope you can drop them all together!

Cass - Happy Birthday!! I used to have the Superbowl Birthday when they had it at the end of January. The last time the Bears went to the Superbowl was on my 21st Birthday.

Mandy - Good Luck with your fill. Don't you fret about your age. You are going to be thinner than I was when I turned 30... :]

Well - it's pumpkin time for me, too. Hugs and Love!

Irene

Good Morning Y'all!

Now, let's make this official!

TGIF!

Now, it's February and Friday!:) :mad: :)

Now, if this cold weather would just go away and warm come in it would make me a happy camper!:):D I don't know about you other gals, but our electric bill went up to $500 this month because of this weather, another reason to want it to go!

The Bears and Colts for the Superbowl is great! I love both teams, and it's hard to pick one. I was definately a Bears fan before I was a Colts fan, and I might be a little partial to them, but I am just happy they both are there!

I use to know all the names of the players on the Bears but not anymore.

We used to have a Superbowl party every year, in fact we had one last year. I am not planning to this year but who knows. I hate it that they have it on Sunday late at night. If they want Sunday, let it be in the afternoon! Although Saturday would be much better since we all work on Monday mornign.

Gosh, I have already used up all my time and I haven't even said any personals. :) I guess I will have to catch up later! I am still in my gown, and it's almost time to leave! Gosh, I wish this was Saturday!

TGIF

my days have been so messed up since this week. I am staying home with Cristian today plus there is no school for either of them today. I am more or less going to play hookey.. Cristian is doing alot better - no fever last night and he was only up twice and slept through. Not much planned for today going to see and hear how he is when he wakes up. I still have to call to work and let the boss man know I am not coming in.. I also sometime today need to make a run to Ft. Collins and put some money in my account before it goes into OD.

Sherry that is such good news on the BP medicine..

For you Texas Gals - stay safe and warm. It was cold here last night and I do mean cold. I put extra blankets on the bed and let the kids sleep in my room.

Betty - $500.00 OMG and I complain when it is over $80.00.

Cindy - Did you stay in or go after all?

Darcy - You make it sound so easy to quilt. I freak when I have to sew a button on. I remember I did 1mile next month I'll do better - K

Cassie- Hi there

Patty - how are you doing? Any word yet?

Irene - you can get back on track tonight.. You always do

Mandy - Take advantage of resting. Before you were always on the go go

Eileen - I see you!! Is today the day.. OH how right you are-- please no shadow, no shadow... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well better get myself ready for the day - Little one is awake and I can hear him coughing again. Darn it

HONEY I'M HOME :mad:

Did yah miss me........ NOT LOLOL

Happy Punxsutawney Phil Day !!!!! The little basturd (yes turd) better not see his shadow today.

Happy Birthday Cassandra :)

I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

:)

Hi again,

I'm trying to read up on y'all.... Here's the egg muffin recipe...its under the food section of LBT.... "Low Carb Recipies"

Egg Muffins

Spray w/Pam a 12 hole muffin pan, put crumbled cooked sausage or cut up ham or bacon or whatever you like in the cups. Some broccoli or spinach or asparagus would be good too. Add grated cheese, cheddar or montery jack or swiss. Don't over fill it w/the meat & cheese, like about 1/2 way or 3/4 at most. Beat 8 eggs with lt cream or half and half, just a splash and spoon egg mixture into the cups. Bake 350 degrees, maybe 15 minutes or so, you'll see them start to brown.

The possibilities are endless, you can add any kind of cheese, meat or veggies, they are wonderful to freeze. In the mornings I like to grab one or two out of the freezer and by the time I get to work they are defrosted and ready to heat.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!

NOOO you can't fill them with chocolate... well okay maybe you can *EVIL GRIN*

Thanks for the egg muffin recipe...I wonder...what if you did the mini-muffin pan, would they be kinda like those little quiches you get frozen at Sams? But the no-carb version? Hmmmm.

I wimped out and decided not to drive down to Denton. I am a fearless crusader in many ways, but driving in bad conditions is, alas, not one of them. I'm sure I would have been okay, but something in me cannot convince myself that it is worth the risk. Sorry for missing it, Jules. Please report on it...who was there?

Mandy, glad you are starting to feel better. Don't you just hate when the daily things interfere with vacation money? Dang it. I don't think we are going to Maine this summer, for a similar reason.

Cass, I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to say it again, but happy birthday! Hope you are doing well, and have fun on Sunday!

Hey, Eileen...I'm making your famous Spinach Dip for the Super Bowl "party" at my house this Sunday (DH, DD, FIL and me!). I'm also making what we call the Tom Landry Memorial cheese Dip (Velveeta, Ro-tel tomatoes and sausage)...maybe some chicken wings, too. I don't really have a favorite team between the Colts and the Bears; I like both teams. I'll just pull for whoever has the ball. And Prince is the halftime show? That should be, er, interesting. I love his music, but Prince and NFL just don't often find themselves in the same sentence.

DD is home "sorta sick" today. Sore throat, touchy tummy...headache. No fever. She's just laying in bed, watching movies. It is still snowing a little here, it actually piled up on the grass, maybe an inch or so. Wow, right? I love looking at it.

Sherry, you take care of yourself and that cold. You've had it sooo long! Maybe that burst of energy was a sign that it was "breaking" and leaving you?

I'm going to check on DD. I'll check back in a while...take care, everyone!

Darcy, did you get my miles? I think you did; they are in my signature line.

Hugs to all!

Cindy

Cindy, I make a very similar dip, it's a block of velveeta, a cup of cream or milk, 1/2 packet of taco seasoning, a can of rotels, 1/2 pound of ground beef and I top it with cilantro and fresh onions...yum! It's a huge hit with my family, we call it cheese burger con queso. (stole the idea from Red Robin) You can also add more ground beef and balck Beans and then wrap it in tortillas, drizzle the cheese mixture over the top and bake, make really great queso roll-ups. Another crock pot recipie I make is a jr of chili sauce (find it by the ketchup) and equal amounts of grape jelly, mix until melted and add meatballs, or coctail weenies. Also good to serve the sauce with chicken, it's like a sweet and sour bbq. Those are my superbowl foods for this year, we are going to my sisters house and that's what I am bringing. ~Mandy

Hey guys... did Kat go on a trip or something???? Just isn't like her to not pop in and say hi? Miss Kat??????????????????????? WHere are ya????

Kat was taking her MIL to Denver, if I remember right. She was talking about the bad weather and they were putting new tires on and everything. Does that ring any bells?

Mandy, I do that meatball thing, too, but I use cocktail weiners (okay, that just looks wrong when you put in writing! LOL!). I also use a combo of barbeque sauce and whole berry cranberry sauce, and use that in the crockpot with meatballs. That's yummy, too.

Sherry, earlier you asked about Valentine's gifts for our sweeties. Mine is odd, but good for my guy. I saw on Road Tasted this sausage company in Missouri that made great stuff, so I ordered a big sampler package (I got to choose 6 types of sausages) for him. I think it was called Swiss Sausage or something like that, but you can find it on the food Network website, then you have to go to their show, and then to the MO episode. Not that easy to find, but I finally found it. He'll be surprised! Pretty romantic, huh?

More food talk: right now I have a pork loin roast in the oven and smells soooo good. Then I am making a dish called Ruby Pears, which are pear halves cooked in the oven in a sauce of cranberry sauce (whole berry) and cinnamon and some other things....I love fruit dishes like that. If it's good and anyone is interested, I'll write out the recipe.

MMMMM...the pears sound yummy! I'd like that recipe please. :)

Eileen... thanks for the egg muffin recipe... that one sounds good to!

THanks for the heads up on Kat gals... I somehow missed that total post... must have had a TIA while reading that day...lol.

Okay... going to post our miles then per her last one on her signature line... Kat... if you have more to add... I'll edit the total.

Total January Jersey Journey Miles = 117.5 miles!!!!! Woo Hoo!

Update - took Cristian to the Doc today -- Good thing, he has Pnemonia

He is on antibiotics for now and we just need to keep doing what I was doing all week.

Will post later...