Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pittsburgh Pa

I live near Pittsburgh, and had my surgery at UPMC St. Margarett. Was a good experience

I live in Murrysville and just had my bypass on Dec. 7th at St. Margarets Hospital. My surgeon is Dr. Peluso. Everything's going great so far!

I live in Murrysville and just had my bypass on Dec. 7th at St. Margarets Hospital. My surgeon is Dr. Peluso. Everything's going great so far!

Isn't she amazing! I saw her Thursday for my 4 months appointment.

How are you doing now?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

She is, i really like her. I am still in my month of pureeds..have 2 more weeks to go in it. I am doing well. I did expierence the dumping syndrome once after trying a shake recipe that included Peanut Butter which i realized after was just too much fat for this stage. The worst thing so far was when i tried scrambled eggs for the second time. Either I didn't chew enough or had too much, but it was stuck for 5 1/2 hours! Crazy sick feeling...but i guess it's all trial and error. Scrambled eggs were on the list i could eat, but not again! I'll be excited to move up to the next phase just for more of a variety of food. Otherwise, just a little sore still.

Are you able to eat regular consistency foods now? Have you had any complications since your surgery?

So glad we connected!

Am allowed to eat regular food now; am 4.5 months out. The issue is I can't tolerate much and my taste changes a lot.

I had the same issue with scrambled eggs and it was my 2nd tine as well.

my appetite isn't stable at all. I can like some food today and hate it the next. I eat chicken and white fillet fish but some days I don't wanna have any.

Dr. Peluso wants me to increase my Protein to 100 g/a day to minimize hair loss. That's a real challenge now.

Yeah, glad we connected :-)

I live in the Pittsburgh area. I had my surgery Nov. 2nd 2012 at UPMC Magee. I live in White Oak. I work in Monroeville! I would love a workout buddy!

Stephanie

Wow!! 100g/day!! That would be so hard!! Have you had Hair loss? I have been noticing that my hair is much drier than usual..don't know if that's from the surgery or what. Have you found any other foods that have gotten stuck? Someone said pork is hard to digest. Can you eat ground meat? I'm getting really sick of the pureed's...I still have 2 more weeks on it before I go back for my month appointment.

I don't eat pork but beef wasn't going well for me. I can eat ground beef but shifted to ground turkey a couple months ago: less fat and carbs & much easier to digest and stay down.

I live about an hour north of Pgh (Slippery Rock). My surgeon is Dr. Eid out of Magee...idk where the surgery will take place.

I will be starting my 5th month of supervised diet in January. I'm really excited/anxious to get everything going. I also meet with the nutritionist and psychologist on January 15th. What all goes on in the psych appt?!

Not too much. They just want to make sure you are mentally ready/prepared to follow through with your new life style and such. I had to fill out a personal survey before hand and they reviewed my answers at the appointment too. I'm excited for you! The time will go fast...i can't believe i'm on the other side already..3 weeks post op... One of my friends had her surgery at Magee also. Does your surgeon do the robotic surgery?

To anyone who went to Magee for their surgery - what all goes on at the Nutritionist visit? It says ill be taking a small test on the booklet they provided... Is it something I should really worry about? I've read the booklet a few times I just didn't know how intense the test was...

I went and had my appointment with Dave. He gave me the little quiz. And I answered them. Got some correct got some wrong. I didn't even know about the little quiz. He pretty much went through all the questions with you. Nothing to be worried about at all.

Stephanie

Hello! I got my surgery date for February 28th with Dr. Eid at Magee Womens. I have my pre-op appt scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30. Anyone know what all goes on during that? The assistant told me its a long appt....about 4 hours.

Hello! I got my surgery date for February 28th with Dr. Eid at Magee Womens. I have my pre-op appt scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30. Anyone know what all goes on during that? The assistant told me its a long appt....about 4 hours.

Pretty much talk to you about what is going to happen on surgery day. What food you will eat right out of surgery. Protein. Vitamins. Taking time off work. They make sure you have all of you pre op test finish and answer all questions. I was in with a group of two other ladies. Pretty much a informational meeting.

Stephanie

Oh ok cool. Thanks for the info! Have you had your surgery yet?