Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in February!

You know they always say that whatever questions YOU have, there may be someone else that has the same questions but are just not sure whether to ask them or not?...

wellllllll....thanks...I am having the same problem...I seem to want to eat a lot more lately...not really at a meal...but like I am craving something and can't quite figure out what it is that I want, so I have to try everything...I usually have more trouble in the evening (from 3 pm on...) It's frustrating, because I don't want to eat and I don't think it's really hunger...but I find myself nibbling on something and thinking, "I don't really need this", but TOO LATE>>>

Something that has helped me stay on track better is a website I found to keep a journal of my meals and what I am eating...It has really motivated me to keep up with it and actually SEE what I am eating and the nutritional values...it is www.my-calorie-counter.com It is FREE, but you can get more access if you pay the fee...it lets you put in what you ate and then will tell you how many calories, carbs, sugars, Protein, etc...that it has and will total up the day for you also...try it!!!

The good thing about having you guys is when we are feeling uneasy or unsure about the band, we can get on here and ask these questions, and usually there is someone else that is or has felt the same things...it helps put us more at ease that what we are doing is normal with everyone and not just ourselves...:rockon:

Dear Vlynn,

I feel like I wrote your message. I have the same food issues and I had a fill 2 weeks ago and I have not lost any weight. I too have been using my calorie counter and find it very useful to stay within a certain caloric range, but I still stray and want to eat everything lately. I hope we all try to stay on track. I am meeting witrh nutritionist on March 5th and then with Dr on the 8th well see how it goes.

NN32

Maurdan....glad it worked!! :lol:

VLynn.....I have 2 teenage boys, so no...I havent noticed ANY change in their eating habits! ;-) If anything its difficult for me to have dinner w/them b/c they wolf their food down in about 3 seconds flat and I'm stuck at the table trying to chew chew chew and wait in between bites! It makes it very difficult for me not to rush my meal.

COUGHING....guys....i've got a cold and am coughing a lot! Is this bad?? Am I in danger of doing any damage to my band? I know puking is bad for the band, but just wondering if coughing is just as bad??? Advice needed! Thanks!

I got a really bad cold about 2 weeks after surgery, and It was hell. I was sick and trying to adjust to foods and I was so sor from coughing I thought I was going to rupture the sutures or something. Try taking the cough medicine a little bit before your supposed to so you never hit the end of the cycle of medicine in your body helping to keep the cough at bay so you dont get sore. I'm no Dr, but it helped a bit.

NN32:omg:

I have good restriction, but my eating habits are piss poor. Tomorrow, I have decided to stick to only 3 meals and no snacking. I hope it helps. I didn't pay all this money to mess up again!

Kathy, I just got my 2nd fill too and can definitely feel a difference and am Soo happy about that! :) Its still been less than 24 hrs and I've only done liquids/mushies, but that "Hunger" feeling is gone and I'm thrilled!

I also found out that according to my Dr. I'm down 11 pounds since my last visit so YEAH ME!!!!! THAT made me feel good!!

So now I'm hoping to see the scales move again since they had stopped the last 3 weeks......hopefully you will too! I agree...its good to get back to the 'bandster way' :(

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent VABandster - I'm so happy for you, I can feel your excitement. I hope the weight drops off for you. Two more weeks before I get my 2nd fill, but I'm being really really good with my eating and still losing. I'm guessing after my 2nd fill I will just reduce the quantity. Man I'm soooooo proud of myself for sticking to the healthy food choices even though I don't have that much restriction. I'm still sticking with the High Protein Foods Fish, chicken breast with salad and vegies etc :)

Wishing you every success VABandster with this 2nd fill and I hope it stays satisfying for you. Maybe you have your "sweet spot"?

I have good restriction, but my eating habits are piss poor. Tomorrow, I have decided to stick to only 3 meals and no snacking. I hope it helps. I didn't pay all this money to mess up again!

Maurdan: Wishing you all the strength you need to get through your day with 3 meals and no snacking :) YOU GO GIRL!! YOU CAN DO IT :(

The Band is our tool, NOT the Solution, we still have to work it.

I have remind myself that everyday :) GOOD LUCK :)

Hello all,

I've haven't been on for awhile. I am having such a hard time. I can't get nothing down in the mornings but after about 12 pm or so, I can't stop eating. I am sooooo hungry I want to eat everything I see. I don't want to gain any weight back, so I'm obsessing over the darn food. HELP! I need encouraging words. Everyone else seems to say "well you wanted this, so deal with it" I need a positive note!

Lots of Luv- Alice

Banded 12/20/06

Fill 02/03/07-1cc

Dr. Huacuz- Tijuana, Mexico

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

weight.png

Alice, I understand what you are going through. Sometimes I need a head adjustment. Too bad we can't get a band for our head to section off a small part where no negative thought or self sabatoge can enter. All I can say is, this is a stage...it will pass. Don't let other people rain on your parade. They don't know what you are going through, and unfortunately, somtimes friends and family can be our worst enemies in this journey. They mean well, but sometimes they just don't understand what makes us tick.

Alice...I understand, too..."have been there, done that"...

Please don't let other people convince you that "you wanted this done, deal with it..."

It is an issue that is worth wondering about...It seems you have only had one fill (like me) and I am doing some of the same things...I really don't want anything in the morning, I seem to scarf down my lunch at noon, and by 3:00, I am feeling like I am starving to death (I teach school, so NOT snacking through the day is easier, because I can't eat in my classroom)...but boy howdy, when I get home, I am looking for something...anything...

I have started making sure that I have things to eat that if I need something to eat between meals, it is healthy and I like (cottage cheese, small fruit cups, PB crackers, veggies that I can grab like olives, little tomatoes, carrots, etc...) that way, I can eat something, but it's not going to give me a whole lot of extra calories either...

As far as eating too much of it, I just have to make myself say "this is all I can have..." Also, you may not be getting enough in during the morning time to keep your body from being hungry...I can usually tell that when I get the hungriest, I usually hadn't had much that morning...

This is what helps me...hope it helps

From what I have read, it will take a few fills to lose this "hungry" feeling...I am hoping so, because its getting harder and harder to convince myself that I don't need to eat anything...

I have finally realized my problem is totally head hunger. I rarely feel true hunger if I take the time to analyze why I want to eat.

So, battling this head hunger is the hardest part for me so far. I was really down about it all last week, but I'm feeling better and ready to tackle it all again.

This site has been so helpful, I don't know what I would have done without it!

I have finally realized my problem is totally head hunger. I rarely feel true hunger if I take the time to analyze why I want to eat. So, battling this head hunger is the hardest part for me so far. I was really down about it all last week, but I'm feeling better and ready to tackle it all again.

Maurdan - i agree!!!!!! head hunger is my biggest issue as well!

i haven't been on here in a while. and lately i've been feeling pretty down, so i wanted to pop on and see if i'm alone within the group of people who were also banded in and around the same time i was.

lately, i feel like i don't even have a band. i NEED NEED NEED to ge to get out of this rut. i hate feeling unsuccessful. i want to know what this restriction is SUPPOSE to feel like. that is the whole reason of getting the band right?????????

i look at other's month-to-month shots and they look SO different each time and have lost a good 10 or so lbs. each month......... not 2-5! or NOTHING. ugh.

i have the 10cc band and so far have a fill of 2cc's. i had an appt. for my 2nd fill yesterday, but doc unfortunately had a death in his family and had to cancel. so now i have to wait another week.

SO FRUSTRATED.... and my weight HAS NOT BUDGED in 2 weeks. anyone have similar issues? or any advice?????

Kathy, I just got my 2nd fill too and can definitely feel a difference and am Soo happy about that! Its still been less than 24 hrs and I've only done liquids/mushies, but that "Hunger" feeling is gone and I'm thrilled! I also found out that according to my Dr. I'm down 11 pounds since my last visit so YEAH ME!!!!! THAT made me feel good!! So now I'm hoping to see the scales move again since they had stopped the last 3 weeks......hopefully you will too! I agree...its good to get back to the 'bandster way' :)

hey, we have the same size band... i am happy to hear that you feel less hungry with your 2nd fill. congrats!

hello everyone ..

how r u .. & how is the band ..

i had my second fill 3 days before .. now i have 4 cc in the band ..

i feel a lot of restriction more than ever specially in the morning .. but i feel happy about that because the hunger is gone :) .. and i finally stick to my food plan :hungry: ..

and also I'm happy because the scale move again :)

i hope that every body is having a great time .. baaay

Well I go back to my dr tomorrow and I am hopeing for a slight 3rd fill I know I dont need much more but I am still able to eat too much and weight loss if very slow! Jill

Hi all - sorry I haven't posted for a long time. I had family in for a week and boy did that ever screw up my eating habits. I was doing so good, and its not really like I did HORRIBLE while they were here but I got into that STUPID grazing mode. I haven't lost anything in the past 2 weeks and I'm seriously thinking about a 2nd fill. I'm going to really try to work with my band this week and see if I lose then if not I'll call. Today I didnt' eat until about 10 and then it seemed like nothing looked good until 3 - I ate a half of a chicken salad sandwich and some cooked cabbage, 1/4 of an apple with Peanut Butter. I'm full at that and it should last until 7. I also wasn't exercising that week either so this past week I've gotten back into my 30 minutes on the treadmill. Still can't seem to push my butt out the door to ski tho.

When I talked with my PA about a 2nd fill (a couple weeks ago) he said I need to concentrate on more solid foods and he's more concerned on how long I stay sated then on how much I lose. Of course I'm more concerned on how much I lose!

good news is that I had a few compliments yesterday - that makes me feel good and my family could really tell the difference. I'm hoping that I've gained muscle and I'm more toned.

Have a happy sunday - ttys!

Hi all

It has been a long time since I have posted, just been busy. I also started going to the fitness center. I have arthritis in my knees and that makes it all really hard. Treadmill was painfull but I did find a machine where I sit and push against restriction with my legs and pull with my arms. It just feels so good to be able to do something physical. An added bonus is my husband joined with me so it is something we can do together, eventually we want to take dance classes. Hopefully that will be possible with less weight on my knees. I have so many incentives to get this weight off. My son just got engaged and the wedding will be in about a year. I keep picturing my husband and I dancing at the wedding reception whenever I think of eating something I shouldn't.

Not that it is all sunshine and flowers and I can relate to some of the obstacles some of you are working through. I really don't feel very much restriction at all after my first fill and my second is tomorrow and I hope it goes well. I leave in a week for TX for 10 days and I am worried about that being a problem as I will have very little choice in what is served.

Good to hear how all of you are doing. Hang in there it will all come together in the end.

wow I had to find this on the 3rd page! Wheres everyone?

I called for a 2nd fill today - I'm waiting to hear back from my PA - I hope he says I can come in tomorrow! I doubt it but it would be nice. I'm really in need of a fill. I overate so bad yesterday that I knew it has to mean I need a fill.

I'm still plodding away on the treadmill - I haven't been able to push my butt out in the cold to ski - maybe today.

Now that I bumped this up I hope you all keep it going. Talk to you soon.