Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC '06 ~ February Chat

Thanks Faybie!! I actually thought I'd post them here too for the rest of my ABC bunch to see :D The first is May 2006 and the other one is yesterday I've gone from a 24 to a 16 in pants!! Anyone else have pics to share with the group?? I love pics!!

post-209185-13813134606735_thumb.jpg

post-209185-13813134606979_thumb.jpg

You look amazing Jamie!

I have a confession to make. I've been staying away from the group because I'm very discouraged at my current weight loss. I had lost to 40 pounds down and as of this morning I was back to 36 down. It's driving me crazy. I just started going to Water aerobics so I'm finally getting steady exercise three days a week but I'm still very discouraged and wish I was posting 60 and 70 pounds down at this point. A friend of mine did the Optifast diet starting in October and has lost more then me in less time. I need to pull my head out of my butt and strap down I guess.

You girls are all doing great!

Josette,

Don't get discouraged!! I had a point where I started gaining too but you just have to take a good look at what you are eating and able to eat, maybe you need a fill or maybe just better food chioces, for me it was the choices I was making (ice cream and chocolate go down too easy lol) I started a food journal and I did it for only 3 days before I saw the big problem. I started eating more Protein like cheese and special K protien bars and I cut the sweets back out and I immediately saw a 4 lbs drop. You can do it you just have to identify what could be the problem, and dont be affraid to talk to your doctor or bariatric nurse thats what they are here for! Of course you always have us too :D

Josette,

Hang in there and by all means don't stay away from us. We're all here to support one another, it's not a competition. As for your friend on Optifast, remember that you lost your weight for good!!!!

Jamie, you look awesome!!! I'd love to post some before and during pics, however, I completely avoided the camera when I'm at my heaviest. So, I'm gonna have a hard time finding before pics.

Josette:

You are doing great!!! I have hit several plateaus and then actually started gaining some weight. Each time, I kept a journal for a few days, then looked at what I was eating and realized I needed a fill.

Try keeping a food journal. I know it will remind you of your previous dieting attempts, but this time just look at what you are eating, not the amounts. Once you have journaled for a few days, review everything you have eaten. If you have made mostly smart choices, I would say it is probably time for a fill. If you have made some bad choices, try and make the necessary changes (we are here to help).

Don’t stay away from us just because you don’t think you are losing the “correct” amount of weight. Remember, there is not a “correct” amount of weight as we are all different.

Hang in there, and remember we are all here for you.

Steph

I love you guys. You're the best. I just am tired of all the disappointment I get from family and friends. They ask how much I've lost and then look at me like I'm the weight loss reject because I haven't dropped 100 pounds in 6 months. I wish I had never told a soul!

Believe it or not I get those same looks even when I say I've lost 63 lbs in 6 months. People think the surgery is some kind of miracle, like we are soposed to come out of it model thin in just months...take your time with it and when people ask just say you're doing well and that you are proud of your progress, which you should be! :)

That's the same reason I didn't want to tell anyone. I didn't want to feel like a lap band poster child. Unfortunately my husband and parents couldn't keep their mouths shut. Eh, you just roll with it. We know what it's all about. That's what matters.

Hey guys! I wanted to post this for all of you who get depressed when you plateau!

I have not lost a single pound in 2 and a half weeks. I took some quick measurements today running out of the door to work and I am down:

1" in my hips

1.5"s in my waist

.5" in my chest

I didn't have time to do my arms and legs. I will take inches in place of pounds any day!!!! Keep your chin up if you are plateauing, your body is still working for you in different ways!!

P.S. that puts me down 2" in my hips from 01/07/07 (barely over a month).

I have not lost a pound since last month but a size 14 jacket and pants that barely fit last month fit just fine today. My working with weights is reshaping by body and as long as that is happening I'm happy.

Hey guys! I wanted to post this for all of you who get depressed when you plateau!

I have not lost a single pound in 2 and a half weeks. I took some quick measurements today running out of the door to work and I am down:

1" in my hips

1.5"s in my waist

.5" in my chest

I didn't have time to do my arms and legs. I will take inches in place of pounds any day!!!! Keep your chin up if you are plateauing, your body is still working for you in different ways!!

P.S. that puts me down 2" in my hips from 01/07/07 (barely over a month).

bumping back up. Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. You're great! I've finally started working out. I started Water aerobics last week and I started using my new fitness ball with "fitness ball for dummies" workout dvd. That thing worked my legs like you don't even know!!! I'm still having a horrible time with eating sweats. I've been depressed and trying to stay away but it's hard!

I love you guys. You're the best. I just am tired of all the disappointment I get from family and friends. They ask how much I've lost and then look at me like I'm the weight loss reject because I haven't dropped 100 pounds in 6 months. I wish I had never told a soul!
That's one of the reasons why I didn't tell anyone, I'm sooo glad that its my secret

I ate 3 chocolates yesterday. It's was Valentine's Day for goodness sakes! Being banded did not mean we are forever forbidden from eating certain foods, we just have to be careful about it. I actually have eaten a spoonful or two of rice and had a few sips of Coke here and there and have been okay, but if I eat or drink more I know it will hurt.

Meanwhile, the scale is finally moving again. I have lost 4 pounds this month!!!

Confession: I've eaten 3 slices of chocolate torte and 5 chocolates. I feel so gross.

Carry on...