Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Ground Turkey Dishes

I prefer the 93% lean Ground Turkey to Beef but thats me.

These are nice and high in protein! Good stuff :)

(I'm not sure why copy and paste messed up the fonts and spacing but...)

Tex Mex Lasagna

Vegetable cooking spray

1 pound ground beef, turkey

1 medium onion, finely diced

2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning

One 16-ounce can non-fat refried Beans

1 cup salsa, divided

One 15-ounce container non-fat Ricotta cheese

2 cups shredded non-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided

24 round wonton wrappers (or 12 egg roll wrappers for a large casserole) - They are in most produce sections

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch baking pan and set aside. If using cups, place them on a cookie sheet.

In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook beef or turkey and onions until meat in no longer pink and onions are tender. Drain if necessary. Stir in chili or taco seasoning, refried Beans, and 3/4 cup of the salsa. Set aside to cool slightly.

In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese and 1 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese and set aside. Place wrappers on the bottom of the pan, spoon on half of meat mixture and half of cheese mixture. Repeat with wrapper, meat and cheese. Place 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining salsa on each cup or spread onto casserole. Top with remaining Jack cheese. Bake 25 min

MexiCali Meatloaf

1 lb ground beef or1 lb ground turkey

1 cup salsa, liquid (mild or medium, depending on your preference)

3 eggs (or equivalent Egg Beaters if you prefer)

2 cups finely non-fat shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)

2 tbsp garlic powder

2 tbsp onion powder

1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning

1 packet Goya Sazon Seasoning Mix

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until thoroughly blended. The mixture should still feel moist to the touch but form a ball easily. If it seems too wet, add a bit more cheese to firm it up more.

Here's a secret to avoiding all that extra grease collecting in the bottom of the pan. Place a piece of bread (stale bread is fine, you're not going to eat it) on the bottom of the pan to line it before you put your meat mixture in.

Form into loaf, place on bread slices and bake about 45 min to an hour depending on the meatlof size depending on your oven and how big the meatloaf is.

Mix about 4-5 tbs of salsa with 2-3 tbs of ketchup and top meatloaf during the last few minutes of cooking. Remove bread from bottom before serving

Mexican Beef & Bean Bake

2 lbs. Ground Turkey or Beef

2 Yellow Onion, diced

1 Green Pepper

1 can (15 oz.) Black Beans, rinsed & drained

1 can (15 oz.) Red Kidney Beans, rinsed & drained

4 oz Fat-Free Cream Cheese

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) healthy choice Cheese Soup

1/2 cup Shredded Non-Fat Mexican Blend Cheese

Sauté onions and peppers. Sauté ground meat, drain. Drain and rinse beans. Mix all together except cheese and put in pan. Top with cheese and Bake 30 min at 350.

I never had ground turkey.

Mami you got to try it. When mixed in dishes you can't tell the difference between beef and ground turkey

Mami you got to try it. When mixed in dishes you can't tell the difference between beef and ground turkey

I'm going to try it but plain or with tortilla stuff?

I just made a turkey meal tonight!

Very very simplistic, but so yummy!

Sauteed up some ground turkey, then zucchini and mushrooms with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mixed together, blended slightly in the Bullet (still on purees), and good to go! Quick, simple, and good!

Very very simplistic' date=' but so yummy!

Sauteed up some ground turkey, then zucchini and mushrooms with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mixed together, blended slightly in the Bullet (still on purees), and good to go! Quick, simple, and good![/quote']

Hi RoundedRed.....sounds good...does it still have texture or is it completely smooth?....D

A little bit of texture - enough that I could still chew some before swallowing. I can't handle "pureé" in the absolute, totally smooth sense - gross! My nutritionist said if I blender things to about tuna fish consistency and then chew it the rest of the way to mush, she'd be okay with that!

Very very simplistic' date=' but so yummy!

Sauteed up some ground turkey, then zucchini and mushrooms with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mixed together, blended slightly in the Bullet (still on purees), and good to go! Quick, simple, and good![/quote']

That sounds yummy. Am going shopping today and will buy some ground turkey & try this. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

MAMI no need for tortillas and it's like beef but turkey so much healthier and yum. Mi pappas con arroz use it instead of beef , try ground turkey,papas (potatoes) or O'Brien potatoes , cut green peppers,onions and sofrito with white or brown rice, delicious I can't wait for liquid diet to be over in 3 monthspy