Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in February!

I'm having issues with my fill. I have pb'd every day so far.

I don't think I'm overfilled, though. I honestly think I'm just eating too fast and taking bigger bites than I should. It doesn't happen until after the 4th or 5th bite. I thought with an overfill you couldn't even keep the first bite down.

Any advice?

Maurdan....try waiting a few minutes in between each bite to let it start to go through....and take smaller bites :mad: Your meal should take about 1/2 hr to eat. Sounds like you have good restriction though...thats what I'm hoping for on monday!!

So I took your advice, made my meal last 30 min and no urge to PB, no pain, nothing. THANK YOU!

I'm so glad it's me and not the fill. I just need to get it together and eat more slowly with smaller bites. It's going to be a challenge but tonight I proved I can do it.

Thanks again. :mad:

Hello...fellow bandsters...would like to join you in your Feb. Challenges...if you'll have me? I have a challenge of my own that I struggle with and that is drinking Water...I am not a fan of water...how do you guys make yourselves drink it (I am sure lots of you probably don't have to "make" yourself like I do) but are there any tricks or routines you would be willing to share with me?:spit:

I wonder for you is it the amount you have to drink or the taste?

As for the amount, try drinking a large cup first thing in the morning.

As soon as you can again after each meal (waiting the required 1-1.5 hours of course) Sip Water inbetween your meals as well as the large glasses. I keep a sipper cup with me all day. Before you know it you have got several large glasses down in the day.

If it's the taste, try adding some no calorie flavouring, like lime juice, lemon juice (here is australia we have diet cordial) a sweet Syrup flavouring. I believe usa has something similar cool aid? Check around your supermarkets and see what that have for diabetics in no sugar drink flavourings.

Hopefully this helps :mad: CHEERS and good luck :)

So I took your advice, made my meal last 30 min and no urge to PB, no pain, nothing. THANK YOU!

I'm so glad it's me and not the fill. I just need to get it together and eat more slowly with smaller bites. It's going to be a challenge but tonight I proved I can do it.

Thanks again. :mad:

Well Done - Congrats Maurdan :) Pleased you found a solution to the Problem. You just have to love sharing on the forum, someone will always help :mad:

Thanks Gerbera...I think it is more the taste than the idea of actually drinking it...I have never liked the taste of Water...go figure...not that I drink sodas either, usually drink more milk, tea, juice, etc...my daughter has picked up the habit too and doesn't drink Water either...not a good "like mother, like daughter" deal...I have started carrying around with me a 32 oz. container with water and my goal is to drink one in the AM and one in the PM...I tried the flavored packets that you mix in with it and I do like the lemonade flavors, so that is helping...I am hoping that if I get used to the water I will eventually get to a point that I actually crave the taste...so far, it has to be ICE cold for me to drink it, though...thanks for the advice

Has anyone else noticed that with the band, your eating habits tend to rub off on your kids and you have found that they don't eat as much now that you don't...my kids have stopped snacking and are not as "hungry" as much as they were before...they really don't raid the refrig. as soon as we walk in the door, like before...I wonder if that is because they don't see me eating and really don't think about it anymore...just something I have noticed lately...

Maurdan....glad it worked!! :D

VLynn.....I have 2 teenage boys, so no...I havent noticed ANY change in their eating habits! ;-) If anything its difficult for me to have dinner w/them b/c they wolf their food down in about 3 seconds flat and I'm stuck at the table trying to chew chew chew and wait in between bites! It makes it very difficult for me not to rush my meal.

COUGHING....guys....i've got a cold and am coughing a lot! Is this bad?? Am I in danger of doing any damage to my band? I know puking is bad for the band, but just wondering if coughing is just as bad??? Advice needed! Thanks!

Maurdan, glad the slowing down helps! I was going to suggest that. :D

So I got fill #3 yesterday - I wasn't sure if I needed one, as I did have decent restriction on #2. But, I'd noticed I would get hungry in 3 hours vs the 4+ they recommend and could still eat anything (which was good, since I realized it after taking a few bites of a Lean Pocket). So, since I was still losing and had some restriction, I wasn't sure if I needed more, but explained all this at the doc's yesterday. The nurse said "definitely!" and gave me another 0.3cc's. I'm now at 2.3cc's in my 4cc band. I don't *have* to do liquids, but they ask for at least mushies for 24 hours.

So I had some scrambled eggs this morning. I got done eating them about 8:30, trying to eat slow, chew, chew chew. No problems going down, and I got full pretty quick - probably actually ate a few bites too many, but I'm learning.

Now it's almost 4 hours later and I have absolutely NO appetite. None, zero, zilch. The thought of eating lunch really doesn't interest me in the slightest. Actually the thought of eating anything almost makes me curl up my nose in dislike!

If this is my sweet spot, I'm loving it! I don't want food! I'm hoping this isn't just some swelling from the fill and it'll go away, that would be a bummer!

Annie (now Banannie formerly known as ChubbyGirl)

Kirsten, it does make a difference I guess that my children are 10 and 6...I still have the "power" to say NO!!!....LOL...my family has been great about helping me still feel apart of the family meal...so i guess that's a plus...

I have a question for everybody, I am wondering if this is just happening to me. I was banded 12-26-06 but had been dieting a couple months before surgery and have lost almost 60 pounds, a lot in my face, now at work I get, are you eating enough? Your face looks so thin and I am worried if you are eating enough. I eat fine, too much in my book, doctor says I am fine, I just wonder if anyone else gets this or is it just me? They all know about the having surgery, I just wonder if anyone else has to hear this too?

I know how you feel..though I don't get many people saying I am getting too thin, I do find that I lose weight from the top down. So my face and neck are thinning out but the rest of me is a little slow to catch up!!!

VLYNN...well, the other thing is that your kids know about your surgery. Mine don't know I had it done!!! I don't want my Ex (their dad) to know about it so I figured I needed to keep it a secret from them too so they wouldn't inadvertantly blurt it out to him. So for me, I've tried to keep things as "normal" as they were before, except I'm just not eating as much as I did before. My boys just think I'm on a regular 'diet' :)

yeah...that could be a factor...

I haven't really had many people comment on MY loss yet...I suppose I haven't lost enough for them to really tell or something...My husband tells me all the time that he can tell, and my clothes are getting baggy, but I still don't feel like I have lost enough to think I have really lost "A LOT" per say...I think when I hit 40 lbs. it will sound like a lot to me and I will begin to think I have lost a bunch...I like 6 lbs getting to that number...so, we'll see...I seem to be slimming from the top down too...I've been told you will usually lose from the top and bottom first and work toward the middle...go figure!!!

I had a co-worker ask me how much more I plan on losing. I said A LOT! She said she loved me however I am and I had to explain I was doing it for my health.

I think it's going to be interesting to see how people react to the new me. They've only ever known me as fat. *I've* only ever known me as fat!

Same here...my ultimate goal is when school starts back in the fall and I have to go to the first teacher inservice meetings...everyone is amazed at the difference...that will be about 7 months post-op...I am anxious to see what I will look like...

I seem to be getting the munchies quite often...is this a problem? I don't go for another fill for 4 weeks...it's been 2 since my last...this will be my 2nd...