Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No, my esophagus is eroding. They put me back on liquids. Soooooo basically starting over to allow it to heal. They also changed one of my meds. Still can't get enough Fluid or Protein in. My doc told me that my hair would definitely start falling out in the next few months.

I'm convinced this surgery is gonna be the death of me.

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12

No' date=' my esophagus is eroding. They put me back on liquids. Soooooo basically starting over to allow it to heal. They also changed one of my meds. Still can't get enough Fluid or Protein in. My doc told me that my hair would definitely start falling out in the next few months.

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12[/quote']

I'm so sorry ur having such a rough time. I thought my nausea was the worst thing in the world. Hope u feel better soon.

No' date=' my esophagus is eroding. They put me back on liquids. Soooooo basically starting over to allow it to heal. They also changed one of my meds. Still can't get enough Fluid or Protein in. My doc told me that my hair would definitely start falling out in the next few months.

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12[/quote']

Damn girl I'm sorry your having such a hard time. On the upside.I've seen some super cute wigs.. I hope your hair doesn't fall out though. I'm waiting for mine to start, every time I wash it tons come out, but I love playing dress up so I have tons of wigs.. So I'm ready..lol. Will they let you drink Protein Shakes to help with that? Your in my prayers and I do hope thinks get better real soon.. Keep your head up..

Had my first bad eating experience yesterday. Made salmon and veggies took a small portion started to eat had maybe 3 bites think I ate to fast and didn't chew enough got a " stuck" painful feeling . Stopped eating but pain worsened. Pain came in waves until I got the foamies and vomited. Numerous times over 20 min seemed like more then I ate even. Finally felt better. I was pretty spoiled I have tolerated everything til now.

Hope everyone is improving.

Watch out for strictures...this is how mine started.

Hugs to you! That's an awful time! Next time try meat tenderizer mixed in warm Water. When I get it it ruins me for hours. Its always when I try to eat to fast. Lots for us all to learn.....I wish we didn't have to learn the hard way ya know?

Thinking about everyone :)

I feel the same. Lately I've been having trouble eating. Like the idea of picking something is scary. I have to say, I've discovered how much I love turnips! I know they aren't Protein but they're so good! It's hard not o eat too much. They don't make you feel full at all. So far I've only gotten sick twice. Both times I made myself do it o make the pain stop. I didn't feel nauseous, I felt like a ball of acid sitting below my throat. The first time was something you'd expect, but the second time was something I'd had no problem with before.

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue. I'm going to be 8 weeks post op tomorrow. I keep getting these off and on sharp pains mostly in my left/front area' date=' sometimes more towards the front middle. It's not constant but getting more frequent. It's pretty painful.[/quote']

Maybe a stricture..

It's when scar tissue builds up. They go in and dilate the esophagus...

Oh great. I hope that's not it

It's when scar tissue builds up. They go in and dilate the esophagus...

I thought they dilate the connection between your stomach and small intestines. ?

I thought they dilate the connection between your stomach and small intestines. ?

You are right. They dilate your stomach and smell intestines. The stoma there sometimes closes. I am suffering tonight after eating sliced ham. My pouch hated it. I have puked and slimed for 3hrs now...and I still see ham. Let it end soon please.

I am just here to whine a little I hope that is ok. I never feel well. I am having major ketosis symptoms. I brush my teeth a million times and my mouth still tastes so bad it makes me constantly gag. I get so tired and dizzy. Its all i can do to eat my 2oz 3xs a day because it doesnt taste that great. I have not been able to force myself to take my meds and Vitamins. I have tried pill, liquid, and chewable vitamins and i cant make myself take them. I feel gaggy/vomity all the time. My son and hubby r sick of me being sick (me too). Smells bother me too. A few weeks ago I loved the smells of food cooking even tho i couldnt eat it. I am about 2 months postop. I am worried because I have been skipping my anti depressants and anxiety meds. I have also been having problems with pain control during my pms. I have always had pain but this is way worse. Trying to manage the pain with Tylonol instead of ibuprofin is so difficult for me. Not to mention taking the tylonol pills is hard. I know i dont have a stricture because Water is fine and other than the bad taste the food is fine. I am debating eating some healthy carbs just to stop the ketosis. My drs diet orders r no carbs. I wish ther was some way to get my meds in a shot form. And a more powerful pain relief for my pms.

Thx for reading my rant. Any replys r welcome.

I am just here to whine a little I hope that is ok. I never feel well. I am having major ketosis symptoms. I brush my teeth a million times and my mouth still tastes so bad it makes me constantly gag. I get so tired and dizzy. Its all i can do to eat my 2oz 3xs a day because it doesnt taste that great. I have not been able to force myself to take my meds and Vitamins. I have tried pill' date=' liquid, and chewable vitamins and i cant make myself take them. I feel gaggy/vomity all the time. My son and hubby r sick of me being sick (me too). Smells bother me too. A few weeks ago I loved the smells of food cooking even tho i couldnt eat it. I am about 2 months postop. I am worried because I have been skipping my anti depressants and anxiety meds. I have also been having problems with pain control during my pms. I have always had pain but this is way worse. Trying to manage the pain with Tylonol instead of ibuprofin is so difficult for me. Not to mention taking the tylonol pills is hard. I know i dont have a stricture because Water is fine and other than the bad taste the food is fine. I am debating eating some healthy carbs just to stop the ketosis. My drs diet orders r no carbs. I wish ther was some way to get my meds in a shot form. And a more powerful pain relief for my pms.

Thx for reading my rant. Any replys r welcome.[/quote']

Do you have nausea pills, they help me tremendously

How far out are you, it will get better I promise

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I am just here to whine a little I hope that is ok. I never feel well. I am having major ketosis symptoms. I brush my teeth a million times and my mouth still tastes so bad it makes me constantly gag. I get so tired and dizzy. Its all i can do to eat my 2oz 3xs a day because it doesnt taste that great. I have not been able to force myself to take my meds and Vitamins. I have tried pill' date=' liquid, and chewable vitamins and i cant make myself take them. I feel gaggy/vomity all the time. My son and hubby r sick of me being sick (me too). Smells bother me too. A few weeks ago I loved the smells of food cooking even tho i couldnt eat it. I am about 2 months postop. I am worried because I have been skipping my anti depressants and anxiety meds. I have also been having problems with pain control during my pms. I have always had pain but this is way worse. Trying to manage the pain with Tylonol instead of ibuprofin is so difficult for me. Not to mention taking the tylonol pills is hard. I know i dont have a stricture because Water is fine and other than the bad taste the food is fine. I am debating eating some healthy carbs just to stop the ketosis. My drs diet orders r no carbs. I wish ther was some way to get my meds in a shot form. And a more powerful pain relief for my pms.

Thx for reading my rant. Any replys r welcome.[/quote']

Hi, sorry your having a difficult time, I was the same way I used Colgate Optic White tooth paste and I brushed and brushed scrubbed my tongue and then I used the Colgate Optic White mouth wash and that took that cotton spitting and sick feeling away. I hope it works for you. The tooth paste is strong and it gets all that bacteria out of you mouth. Hope you feel better.

Hi' date=' sorry your having a difficult time, I was the same way I used Colgate Optic White tooth paste and I brushed and brushed scrubbed my tongue and then I used the Colgate Optic White mouth wash and that took that cotton spitting and sickthx feeling away. I hope it works for you. The tooth paste is strong and it gets all that bacteria out of you mouth. Hope you feel better.[/quote']

Thx for the advice. does it ever go away???